• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I guess relevant but a different person, Apparently Etika (yes that etika) is being outted for trying to solicit nudes from a minor. just found out about it now. Not sure if others heard or have more info?
Is there a source on this? I looked at his subreddit briefly and didn't see anything like that.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a source on this? I looked at his subreddit briefly and didn't see anything like that.

the person stating it was a message to him

Etika not denying it, but saying show more of the convo. He mistakens it by stating its a screeshot, when what was shown was a video portion of the actual exchange.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EtikaReddi...st_saw_this_on_insta_and_im_not_sure_if_yall/
The reddit post that brought this to light with the video of some of conversation where he asking for the minor's body (or see their body) is there as well.

if the video was deleted from the reddit post (a mod im assuming was him was blocking and deleting posts from the reddit earlier) here is a tweet that has it there.

i been trying to find more myself, but the fact he isn't denying it speaks volumes already.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017

the person stating it was a message to him

Etika not denying it, but saying show more of the convo. He mistakens it by stating its a screeshot, when what was shown was a video portion of the actual exchange.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EtikaReddi...st_saw_this_on_insta_and_im_not_sure_if_yall/
The reddit post that brought this to light with the video of some of conversation where he asking for the minor's body (or see their body) is there as well.

if the video was deleted from the reddit post (a mod im assuming was him was blocking and deleting posts from the reddit earlier) here is a tweet that has it there.

i been trying to find more myself, but the fact he isn't denying it speaks volumes already.

Jesus that's really fucked up and incredibly damming evidence so far.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus that's really fucked up and incredibly damming evidence so far.
yep. Some more posts were recently deleted and i noticed a thread or two are gone now from the reddit so not entirely sure what else came out. One thing for sure though is that he did that, not sure if much more will come out or if this will blow up beyond here tbh, i seen the yesmen in his community come out to defend him on twitter and reddit and I got some interactions on social media from his yesmen supporters..

hoping this will eventually catch wind and go out there.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
They barely did anything to that unbelievably racist 14 year old girl channel why would you think Youtube will do anything to Jared's?
I guess YT is just cool with content creators soliciting the minors in their audience. Still remember when they restricted LGBTQ+ content and in the face of this and last month's shit with PDP, it just gets more and more clear where their priorities lie.

Feb 24, 2018
I guess YT is just cool with content creators soliciting the minors in their audience. Still remember when they restricted LGBTQ+ content and in the face of this and last month's shit with PDP, it just gets more and more clear where their priorities lie.
Sadly, I think this is social media in general now, you have Twitter banning people for calling Terfs Terf while openly allowing white supremacists, racist etc to run around abusing people and Reddit refusing to remove pro gamergate subreddits like Kotaku in Action. They all seems to want them running around the place for short term gains, not caring about the moral thing or destroying their own reputation.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Youtube doesn't give a fuck, unless it's actively hurting their bottom line (like if advertisers start complaining). They are the fucking worst.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I don't think there'll be a point to take him down. I can't see him uploading anymore after this anyway if he ends up being put away. Eventually the algorithm will stop recommending him. He'll disappear into the ether in time.

I never saw Jared as someone who would attract the alt-right crowd. Jon only got a huge following of them after he made his stupid views clear enough. Maybe I'm wrong.
He was a self-proclaimed feminist, so the alt-right was never on his side. They just want him to fail, and use him as an example of male feminists being hypocrites. He has no chance of coming back, and if he does only ridicule will await him. He ain't no Vic with his mindless hoard of sheeps.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
He was a self-proclaimed feminist, so the alt-right was never on his side. They just want him to fail, and use him as an example of male feminists being hypocrites. He has no chance of coming back, and if he does only ridicule will await him. He ain't no Vic with his mindless hoard of sheeps.

Pretty much. He will never gain the same traction that he obtained. If anything, he should be lucky that he MIGHT avoid jail time altogether.

snesiscool

Feb 15, 2018
Heads up, Youtube is starting to roll your Youtube Gaming subscriptions into your main subscriptions. If you unsubscribed from Projared, you might still have him in your subscriptions due to this. I had to reunsubscribe from JonTron and TheBitBlock.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Heads up, Youtube is starting to roll your Youtube Gaming subscriptions into your main subscriptions. If you unsubscribed from Projared, you might still have him in your subscriptions due to this. I had to reunsubscribe from JonTron and TheBitBlock.
Ugh wtf youtube. That's bullshit. Thanks for the info.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Slightly off topic. But after watching the video...im curious to know who some of the other asshole content creators he eludes to knowing lol.
One wonders.

I don't think there'll be a point to take him down. I can't see him uploading anymore after this anyway if he ends up being put away. Eventually the algorithm will stop recommending him. He'll disappear into the ether in time.

I never saw Jared as someone who would attract the alt-right crowd. Jon only got a huge following of them after he made his stupid views clear enough. Maybe I'm wrong.

I remember the flood. The video he put up where he explains what happened. How it happened like literally right before they moved into a new house. And how his stuff was still safe. I'd assume it happened before this all happened. At least before Heidi knew anything was going on. Who knows.
Yeah, his channel is pretty much done, takedown or no. If he gets sent to prison, it's a moot point, but even if he doesn't, a lack of uploads, views, and traction will banish his channel to the algorithm depths. And he sits in that space where no one, not even alt-right douchebags, want to support him. He's a true pariah.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
As a preemptive thing like a prenup? Yeah... as a "whoops, I fucked up, better try to cover my tracks fast" thing? Really really really fucked up.

I mean it makes perfect sense. If someone is a "celebrity" (used loosely in this case) it's to prevent their scorned spouse from just spouting hate/rumors to ruin their professional image.

Obviously in this specific case we don't care because the dude is a scumbag but I would assume a lot of times the information a spouse releases has no real need to be public. It's really just to dirty laundry from going public and making a divorce messier than it needs to be.

But in this specific instance a lot of the really bad stuff is coming from other 3rd parties so it's tough to care that there wasn't an NDA lol

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Yeah, his channel is pretty much done, takedown or no. If he gets sent to prison, it's a moot point, but even if he doesn't, a lack of uploads, views, and traction will banish his channel to the algorithm depths. And he sits in that space where no one, not even alt-right douchebags, want to support him. He's a true pariah.
Well that's what I'm saying. One way or another, he's done. He probably knows he's done too. But he'll probably still try in the small chance he doesn't go to prison.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So, long story short?

giphy.gif

Except, you know, the underage stuff...

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
TL;DR "He wasn't cheating on Heidi, because she agreed on an open relationship in the first place, i'm also a victim here, imma just ignore the underage sexting accusations."

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to know his ex-wife, apparently, was okay with him being an ephebophile. Sure, Jared.

He didn't throw her under the bus. He's trying to drop her into a volcano, and I don't believe the internet is gonna buy it.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There comes a point where you have to realize there's no recovering. Either apologize and disappear or just disappear. There's no redemption arc for you, Jared.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
dude we've seen your fucking dick. You aren't going to deflect and can come back from this. Asshat should be in fucking jail.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
Heidi's commenting about it.

EDIT: Tweet seems like it's a thread in progress? Seeing more added to it.

Yeah, basically that she knew Holly and Jared were interested in each other in January 2018, and she told Jared he needed to address it because she wasn't an idiot. Holly said she was ONLY interested in him, while still married to Ross. Heidi said that no this open relationship thing was not going to work.

Razor Mom

Jan 2, 2018
United Kingdom
I mean I think his little response thing really highlights the thing I've been saying the whole time:

Whatever his side of the story is, whatever happened between him and his wife, whatever the fuck is going on with open relationships or not, or lies, or anything, it's frankly not worth the effort to even dissect. That's between him and his wife. And nothing he said addresses the actual, real focus between of all of this dramatic bullshit:

Sexual engagements with minors.

That's literally the only thing that should matter in this situation. That's the really fucked up bit. That's the illegal bit.

Anddddd it still seems alarmingly unaddressed.

Oct 26, 2017
I mean I think his little response thing really highlights the thing I've been saying the whole time:

Whatever his side of the story is, whatever happened between him and his wife, whatever the fuck is going on with open relationships or not, or lies, or anything, it's frankly not worth the effort to even dissect. That's between him and his wife. And nothing he said addresses the actual, real focus between of all of this dramatic bullshit:

That's literally the only thing that should matter in this situation. That's the really fucked up bit. That's the illegal bit.

Probably because he can't defend that shit one bit

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
ROFL

This dude tried to slllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddddddddddddddddddddeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee past the shit with him contacting underage girls.

Deleted member 1238

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You know what's crazy? The whole sexting with minors thing wouldn't have even surfaced if he didn't make some out of nowhere statement about his divorce in the first place. Jared killed his entire career over something that never needed to be addressed. He did this all to himself and he deserves all the fallout from it.

Razor Mom

Jan 2, 2018
United Kingdom
ROFL

This dude tried to slllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddddddddddddddddddddeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee past the shit with him contacting underage girls.
I mean pretty much everywhere, era included, a huge amount of the discussion was purely centered around the drama/cheating/relationship itself, for some stupid reason.

Edit: I mean even from the tweet above this post, from his wife, I feel like "sexual interactions with fans" doesn't really highlight the fact that it was supposedly fucking children. Why is this not the focus here!?

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So, it looks like he's essentially trying to clear his name, but hey, I guess he just guaranteed that he's going to be re-scrutinized after the news died down.

Status
Not open for further replies.