• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
WHOA

Normally Platinum's games don't appeal to me AT ALL, but this looks excellent. Definitely gonna follow this one.

Robo

Oct 27, 2017
Great trailer, I know the dog was going to be fine in the end but I was still on the edge of my seat the entire way until the Hero shows up :P

I wish PG luck with the self publishing venture and can't wait to finally play this game when it eventually launches or even when we next we learn more about it!

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I feel like people expecting a pure action game will come away disappointed based on Kamiya's description. Maybe it will have lots of strategy elements plus action or something like that.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what to think. The moment the hero finished transforming, I thought of Ultraman, but then it ends with "A GO-GO" and I'm think Viewtiful Joe! What is this "superhero trilogy"? Viewtiful Joe, Wonderful 101, and now this?

Deleted member 34714

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Ultraman is cool and all but if it's giant guy fighting kaijus 1 on 1, not excited for that. Still, it's incredibly early in so who knows.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Platinum is extreme hit or extreme miss based on who is director/lead game designer. Kamiya has a perfect track record as a director.
I wouldn't say perfect. I feel that his games are often bloated with too much content (optional or not) that hurts the pacing. I agree that his gameplay ideas and execution are quite good, but he doesn't seem to know when to stop adding more and more.

TW101 is filled with small, unpolished sections that play different (and worse) compared to the main game, Ôkami repeats the same ideas over and over and makes exploring new areas a chore, Bayonetta has all the bad platforming, QTEs and the bike/rocket sections.

I have always felt that some "editing" is needed in his games to reach the level of some other legendary developers.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Ultraman is cool and all but if it's giant guy fighting kaijus 1 on 1, not excited for that. Still, it's incredibly early in so who knows.

Actually now you've got me imagining a game made up entirely of boss fights with Kamiya's flare for changing up the gameplay unexpectedly and I'm even more excited for what this could turn into.

Nov 1, 2017
I can't wait to see what this actually is, one of the few teaser trailers to actually get me hyped.

Kamiya and Inaba have been behind my favorite games im so glad theyre making new stuff!

Deleted member 13560

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man this sings to my soul. I love henshin heroes. Karas, Ultraman, Tekkaman, Guyver. I'm ready to buy this without even looking at gameplay.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest the parts in these type of shows where they become giants /kaiju aren't my favourite because those bits usually have way worse fight choreography than the human sized parts, usually it's all about the spectacle of giant explosions/crashing through buildings and such. Might work better in game form though.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
To be honest the parts in these type of shows where they become giants /kaiju aren't my favourite because those bits usually have way worse fight choreography than the human sized parts, usually it's all about the spectacle of gant explosions/crashing through buildings and such. Might work better in game form though.
Ultraman almost exclusively has giant sized fights and they are far, far better than the slogs sentai/power rangers have.

I feel like people expecting a pure action game will come away disappointed based on Kamiya's description. Maybe it will have lots of strategy elements plus action or something like that.
My take from earlier today:
Astral Chain had the story focus and exploration/investigation stuff that set it apart from the usual Platinum action fare, so makes sense they are trying to do more in that direction to grow their audience. Not only that, but Ultraman traditionally has a non super-powered crew supporting the hero (usually but not always some sort of scientific/military defense force that fights with jets, investigates weaknesses, does groundwork, etc), so that might be a clue.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
To be honest the parts in these type of shows where they become giants /kaiju aren't my favourite because those bits usually have way worse fight choreography than the human sized parts, usually it's all about the spectacle of gant explosions/crashing through buildings and such. Might work better in game form though.

To me, I think the potential is just seeing how Kamiya and the game's combat director's crazy imaginations will work together to do something that will both honor the media they're citing, but will still offer their own twists on such.

I would not be at all surprised if they cite things from various other giant hero/mecha media.

My take from earlier today:

Even so, again, I wouldn't be surprised if Kamiya and co. look beyond just Ultraman, though it looks very apparent he's one of the biggest inspirations, here.

If there are going to be sections where you may be playing as a small fry before you get to the big time, then I hope they're looking at the likes of Giant Robo's Magnificent Ten as an idea of how you can still make the ground units opposing or supporting the hero still something to respect.

Hell, for that matter, anything that hearkens back to the wuxia antics of Giant Robo: The Day The Earth Stood Still would make me immensely pleased.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Kamiya doin an unfiltered 100% directed produced and published in house title and it's an Ultraman inspired hero title with giant fighting in the city?

As of right now this is the only title I am excited for outside of indies announced this year. Bring it on!

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Y'all lucky I'm at work and I can't post SSSS Gridman clips. That's what I'm hoping/expecting for this game's combat.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Actually now you've got me imagining a game made up entirely of boss fights with Kamiya's flare for changing up the gameplay unexpectedly and I'm even more excited for what this could turn into.

Shadow of the Kaiju: UltraSSSSuperHumanSamurai Shobe Protector

I do wonder whether it's going to look like one of those Armored Core games in terms of environmental detail.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe GG stands for a GO-GO lmao. Henshin a go go!

Happy to see it's not about chibi dude with a head as big as his torso.

Seeing the teaser reminds me of the one and only ultraman anime I watched as a kid

aisenborg.jpg

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me a lot of Ultraman. I guess it'll be a character action game with 1-on-1 kaiju fights? I'm pretty sold on that premise.

Print_Dog

Oct 27, 2017
If I cant get more Viewtiful Joe, I'll gladly take this. Henshin a go go, Era! Probably wont see this game for a couple years, tho.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
What is this stuff about a superhero trilogy? When was it commonly accepted that there was a common thread that was the "superhero series"?

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
I just realized that you are going to have a rival that is just an evil Ultraman and its going to be awesome and hype and shit.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
What is this stuff about a superhero trilogy? When was it commonly accepted that there was a common thread that was the "superhero series"?
i think it's just a new thing they're doing
Kamiya did VJ, a game influenced by Kamen Rider
he did W101, influenced by Super Sentai
and now he's doing G.G., completing the trifecta of Tokusatsu by being influenced by Ultraman

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Im also getting vibes of the recent incarnation of the mecha-like armored out Ultraman.

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't expecting the realistic art. Looks cool though.

I wonder if you'll play stages as regular size guy fighting mooks and goons then henshin for boss fights at the end?