• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Scanna

Nov 27, 2017
Is there any chance at all that this could turn out being a Viewtiful Joe game? It is a bit weird to not do the character reveal and call it just Project GG if it's a new IP.. I don't even believe it myself, but stranger things have happened.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
My favorite things about these shows is the finishing moves outside of transformations. Hopefully Kamiya has some good ones lol

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It's good to see Kamiya back doing what he wants, after what happened to Scalebound.
Hopefully it won't be 2 years of silence after this teaser, like Bayonetta 3.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhat interested if you fight kaijus, but the prior games in the "trilogy" were... not my cup of tea, to say the least. Curious to hear more about it either way.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
After watching SSSS.Gridman last year (was it last year?) and loving the shit out of it I am happy to see a game somewhat similiar to that being made.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any chance at all that this could turn out being a Viewtiful Joe game? It is a bit weird to not do the character reveal and call it just Project GG if it's a new IP.. I don't even believe it myself, but stranger things have happened.

It's been said that Platinum 100% owns this, so not really. Also makes more sense to be its own thing if it's already part of a thematic trilogy with VJ and TW101. They're not revealing everything right off the gate because it's very early in development.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, it's the Guyver!

aEqGKsA.gif

waugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Feb 21, 2020
Hope this isn't as far off as people think. I'd be a bit miffed if Platinum decided to take a page our of Square Enix's book of announcing a game way too early

Scanna

Nov 27, 2017
It's been said that Platinum 100% owns this, so not really. Also makes more sense to be its own thing if it's already part of a thematic trilogy with VJ and TW101. They're not revealing everything right off the gate because it's very early in development.
Thanks anyways, someone had to say these things to me, put me in check. ^^

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how much of a budget this has?
I suspect it's on the modest side of things; Platinum have two more games they're working on and TW101 from the sound of things was a spectacular moneysink. If this is more of a "risk" project then I assume this'll be more Viewtiful Joe scale.

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This looks instantly appealing in a way that TW101 never did. Pleasantly surprised it's not using that gross chibi artstyle.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
Can't remember last time we had a good Ultraman game. Maybe the Great Battle series but that's not really an Ultraman game.

GG Kamiya.

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
May 2018, IGN Interview with Kamiya and Inaba
PlatinumGames director Hideki Kamiya - notable for classics like Resident Evil, Devil May Cry and Bayonetta - has proposed an indie-style game which is currently being considered for production.
"It's not a huge project, but about as Kamiya as you can imagine. We are trying to make this product a reality, so if any sponsors are listening, feel free to comment!" Inaba joked.
At PlatinumGames, any employee is welcome to propose a game, but among over 50 proposals, it was Kamiya's idea that caught Inaba's attention.
"My proposal was just too cool!" Kamiya said with a grin, which made Inaba laugh, but he did not deny it.
"Actually, what surprised me the most..." Kamiya went on. "I proposed the idea in two different ways; one being exactly how I would want it to be, and another version that had some adjustments to make it more commercially viable. Inaba chose the original idea without the adjustments."
"He's not the kind of guy that sacrifices creativity for accessibility. I wanted him to make something purely Kamiya, without even the slightest compromise. And that is exactly what his original idea was." Inaba told IGN Japan.
Inaba also mentioned that due to the success of Nier: Automata, Kamiya is in danger of being overshadowed by other creators at PlatinumGames, such as the young talent Takahisa Taura.
"I have to find a way to crush that dude!" Kamiya said. "Of course, I also need to somehow hinder Nier: Automata's director, Taro Yoko. Whether a sequel will be made or not is entirely up to Square Enix and Yoko, but in the scenario they ask us to work together again, we'd be happy to do that. That makes it more easy for me to get in the way of Yoko, you know. I already have plans to hide his mouse."

www.ign.com

Hideki Kamiya Teases New Game Beyond Bayonetta 3 - IGN

PlatinumGames' most storied director and producer discuss their proposed next game.

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad he's getting to work on his passion project. I hope it does well. The artstyle from the teaser looks very Omega-Force esque and didn't stand out at all.