• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
LOL of course it is, this continues to get worse as time goes on and people just accept it.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Jesus. That's a long time. Wonder how many deals they've made with this kind of exclusivity window.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft's best bet is to probably get whatever AA games Square Enix makes for Switch day one since they were bought out of their AAA games

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Oo0o0o0 that's awhile.

Do we know how long FF16 will be exclusive for?

final_fantasy_16_art_2.png

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft to buy Square Enix.
Microsoft's best bet is to probably get whatever AA games Square Enix makes for Switch day one since they were bought out of their AAA games
So just multiplattform games ? Because these games for the most part are coming to PS4/PS5 as well.
They arent getting Ninteno/SE exclusives like BD2 on day one.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
These timed exclusive periods are getting out of hand. A year is sure, whatever... but now we're going on to two year territory? C'mon.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At least 24 months after release. The PlayStation Advantage -- costing whatever it takes to keep it on their platform by giving them the option to silently extend that date like they did with Destiny DLC

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
At least they're sharing the terms of the deal (I assume), far better than not in my book. The lying by omission thing is more what makes me hate these deals.

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
Well it took two years for FFXV to be complete.

This is a scummy practice and when Microsoft does the same for a big Japanese third-party exclusive the reaction will be very different.

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
A lot longer than the usual 12 months exclusivity window huh.
Sure hope this doesn't set a new bar for the deals in the future for all the companies.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
2 years might as well be forever. The game could absolutely be had for 9.99 new or less on PS5/PC long before the 24 months are up.

Anyone with any interest in playing it will already have done so.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
2 years, ugh... if it was a launch title i could easily wait since i don't plan to buy a ps5 until 1 or 2 years... but here? i dunno, we'll see if it's a must have or not with the impressions

EDIT : wait i'm not sure i understand... is it 24 month only for other consoles or PC included?

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
yea, and PS4/5. I'm kinda thinking of all those japanese games that just skip Xbox. SE much better about that
Yeah, sometimes they are sometimes they arent - Trials of Mana was released on everything but Xbox, new TWEWY game for next summer also skipping Xbox plattforms. Its a bit weird...they might just be waiting for MS to come through with that GamePass money offer.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
2 years might as well be forever. The game could absolutely be had for 9.99 new or less on PS5/PC long before the 24 months are up.

Anyone with any interest in playing it will already have done so.

TBH after a year, nobody will care, if you notice all these timed exclusive ends up on XGP when they come to Xbox. It's a smart way for publishers to double-dip on the game. I wouldn't be shocked if FF7R is on XGP day 1

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, sometimes they are sometimes they arent - Trials of Mana was released on everything but Xbox, new TWEWY game for next summer also skipping Xbox plattforms. Its a bit weird...they might just be waiting for MS to come through with that GamePass money offer.

I think it's less that they're waiting on it and straight up that it's not worth it unless MS puts money in as well.

Oct 25, 2017
At least they're sharing the terms of the deal (I assume), far better than not in my book. The lying by omission thing is more what makes me hate these deals.
Agreed. These companies act like when they announce what would normally be a multi-platform game as an exclusive no one would notice, and when it does eventually gets announced for the other platforms it's like a nice surprise. Instead it's just the most boring possible kind of speculation that just leaves a sour taste in the mouth of everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.