• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
Why did someone think it was a good idea to post that Sailor Mercury photo!?

Anyways, still didn't ruin the best Sailor Scout for me, Sailor Mercury is 2D and looks nothing like Jared, not even her live-action version:
live_action_pretty_guardian_sailor_moon_act_20_sailor_mercury_vs_kunzite.jpg

I just don't want to look at Jared at what seems to be a sexy photo, and considering the contexts at which he was sending those kinds of photos i really don't want to see that, i mean, yeah, he's cosplaying, but that pose though...then again, he isn't smiling or anything so was that just some photo he shared to everyone on Twitter?

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Oh! I know what ill be doing with my taxes this year then.
It's a tactic that many people do, especially politicians. They rely on people's attention spans to wander and forget over time, giving them a chance to slowly weasel back into society like nothing happened. I wouldn't be surprised if Holly is trying this age old hand of cards.

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
Pfft, Sailor Mercury is still the best, as a young boy that was nerdy and a bit shy, she was my favorite and still is, though, let's be fair, she is not the best anime/manga character with the name of a planet/star, no character in Sailor Moon is, everyone knows that honor goes to Tentai Senshi Sunred.

I mean, when ceiling monsters from evil organizations that want to conquer Earth make songs about you, you know you're awesome!

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
This dude ain't dropping under 800k. Subloss is slowing down alot.

YouTube hasn't exactly distanced themselves from him either. When Logan Paul can film corpses and taze rats while retaining a platform. Will YouTube care about removing a pedophile? They really should. Amos Yee was banned for hinting at pedophilia and Jared should follow.

Ragnite

Oct 27, 2017
I just don't want to look at Jared at what seems to be a sexy photo, and considering the contexts at which he was sending those kinds of photos i really don't want to see that, i mean, yeah, he's cosplaying, but that pose though...then again, he isn't smiling or anything so was that just some photo he shared to everyone on Twitter?

Yeah, it was a public photo from his instagram from a while ago.

Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
Long story short: Overcooked on Switch came out all fucked up, Nick Robinson got weirdly aggressive towards the devs on it, someone tweeted something like "Maybe he could help the devs if he wasn't sliding into DMs all the time" and it snowballed from there.

I always assumed people who say Overcooked is the kind of game that can destroy relationships were just exaggerating.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I question the legality of Holly's actions if she had been trying to silence Jared's victims.

I am not a lawyer or a man of the law so I don't know what she'd be charged with? Attempt to cover up a crime?

Another thing I don't get is why on earth did Holly not run to the hills when fans especially underage ones had come forward about the abuse? Did she just assume "fake news"/"Bitches want Jared's clout?"

I think if it came to a investigation the prosecutor would flip her and let her walk to get Jared. All she has to do is play dumb and tell a story of how she was manipulated.

Corporal

Oct 27, 2017
How come we're now in an age of supposedly gender equality and whateverthefuckelse and we still get peeps having a stick up their bum over what other people are wearing, in this case for fun no less.

Hate the guy for sexually exploiting minors and cheating on his wife. Perfectly OK.
I double dog dare you fuckers to hate on him for wearing a freaking skirt.

(Unless his dangly bits actually poked out underneath and it was a cropped-for-sanitys-sake that kind of image he sent to minors. Then hate away.)

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
I think, here on resetera at least, the reason you are seeing so many people "focused on the cheating" instead of the worse stuff with minors is because people keep popping up to defend the cheating. No one is defending the pedophilia, so there's less conversation about that. A shocking amount of people do want to come in and downplay the months of emotional abuse and gaslighting involved in the cheating because "cheating is just personal life", and so you see a lot of conversation where people are having to remind "no, that was a really fucked up thing to do."

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
Pfft, Sailor Mercury is still the best, as a young boy that was nerdy and a bit shy, she was my favorite and still is, though, let's be fair, she is not the best anime/manga character with the name of a planet/star, no character in Sailor Moon is, everyone knows that honor goes to Tentai Senshi Sunred.

Dude that's the whole reason anyone likes her. She was the shy nerdy one that all the shy nerds wanted as their wife. You're going into a fight do you want some fuckin bubbles or a lightning strike or a flame blast?

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
How come we're now in an age of supposedly gender equality and whateverthefuckelse and we still get peeps having a stick up their bum over what other people are wearing, in this case for fun no less.

Hate the guy for sexually exploiting minors and cheating on his wife. Perfectly OK.

(Unless his dangly bits actually poked out underneath and it was a cropped-for-sanitys-sake that kind of image he sent to minors. Then hate away.)
Deffos where I'm at. By all means dunk the man into the center of the earth but if you're using this as opportunity to poo poo cross-dressing you can step off

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
It definitely seems like this whole thing has deeply affected those in Jared's social sphere. PBG hasn't uploaded in days, Ian seems under the weather, and now Satchel Drakes is leaving Normal Boots.

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Just came to my mind that I basically learned Magic by watching his series on that one classic Magic game for old Windows, and he was all "bullies are bad, I hate it, I even served one of them, I'm such an ally" and now I have this disgusting taste in my mouth. I wasn't a huge fan or anything, but I did watch a couple randomizer and the main channel videos. Ugh. Fucking predator.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017

I thought it was EXACTLY that kind of image? One of the victims (tweet no longer exists) mentioned getting the image with a visible penis.
I didn't check it (no thanks, I'm good) but you're free to check it here:
Suddenly, this makes a whole lot more sense
https://imgur.com/MdhZiBu

EDIT: Warning, NSFL

I'll eat crow if you don't see a dick here, I didn't want to check it myself. But that's the impression i got from all the replys to it.

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
Dude that's the whole reason anyone likes her. She was the shy nerdy one that all the shy nerds wanted as their wife. You're going into a fight do you want some fuckin bubbles or a lightning strike or a flame blast?
She also had a computer which i could relate to, but yeah, as a young boy, that was one of the two magical girls show i watched, this and Cardcaptor Sakura, and well, i can see why Jared didn't cosplay that series...because unlike the Sailor Scouts, Sakura didn't get a costume when she transformed and she had a friend giving her a different costume each episode and there would just be too many costumes for Jared to pick...okay, that and Cardcaptor Sakura not being as popular as Sailor Moon but tell that to hipster young me!

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
It definitely seems like this whole thing has deeply affected those in Jared's social sphere. PBG hasn't uploaded in days, Ian seems under the weather, and now Satchel Drakes is leaving Normal Boots.

With regards to Satchell, it's honestly a respectable decision, considering what has transpired this past week. You sometimes have to go with your gut feeling & stick to your morals.

NormalBoots will be worse off without him, though.

Oct 27, 2017
Is NormalBoots done for? At first I was kinda sad for all the people who are working on that company and getting shit by proxy... but then I remembered that NormalBoots was founded by JonTron and he's still "active" as a founding member. They have done zero effort to distance themselves from him and his views. Oh welp.

I thought it was EXACTLY that kind of image? One of the victims (tweet no longer exists) mentioned getting the image with a visible penis.
I didn't check it (no thanks, I'm good) but you're free to check it here:

I'll eat crow if you don't see a dick here, I didn't want to check it myself. But that's the impression i got from all the replys to it.

One crow coming up!

What a weird hill to die on.

Mar 12, 2018

I would say it's less about a man wearing a skirt, and more about said man dressing up as an underaged character provocatively

doesn't help that he also targeted minors

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is NormalBoots done for? At first I was kinda sad for all the people who are working on that company and getting shit by proxy... but then I remembered that NormalBoots was founded by JonTron and he's still "active" as a founding member. They have done zero effort to distance themselves from him and his views. Oh welp.
Jon hasn't been a part of NB since the Destiny fiasco. They basically kicked him out - even though PBG was the only one publicly giving him shit and subsequently got dogpiled on by a bunch of other popular content creators, while Jirard and DYKG's Shane basically were like "nope not touching this" - and Jirard's brother manages the company nowadays. Not that it really mattered since Jon barely gave a shit about the site anyway and seemed more interested running off to make sponsored overproduced adverts.

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
Still, that's yet another Youtuber lost, and while Jared wasn't as big, the reason why he left was a lot worse, but hey, another reason to like PBG at least.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
No, they kicked JonTron out, and now they've kicked out ProJared with equal force.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PBG had already ended his friendship with Jontron behind the scenes by the time the Destiny thing happened. I remember JonTron only got in like, 2 seasons of Minecraft Hardcore, and never had him in any group events like those ever again.

Oct 27, 2017
Jon hasn't been a part of NB since the Destiny fiasco. They basically kicked him out - even though PBG was the only one publicly giving him shit and subsequently got dogpiled on by a bunch of other popular content creators, while Jirard and DYKG's Shane basically were like "nope not touching this" - and Jirard's brother manages the company nowadays. Not that it really mattered since Jon barely gave a shit about the site anyway and seemed more interested running off to make sponsored overproduced adverts.
No, they kicked JonTron out, and now they've kicked out ProJared with equal force.

They posted this when JonTron left:

Jon hasn't been kicked out of NormalBoots. It says that right there. I don't see any statement like this one for ProJared. Not that he (or JonTron) deserves anything, mind you. But don't try to sell me that NormalBoots completely shunned JonTron like they have done with ProJared.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
PBG doesnt post content very regularly from what I recall. That's not to say something this big wouldnt mean he keeps away for a bit because it's going to dominate all discussion for the near future. NormalBoots crew is probably just crushed that 2 of the big name members ended up being such human garbage.

At this point those remaining should be considering dumping the name and forming a new group. You can't really salvage the name anymore.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
PBG doesnt post content very regularly from what I recall. That's not to say something this big wouldnt mean he keeps away for a bit because it's going to dominate all discussion for the near future. NormalBoots crew is probably just crushed that 2 of the big name members ended up being such human garbage.

At this point those remaining should be considering dumping the name and forming a new group. You can't really salvage the name anymore.
PBG posts to his main channel irregularly, but he has a second channel for Let's Plays, his Hardcore series, and other random content on a mostly daily basis. He hasn't posted to his gameplay channel since all of this went down, though.

Jon hasn't been kicked out of NormalBoots. It says that right there. I don't see any statement like this one for ProJared. Not that he (or JonTron) deserves anything, mind you. But don't try to sell me that NormalBoots completely shunned JonTron like they have done with ProJared.

OK.

Also, chill a little. Even if they didn't specifically say they dropped him, it's very clear that Jon has not been a part of NormalBoots since then. He could have been given an ultimatum such as "Leave, or we'll throw your ass out." If he chose to leave under such an ultimatum, then he wasn't fired or thrown out in the legal sense.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The issue is that JonTron is a founder. He and PBG founded NormalBoots, and that requires more legal hoops to jump through to kick a founder. He did as much as he could do and JonTron's name and content are nowhere to be found on the website. When the Destiny debate happened PBG was dragging JonTron on Twitter.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

It's not creepy because he's crossdressing, it's creepy because of, uh, literally everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.