• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Brannon

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Giving me Land of the Lustrous vibes with that movement.

Just add some water in the environments and baby, we got a stew going.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The snippets of gameplay looked great, love the movement the character has. Definitely a game I'll keep my eye on.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
output77e3d054bdd52b13.gif
The movement reminds me a lot of Mistborn. Awesome.

Sep 14, 2018
Beyond that, how miserable are people on this forum that they just have to move from one point to the next tearing it down, trashing it, nitpicking. Oh we don't like the name, oh it's an isekai, oh it's open world, oh the writer is wrong. If you're so absolutely horrible about every little thing, go talk to a therapist. Like damn. It isn't even criticism, it's just unhealthy.
Seeing how common this is here you may be on to something. Some people might benefit from going out and smelling the roses, as it were.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so damn hyped for this from what little we saw. Great main character so far, great looking traversal in a vast open world, and cool ass magic powers to defeat fantasy creatures.

I'm so in. I think I was in as soon as the first reveal for PS5.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Such a hostile post over legit criticism. Maybe learn how to process and deal with other people's opinions.

Complaining about something being an Isekai is like complaining about someone having powers.

Like, sure, I guess you can, but I wouldn't call it a legit criticism by itself. It's a trope and can be executed well or bad.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Yeah, this is an easy purchase. Literally the entire game can be about running around the world with those fancy animations and I'll be good.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Right? That's why I think this may be the mystery game Sanderson said he was involved in last year. Apparently he provided the lore for a game made by a "fairly large developer".
You have a link to this? I don't think its this game just because I feel like they would've announced it but holy shit is that exciting that he wrote for a game if it's true

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
You have a link to this? I don't think its this game just because I feel like they would've announced it but holy shit is that exciting if it's true

I do.

This news comes to us from a live panel in which Sanderson participated. During the panel, Sanderson tells host Travis Gafford that he's currently working on a gaming project with a "fairly large developer". Sanderson isn't doing the bulk of the writing; rather, he's providing lore and allowing the writers to "actually write" the game.
While working on the project, Sanderson says he's also getting to "sit in the meetings" and discover more about the process of making video games. Previously, Sanderson expressed an interest in the storytelling mechanisms of video games. During a San Francisco book signing, he said he "[plays] a lot of games" and "would like to try [his] hand" at game development at some point.

techraptor.net

Brandon Sanderson Working On Game For "Fairly Large Developer"

Author Brandon Sanderson has confirmed he is working on a video game project. Sanderson says he's under a non-disclosure agreement and can't say more about the nature of the project other than the developer is reasonably-sized.

Edit : And Gary Whitta tweeted this:

It could be...

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know what isekai was prior to this thread nor did I know it was a concept that people hated.

All I know is I'm just trying to zip around some trees and throw fireballs.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
With a woman and you know, no harem shit. (but, if frey has 4 guys thirsting for her, I won't complain tbh as a woman who us annoyed at lack of straight women romances in games)
The term doesn't immediately equals shit like shield hero and other such garbage (thank fuck). I'm expecting great things from this one.

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
Why is the writer not Japanese if the game is developed by a Japanese dev team...
Square has a history of developing games with an international team dating back to the late 90s. See FFIX.

Agni's Philosophy was also made with artists/designers from Eidos/Crystal Dynamics and SE Japan, so this goes back for this specific game as far back as at least 2012. But yeah, probably an attempt to make something that appeals to more than just one audience and their sensibilities.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
This trailer really turned my opinion on the game around. Went from not really interested in the first showing to day 1 now.
Looks great.

Acetown

Oct 28, 2017
I think it looks cool so far, the movement looks straight out of a wuxia film.
Hopefully this translates to the actual controls. Final Fantasy XV felt surprisingly rigid once I actually put my hands on it, which was a bit disappointing coming off of the trailers and footage that had been released.

cinch

Chicken Chaser
Feb 17, 2019
as soon as it showed the movement and combat i was like holy shit, looks seriously amazing

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
the trailer and the game made me want to go back to FFXV PC and use the Avatara mod for the campaign - used Ansel to make some 12K photos downscaled to 4K:

RqzCZ53.jpg

WEcoDcU.jpg

NwJH6ND.jpg

Luminous with better graphical effects, more optimization, and higher resolution will definitely help Forspoken.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
The traversal looks cool if a bit unpolished still. Don't mind an "empty" world if traveling it is entertaining & the occasional combat encounters fun.