• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
wasn't james one of the driving forces behind the "not my ghostbusters" shit

*siiiiiiiighs* No.
He merely posted a video saying it doesn't look good and had no plans to review it. He posted it because he's a massive fan. Having made three AVGN videos about the games, making a documentary where he goes around New York finding the locations, and even doing a review of the 2009 game as himself (and he rarely does modern games).
People took it the wrong way and it blew up. Of course a lot of people also didn't watch it.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
*siiiiiiiighs* No.
He merely posted a video saying it doesn't look good and had no plans to review it. He posted it because he's a massive fan. Having made three AVGN videos about the games, making a documentary where he goes around New York finding the locations, and even doing a review of the 2009 game as himself (and he rarely does modern games).
People took it the wrong way and it blew up. Of course a lot of people also didn't watch it.
oh okay, that makes sense. i just remember clips of him always being included in compilations of people who were way too angry

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
At the end of the day, the AVGN is royalty in certain circles. Since James does seem like a legitimately solid dude, and people (inexplicably) love his nerd character so much, I think Mike's past indiscretions end up flying under the radar.
I think this is exactly it.
This just in: Scott likes Pineapple on Pizza and is more of a cat person.

He's not the man we thought he was.
That makes him a cool dude, what are you talking about.

Anyway, this is a thread about ProJared, not a thread to try and scare up reasons why random other YouTubers need to be cancelled.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I always see this guys video thumbnails and he looks like the most generic gaming comedy youtuber
Let me just say that 3 months ago I was the same way. His thumbnails screamed generic YouTuber crap to me and I always avoided clicking. Then I had a friend talking about liking him which prompted me to actually watch one.

The first couple of seconds hit me like a truck with what I found to be a cringey intro, but I went with it and thoroughly enjoyed the video and now I'm a fan.

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are there screen or last names to go with these? I don't know most youtube personalities by first name and it'd be good to know which ones I should be on the look out for.

Wow, my bad haha. Thought I'd said AVGN but completely forgot. Anyway, sorry for the slight derail. That's all I had to say. Well, that and fuck ProJared of course!

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If Scott the Woz specifically went on AVGN because he idolizes Mike that'd be concerning but yeah...James seems alright other than that so it doesn't bother me.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
pretty sure he just said he didn't like the movie

he didnt even see it back in the day just because the trailers were awful.

Such a weird stance of him in that time because since that video he didnt even make it clear in his past work that Ghostbusters was so special to him (unlike godzilla, that everybody that follows james for a time, all know that James is crazy about godzilla movies)

But anyways, he never mentioned it was because the "all women" cast.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The only thing James said about Ghostbusters 2016 was that it wasn't the movie that he wanted to see which was Ghostbusters 3.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017

Such a weird stance of him in that time because since that video he didnt even make it clear in his past work that Ghostbusters was so special to him (unlike godzilla, that everybody that follows james for a time, all know that James is crazy about godzilla movies)

Other than being AVGN, he is known for liking: old horror movies, Godzilla, Ghostbusters and Rocky.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018

Don't think his stance was weird at all in anyway. He articulated pretty well and rationally why he would/does hate the film.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
Don't think his stance was weird at all in anyway. He articulated pretty well and rationally why he would/does hate the film.

I mean, in retrospective, he even embraces the 1998 US godzilla movie (a more serious sin to the franchise than Ghostbusters 2016 to its own franchise), but he said he wont watch the movie just for the trailers?

It was not a serious deal to me back then, and it wont be now lol, but still i find it really weird.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I mean, in retrospective, he even embraces the 1998 US godzilla movie (a more serious sin to the franchise than Ghostbusters 2016 to its own franchise), but he said he wont watch the movie just for the trailers?

It was not a serious deal to me back then, and it wont be now lol, but still i find it really weird.
He was 18 when that Godzilla film came out. Difference between that and being nearly 40 and having nearly 30 years of nostalgia building up for a Ghostbusters.

He also hasn't really "embraced" 1998 Godzilla, in his May 2019 video about the Godzilla franchise he says it doesn't count as a Godzilla film, isn't Godzilla and it so far removed for Godzilla apart from the name. He just says it's not a bad film, but it's not a Godzilla film.

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
What a dumb reason to bump this thread. I wanna know if something is being done, legally, about the underage grooming and pic soliciting accusations. No one cares about some stupid video.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
What was it before the incident btw?
I think it was above a milliion? There's probably an article about his lost subs out there when this happened.

just found this...
More than 100,000 followers unsubscribed from his YouTube channel within the first day of him being in the headlines, reducing his total number of followers from 1,033,939 to 931,237.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
You should probably post the video if you're going to bump a topic like this up with what you're saying.
Or say who the video was by, or anything more than a really vague post.
I think it was above a milliion? There's probably an article about his lost subs out there when this happened.

just found this...
He was barely updating before this news broke out, and I'm assuming he hasn't made any new videos (or even livestreamed) since. I'm sure some people are dropping their sub just because there isn't any new content coming.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Or say who the video was by, or anything more than a really vague post.

He was barely updating before this news broke out, and I'm assuming he hasn't made any new videos (or even livestreamed) since. I'm sure some people are dropping their sub just because there isn't any new content coming.
Yeah, that makes sense.

I just posted a link to that article and quoted them on the number because it's from May (the day this thread started actually) and the person asked how many he had before the "incident."

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Yeah, that makes sense.

I just posted a link to that article and quoted them on the number because it's from May (the day this thread started actually) and the person asked how many he had before the "incident."
Honestly, if he had continued making new videos this thread would have probably stayed more active. It's interesting that he just up and vanished, since most internet celebrities usually try to weather this type of storm.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Honestly, if he had continued making new videos this thread would have probably stayed more active. It's interesting that he just up and vanished, since most internet celebrities usually try to weather this type of storm.

Jared had already basically fallen off the face of the internet before the allegations came out.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
We're going to lock this thread for now. Please don't bump threads just to string people along. If there's new information regarding this topic, feel free to make a new thread on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.