• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
He's trying to throw Heidi under the bus with this is all that can be gleaned. Except Heidi claims to have receipts to the contrary.

So no, Jared, you can't just point to her and say "she's the reason I sent dick pics to underage people and insecure women". Especially bad when you consider several people tried to contact Holly and she hid the info/may have warned him; so if he's trying to ruin his ex (who has been totally above board on all of this), he's going to end up throwing his evidently below board lover in the volcano pit too, lol.

He claims Heidi posted the pictures, but none of them came from her. It was all his former fans who he creeped on.
Bingo. It's a telling lie that's the mark of a person floundering.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean I think his little response thing really highlights the thing I've been saying the whole time:

Whatever his side of the story is, whatever happened between him and his wife, whatever the fuck is going on with open relationships or not, or lies, or anything, it's frankly not worth the effort to even dissect. That's between him and his wife. And nothing he said addresses the actual, real focus between of all of this dramatic bullshit:

Sexual engagements with minors.

That's literally the only thing that should matter in this situation. That's the really fucked up bit. That's the illegal bit.

Anddddd it still seems alarmingly unaddressed.

You've summed it up. Unfortunately unless someone arrests him, he seems like he's going to try and skate and salvage what fans he has on "he said/she said", which we've consistently seen to work on the internet, since all his victims are SHEs.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Not only was he dumb enough to respond, he was dumb enough to think that people care more about his affair than his sexual engagements with minors.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I mean I think his little response thing really highlights the thing I've been saying the whole time:

Whatever his side of the story is, whatever happened between him and his wife, whatever the fuck is going on with open relationships or not, or lies, or anything, it's frankly not worth the effort to even dissect. That's between him and his wife. And nothing he said addresses the actual, real focus between of all of this dramatic bullshit:

That's literally the only thing that should matter in this situation. That's the really fucked up bit. That's the illegal bit.

You're right on the money. Even IF there isn't concrete proof about the unsolicited underage pics allegations (which all evidence suggests otherwise), Jared failed to even TRY to address it. I mean, everyone who has replied to Jared's tweet have easily disproven most of those points, and he's just avoiding criminal behaviour.

Anyone with half a brain shouldn't trust this creep with anything.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I think it's entirely possible to focus on both the cheating and the minors case.

Especially since the two of them are linked considering that Holly might have known about a majority of the things that Jared was doing.

It's incredibly bad that he isn't addressing the sexual interactions crap and I can't freaking believe he thought that posting an "apology" of sorts addressing one elephant but without addressing the other elephant was okay in his mind.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

Yeah. This is a shockingly weak "apology" entirely ignoring what matters and focussing on the unimportant stuff. I thought he would be smarter than that. But I guess keep shitting on your ex is easier than addressing the elephant in the room you can't possibly defend

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I see you, Jared. Trying to ignore the whole part about you soliciting pics from underage fans. Bitch, you ain't slick.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I mean pretty much everywhere, era included, a huge amount of the discussion was purely centered around the drama/cheating/relationship itself, for some stupid reason.

Edit: I mean even from the tweet above this post, from his wife, I feel like "sexual interactions with fans" doesn't really highlight the fact that it was supposedly fucking children. Why is this not the focus here!?
Yeah I know what you mean. We need to focus more on him and the kids more than his marriage, I mean yeah that's horrible too but we're talking about those underage here. That needs to be the focus. This guy literally put out a press release side-stepping that but threw his wife under the bus just so people can talk more about that rather than what he's done with minors.

He's horrible.

OP
OP

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Not only was he dumb enough to respond, he was dumb enough to think that people care more about his affair than his sexual engagements with minors.
To be fair, that unfortunately seems to be the case with a lot of people, as much as it shouldn't be.

But that he's basically throwing around the term "legal" indicates to me he has seen the underage allegations and is trying to drag Heidi with him... Even though nothing indicates she knew about the underage individuals from anything any of the victims have said, only that Holly does.

Deleted member 5491

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Took him a week, doesn't adress the sexting and nude pictures to minors and no of his friends ever mentioned him being in this kinda relationship.
Yeah, why would I ever believe him?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
"Oh, this thread was bumped. Anything new come JESUS FUCK."

That was a pathetic excuse of an apology. "I'm the victim! Blame Heidi!"

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"Guys, I'm the victims here! Please believe me on this and let's just completely ignore the other serious allegations such as that I used my fame to solicit my fans for nudes, some of which were underage."

The next bump on this thread better be him getting handcuffed and/or his social media shutting down since he's probably soliciting and manipulating more of his fans during this entire rodeo.

BlueKoopa

Apr 28, 2019
Indiana
What a fucking awful response. It's so strange. Does he honestly think anyone is going to believe him? It's been a WEEK. A solid week of constant information regarding the situation. We have literal pictures of his dick. Goddamn. And he gonna ignore sexually preying on fans and predators? Really? That's just disgusting.

Good on Heidi for clapping his ass!! Fuck him. He has no intention of changing. He clearly doesn't understand. He thinks he's genuinely in the right. Trying to pubicly gaslight your ex-wife is shameful. I don't even know why he said this. Literally anything he does for a good long time will have negative feedback. Doubling down on your bs is only gonna double the negativity, and rightfully so.

Deleted member 1238

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's pretty obvious why Jared isn't going to address allegations about him sexting with minors. He believes there isn't enough solid evidence for anyone to press charges. There's certainly enough circumstantial evidence to destroy his reputation, but probably not enough to get him arrested. He's not going to address it and potentially self incriminate himself.

However it still doesn't explain why he would even bother addressing the cheating allegations. Does he think he's going to put out some magic statement and fix everything? It's over. His name has been dragged through the mud. He's a cheater and a pedophile. None of this would have even come out if he didn't make his first, completely unnecessary statement.

Jared has shown he has no clue how to handle PR. All of this is self inflicted and easily could have been avoided. If he didn't make that dumb initial statement about his divorce he easily could carry on with his life, probably still have a relationship with holly in the background, and never have any of the pedophile stuff brought up. But no. He had to have some overly complicated plan on how to make it look like he and holly naturally came together "after" he and his wife got a divorce. It all blew up in his face in the worst way possible, and he deserves it because he's a fucking idiot.

That's how you kill a brand.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
He's already in deep enough shit, but he should have just shut the fuck up instead of trying to play the victim card.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
"Oh, this thread was bumped. Anything new come JESUS FUCK."

That was a pathetic excuse of an apology. "I'm the victim! Blame Heidi!"

It's not only a pathetic excuse, but Jared could have actually gained a tiny amount of respect back if he just came clean and admitted to everything.

Welp, turns out he's an even bigger scumbag than I though by trying to shift the blame over his ex-wife, along with avoiding the other elephant in the room.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018

This, exactly. I hate cheating. Cheating on your partner makes you a dirtbag in my opinion, but it's not illegal. I don't think that's an act beyond redemption. Sexting/hooking up with/flirting with/whatevering with a minor? That is beyond redemption.

I can't remember if Jared lives in California or Washington, but in Washington the age of consent is 16. If those girls do end up going to authorities with proof, unfortunately those AoC laws could protect him.

clickKunst

Dec 18, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Just reminds me that women put up with a lot of shit. The part that got me was that Jared somehow convinced his ex-wife to run a Tumblr page that encouraged people to post nudes because "lol body positivity"? How embarrassing.

Deleted member 4532

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Soooo, he's trying to make sure people forget about the sending nudes to minors thing, eh? Tryin to sweep it under the rug and hope people cling to "Heidi made me cheat!!1!"

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
This, exactly. I hate cheating. Cheating on your partner makes you a dirtbag in my opinion, but it's not illegal. I don't think that's an act beyond redemption. Sexting/hooking up with/flirting with/whatevering with a minor? That is beyond redemption.

I can't remember if Jared lives in California or Washington, but in Washington the age of consent is 16. If those girls do end up going to authorities with proof, unfortunately those AoC laws could protect him.

He's in Washington, they moved their last year.

That apology was so bad that the apology itself should apologize for being written.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

The Age of Consent law in Washington has several exceptions:
  • When Sexual activity occurs between a foster parent and a foster child. If this type of sexual activity occurs, the age of consent is bumped up to 18. Thus, a foster child would have to be 18 to avoid the foster parent being in violation of the age of consent law.
  • When sexual activity occurs between a teacher (or school administration employee) and a student. In this case, the Supreme Court of the state of Washington has ruled that this law applies regarding students up to the age of 21.
    • Therefore, a teacher who engages in sexual activity with a student under the age of 21 violates this law.
  • When sexual activity occurs between two parties who have a "significant relationship," the older person is at least 60 months older than the younger person, and the older person abuses the relationship to bring about the sexual activity. In a "significant relationship," the older person has/does:
    • Taken the responsibility, as a professional or as a volunteer, for providing education, health, welfare or recreational activities for minors;
    • As part of their job, supervise minors; and/or
    • As part of their job, provide care to the elderly and vulnerable.
The third bullet point could conceivably come back to bite him. As a professional entertainer, he engaged with a young audience and even appeared on Nickelodeon at one point. In short, if the legal argument can be made, Jared's career as an entertainer and his relationship with his younger fans could still get him busted.

But he also allegedly traded pics with a fifteen-year-old, so this could all potentially be a moot argument anyway.

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand
God damn, what a moron. Me that is, for being his fan for years. What an assinine post, does he think anyone going to believe that insanity.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. I'm kind of blown away by that non apology, even after every single one of his friends have dropped him like the sack of shit he is. No remorse whatsoever. Pure sociopathy.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
It's so stupid that he didn't address the fact that he manipulated fans and sexted with underaged girls. I honestly don't give a shit if he cheated with Heidi compared to that. You don't just issue an apology like this and don't address the worst part of the allegations.
He's hoping people forget that part when they read his, uh..."sympathetic apology."

Feb 24, 2018
Damn, I can't even believe his statement... Even ignoring the whole not mentioning the sending dick pics to minors thing... Did he seriously think trying to make Heidi the villain and him the victim shtick was going to work like at all, who is he even fooling at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.