• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DragoonC

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Sweden
I know, you're just delaying and bloviating for no reason at all.
No one forced you to interact at all but yet here we are.
Your perspective may shed a light on what other posters may have missed but you're right, it's much easier to be vague and noncommittal to be seen above it all.
Take it down a few notches.
Victim blaming with a low post count? Checks out.
Victim blaming? Heidi tweeted himself that she knew Jared was soliciting photos from fans for years. That's wrong on so many levels.

He had been showing signs of bad behavior under an extended period of time and turned out to be a manipulator. Now they took it public. Would it have been OK if he didn't cheat on her and only solicited those pictures?

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017

Maybe if you interact in threads with good faith and actually responded to people inquiry you wouldn't be feeling any heat?
Also soliciting pictures from adults isn't something that is particularly wrong as long as everyone understand what the purpose is and agrees with the use of the pictures.
From what we've been told, it was for a body positivity blog Jared had going on tumblr at the time.
Now Heidi may have been far too naive to not see the obvious issue with the whole thing....that she tried to clamp down when things got out of hands...that he kept doing anyway and going so far as to solicit kids as well.
But putting her naivete on the same level as the criminal behavior on display is quite the take.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018

Victim blaming? Heidi tweeted himself that she knew Jared was soliciting photos from fans for years. That's wrong on so many levels.

He had been showing signs of bad behavior under an extended period of time and turned out to be a manipulator. Now they took it public. Would it have been OK if he didn't cheat on her and only solicited those pictures?
What she tweeted was that she was aware of it being a "body-positive space for consenting adults", however Jared took it further than that, then lied to her about ending it in 2017. She then apologized for enabling it. I hardly think any of that makes her a bad person (or not a good person to be around, as you put it).

First tweet in that thread for context:

DragoonC

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Sweden
Maybe if you interact in threads with good faith and actually responded to people inquiry you wouldn't be feeling any heat?
Also soliciting pictures from adults isn't something that is particularly wrong as long as everyone understand what the purpose is and agrees with the use of the pictures.
From what we've been told, it was for a body positivity blog Jared had going on tumblr at the time.
Now Heidi may have been far too naive to not see the obvious issue with the whole thing....that she tried to clamp down when things got out of hands...that he kept doing anyway and going so far as to solicit kids as well.
But putting her naivete on the same level as the criminal behavior on display is quite the take.
I really don't feel the heat my friend. I think you are a bit worked up. I also disagree with your view that it's ok to solicit pictures like that from a position of power. Many of the people who are victims idolize the people and seek approval from them.

Heidi herself tweeted about this two days ago. She apologized for her part of that and said herself that the treatment of fans was the majority of the backlash given to Jared.

Which is before your little tirade, I stated that I thought that neither of the parties involved has been handling this well.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I really don't feel the heat my friend. I think you are a bit worked up. I also disagree with your view that it's ok to solicit pictures like that from a position of power. Many of the people who are victims idolize the people and seek approval from them.

Heidi herself tweeted about this two days ago. She apologized for her part of that and said herself that the treatment of fans was the majority of the backlash given to Jared.

Which is before your little tirade, I stated that I thought that neither of the parties involved has been handling this well.
Don't worry it's more laughter on my side that you are eliciting, work up happens in the morning anyway and it's far too late in the day for that now.
Again, it's not something she did.
It's something she didn't stop.
On top of that from what we know of the relationship between the parties it's actually likely that Jared talked her into letting that shit fly more than anything.
We can blame her for not stopping Jared's creeping behavior but putting that as "both sides" not handling things well is a shit take when one of the parties is asking for nudes of kids and the other isn't.

DragoonC

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Sweden
Don't worry it's more laughter on my side that you are eliciting, work up happens in the morning anyway and it's far too late in the day for that now.
Again, it's not something she did.
It's something she didn't stop.
On top of that from what we know of the relationship between the parties it's actually likely that Jared talked her into letting that shit fly more than anything.
We can blame her for not stopping Jared's creeping behavior but putting that as "both sides" not handling things well is a shit take when one of the parties is asking for nudes of kids and the other isn't.
You can call it whatever you want. But allowing Jareds creeping side to be enabled is why exactly I think that way. It's not ok to be a passive party if you know something like this is occurring.

Sounds like you don't think it's a huge issue that he probably would have kept going and that she wouldn't have had to stop it. Good thing about this whole thing is that his cheating brought attention to how manipulative he really was and his abuse of his fame ended.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
You can call it whatever you want. But allowing Jareds creeping side to be enabled is why exactly I think that way. It's not ok to be a passive party if you know something like this is occurring.

Sounds like you don't think it's a huge issue that he probably would have kept going and that she wouldn't have had to stop it. Good thing about this whole thing is that his cheating brought attention to how manipulative he really was and his abuse of his fame ended.
I don't think it's not a huge issue.
I think it's something that Jared would have done with or without her consent and that it's a bit rich to blame her for something she couldn't have stopped anyway.
Might as well blame equally ALL Americans for Trump including the people who live in blue states who couldn't do anything to not make it happen because they don't live in the correct state.
She recognize her part in this but she can't possibly be to blame for his creepy criminal behavior when she couldn't possibly have guessed he was that depraved. Also being the primary receiver of Jared's manipulative behavior would mean that he would have found a way to get away from it.
Might as well blame the kids that were manipulated by Jared, after all if they blew lid on this open secret more kids wouldn't have been abused by that youtuber.
And if you think that's gonna stop him, you have more faith in abuser reforming themselves magically than I do, he's gonna go at it again if he can get away with it.

DragoonC

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Sweden
I don't think it's not a huge issue.
I think it's something that Jared would have done with or without her consent and that it's a bit rich to blame her for something she couldn't have stopped anyway.
Might as well blame equally ALL Americans for Trump including the people who live in blue states who couldn't do anything to not make it happen because they don't live in the correct state.
She recognize her part in this but she can't possibly be to blame for his creepy criminal behavior when she couldn't possibly have guessed he was that depraved. Also being the primary receiver of Jared's manipulative behavior would mean that he would have found a way to get away from it.
Might as well blame the kids that were manipulated by Jared, after all if they blew lid on this open secret more kids wouldn't have been abused by that youtuber.
And if you think that's gonna stop him, you have more faith in abuser reforming themselves magically than I do, he's gonna go at it again if he can get away with it.
Of course he is going to do it again. He hasn't apologized for anything but rather fled the crime scene. Holly is making herself out to be the defender or the weak and shift the blame which also indicates that they are not sorry.

Your analogy about Trump doesn't work though. Different in a way that a lot of people try to oppose him and take an active part.

Your take is that it's ok to solicit pictures and take a passive part in it. Something she herself apologized for and owned up to it. That's were our views differ. She should have reported it immediately and done her part. He probably would have kept going but that goes for all Weinsteiners.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Of course he is going to do it again. He hasn't apologized for anything but rather fled the crime scene. Holly is making herself out to be the defender or the weak and shift the blame which also indicates that they are not sorry.

Your analogy about Trump doesn't work though. Different in a way that a lot of people try to oppose him and take an active part.

Your take is that it's ok to solicit pictures and take a passive part in it. Something she herself apologized for and owned up to it. That's were our views differ. She should have reported it immediately and done her part. He probably would have kept going but that goes for all Weinsteiners.
Wait where did Heidi solicit pictures from Jared's fan?
Again I never said that anything Jared did is ok.
It will still never be on the same level to not actively try to shut down Jared's behavior than Jared's behavior is.
She tried to shut it down (far too late IMO) but that didn't change anything.
Heidi's consent is irrelevant to Jared's behavior, that's why putting her on the same level doesn't work.
If she accepted, he would do it in the open.
If she didn't, he would still do it anyway without telling her.
What she knew wasn't illegal behavior so it's not like she could have went to the police to make sure this didn't continue.
You're basically blaming Heidi for trusting her husband which is all kinds of fucked up.
I'm not saying she's blameless, I'm saying that her blame can never be on the same level as the creepo youtuber.

ShinJohnpv

Oct 25, 2017
Sucks that some in the industry are lumping Heidi in with Jared and Holly in regards to character. Maybe my reading comprehension is lacking in terms of this tweet, but he seems to imply that Heidi is not a good person.

Yeah RGT85 is a piece of dog shit, he's a clickbait douche bag. Don't watch his crap. And yes it does sound like he's saying Heidi is not a good person.

TheKeipatzy

Oct 30, 2017
California for now

so you go from holier-than-thou that you think everybody involved is a piece of crap to explain to us how we are all wrong and that we've should be blaming Heidi for the same thing?

by-the-by... how much do they pay you for these post, for whatever alt that you happen to be??

Curious, as I heard it's a bit. Or is it just for the E lulz?

Oct 25, 2017

You. Are. Not. The. Victim. You. Piece. Of. Gaslighting. Shit.

Sucks that some in the industry are lumping Heidi in with Jared and Holly in regards to character. Maybe my reading comprehension is lacking in terms of this tweet, but he seems to imply that Heidi is not a good person.

Dude looks like a shithead in that thumbnail

And that joke is fucking terrible

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017

You are reading into it too much. The mention of the three in the tweet is so people search those names can find that tweet. It's marketing, basically. The wording isn't great, however.

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, fleeing to another state won't help him. That shit was federal level crimes.

I won't be surprised if he attempts to flee the country

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX

I'd see this guy's videos suggested on YT, but something always rubbed the wrong way about him. Good to know I was right.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I mean what are Holly and Jared supposed to do? "Yes we gaslit and manipulated minors to engaging in sexual actions with us. Arrest us!" They will deny, deny, deny until the bitter end.

Really at this point they might as well just publicly get together and clap each other's cheeks, they're about the only ones to accept each other.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
This is the most
giphy.gif

I've seen in a while

Alternatively

Sega Europe's social media knows what's up.

"Please, no. No, not like this. No...god damn it."

Nov 1, 2017
I mean what are Holly and Jared supposed to do? "Yes we gaslit and manipulated minors to engaging in sexual actions with us. Arrest us!" They will deny, deny, deny until the bitter end.

Really at this point they might as well just publicly get together and clap each other's cheeks, they're about the only ones to accept each other.

This is where I'm at too. So many people asking why they aren't addressing the issue.
  • You have the right to remain silent and refuse to answer questions.
  • Anything you say may be used against you in a court of law.
And any admission of the act(s) will sink him/them even further. While I would like this ordeal to come to a close, justice served as needed, it would be beyond stupid for either of them to outright acknowledge the allegation(s) as fact.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Maybe we shouldn't link to grifters trying to get attention for their YouTube channel for a completely unrelated subject on Twitter?

Sometimes I hate YouTube being the only platform for video creation. Utter scumbag.
Ok all the time, honestly.

Xmengrey

Banned
Jul 19, 2018
User Banned (permanent): Victim Blaming Over a Series of Posts; Linking to a Site with Bigoted Content; Account in Junior Phase
Last edited by a moderator:

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Mod Edit: Removed Link to Site with Bigoted Content
Really doesn't seem like anyone is really innocent in this I'm kinda just like done with this whole thing just :(
Ah, yes, the ultimate authority we should all listen to: Memology101, with videos such as "SJW's Batwoman", "Marzgurl funds illegal activities with her GoFundMe page" and other objective takes. A source we should all listen to, clearly.

Is source criticism just this thing that doesn't exist to some people?

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Well I could link to twitter or GamerFromMars but so far from what I've seen no one seems exactly innocent. I mean some are more assholes than others but outright innocent not really.
Link straight to Heidi herself being "not exactly innocent" if there are any such instances, not garbage youtubers/twitter manchildren twisting words & offering their garbage take on things.

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
Mod Edit: Removed Link to Site with Bigoted Content
Really doesn't seem like anyone is really innocent in this I'm kinda just like done with this whole thing just :(
I don't see how that video proves she did anything wrong? You don't have free reign to fuck anyone you want just because your in polyamorous relationship. You still need to get consent and all parties have to be ok with it or else its just cheating. Anyone in polyamorous relationship will tell you that so that video is complete bs. Whoever made it doesn't even know the difference betweeen a polyamorous relationship and a polygamous marriage.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well I could link to twitter or GamerFromMars but so far from what I've seen no one seems exactly innocent. I mean some are more assholes than others but outright innocent not really.
Yikes, please don't. I would recommend you stop listening to grifters who's only motive is to make money off of people's personal lives and/or twitter trolls and start listening to the actual victims?

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017

Mod Edit: Removed Link to Victim-Blaming Content

I'll just throw this to anyone who is interested.
I'm not really on anyone's side but this whole thing leave me very disappointed.
Aaaaand we should be mad about those posts from Heidi because...? Even if you could make the argument that "Oh hey, me opening up has had some positive results for myself" is a bit of a poor look (I don't think it is, but you do you), it's hardly on the same level of shittiness as "asking nudes from underage people" & "defending a pedophile"

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
"But guys, being an emotionally abusive child molester = being angry at your husband for being unfaithful. Why couldn't she project no emotion about this like a robot"

Like, do some people really think that the average human would not be screaming, angry, and pissy when they're cheated on, emotionally abused, gaslighted, and socially isolated?

Really?

REALLY?

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
So another bullshit video that doesn't prove Heidi did anything wrong. What exactly is your angle here? Concern trolling? GFTO with that.

Edit: Knew I should've checked the post count.

Status
Not open for further replies.