• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I found this while searching Google for Rockstar Games new IP, because of the new thread about a possible new game from them. Last year we heard about a possible new IP from Rockstar, Project Medieval. This article shines some light on it all. It IS a article from last November though but I don't think we discussed it.

Rockstar's next game might not be Grand Theft Auto 6 or Bully 2, but a nifty-sounding romp similar to Kingdom Come: Deliverance. At least that's what new rumors would lead you to believe. The rumors circle around the now-edited LinkedIn page of Pawel Saxenas, a character artist for Rockstar Games' India branch, who lists a new IP on the page. The original non-edited page mentioned "medieval architectural style," but this was later removed.

But there's more to the story than meets the eye. The IP didn't start development at Rockstar India, but at Dhruva Interactive, which was then a subsidiary of the now-failing Starbreeze Studios.

Saxenas started at Dhruva on November 2016, which is around the time Starbreeze acquired a 90% majority share in Dhruva and subsumed the company. Saxenas said he worked on the new IP up until June 2018, indicating the project has been in dev for some time. Following Starbreeze's financial woes, Rockstar bought majority shares of Dhruva from Starbreeze for $7.9 million in May 2019, almost a full year after Saxenas stopped working on the new IP. Dhruva was then absorbed into Rockstar India.

Given the timing, it's much more likely the new medieval IP was being developed for Starbreeze Studios, and not Rockstar Games India. Remember that Starbreeze had an eclectic mix of investments, from new games like Overkill's The Walking Dead to the now-defunct StarVR virtual reality headset. A Kingdom Come: Deliverance-type medieval IP could've been a part of that lineup.

Full article here

OP
OP
Detective Pidgey

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
So I guess the chances of their next game being GTA 6 are huge, since Bully 2 was sadly said/rumored to be canceled. What a shame.

rare

Oct 25, 2017
Medieval was in development at rockstar last I had heard.
Game has been in development hell for the last 8-9 years, don't think it'll ever come out sadly.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Bleh. I would have been 1000% on board with a medieval game with the same level of love and care put into it that RDR2 got. I have zero interest in yet another Grand Theft Auto.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Which leak would that be? I may have missed it.
9PvHCdQ.png

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
Those GTA 6 rumors have me very excited. I'm not even a fan of GTA but the locales are legitimately my favorite you can have in a game. Boston and Miami are my favorite cities in the US.

OP
OP
Detective Pidgey

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
It's too specific to not be legit in some way, and the things the leak does mention aren't too wild and would make a lot of sense giving what they are claiming.

Yep, that's very true. I just read it. When was this posted on Reddit? Last year? Because it sounds like it's still very far off.

Multiple protagonists again, Hmmm, after RDR2 kinda hoped it would be one again.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
That does sound quite nice. I always wanted a GTA in Carcer City.

Makes me wonder, will the missions actually be fun now? Hopeully along with good movement and gunplay.

OP
OP
Detective Pidgey

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
That does sound quite nice. I always wanted a GTA in Carcer City.

Makes me wonder, will the missions actually be fun now? Hopeully along with good movement and gunplay.

Gunplay was still GTA Vish for him he said, but that will change for sure. Of what little of RDR2 I've played, it was fine.

What I truly hope is that the fantastic physics return in GTA 6. Man I've missed that in V.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
Gunplay was still GTA Vish for him he said, but that will change for sure. Of what little of RDR2 I've played, it was fine.

What I truly hope is that the fantastic physics return in GTA 6. Man I've missed that in V.
Yeah. The reason I ask is cause they talk about it being immersive. Hopefully it is MP3 quality or better.

And yeah, physics should return for sure.

OP
OP
Detective Pidgey

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Was this a 2019 post?

Also odd, a lack of actual brand new features. But I'm sure they'll have something. GTAV had multiple protagonists as brand new feature, 6 will have something.

Last edited:

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Was this a 2019 post?

Also odd, a lack of actual brand new features. But I'm sure they'll have something. GTAV had multiple protagonists as brand new feature, 6 will have something.
Then again it did sound extremely unfinished in that post. Since it had mentioned a lot of the stuff wasn't finished.

Also am I weirdly getting shadow quoted for literally every post in this thread?

OP
OP
Detective Pidgey

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Then again it did sound extremely unfinished in that post. Since it had mentioned a lot of the stuff wasn't finished.

Also am I weirdly getting shadow quoted for literally every post in this thread?

Shadow quoted?

Anyway, do you know how old that Reddit post is? I can't believe I missed it, crazy even.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
San Andreas was a single state with 3 cities though.

Idk I liked the rumor that said it would take place in both Vice City and Colombia more.
My guess would be the 2 Cities would be really big and faithful, similar to GTA5's Los Santos, with towns (like RDR2 had, though just 1 City I'd consider big there, but the other was understandably small given it's from RDR1 and was pretty tiny in comparison) and the highway separating them, in place of multiple smaller cities.

I'd have preferred them to go that route too though, if anything just for the outside the US main location, but I doubt they'll ever have a non USA city as a major city again (even if iit was likely a side city to Vice).

CannedSoup

Oct 30, 2017
If that GTA6 info is real, that's a little disappointing. I'm kind of tired of the modern setting, but I understand why they keep returning to it.

Unless all those vehicles are just placeholders

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Sounds super specific and it's honestly gotten me a bit hyped, especially that bit about the volumetric clouds. Even if it turns out to be fake (it probably is), that's the kind of things that Rockstar would be wanting to push for the next generation.

God, I can't even imagine the scope GTA 6 is gonna go for. I'm so excited.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Sounds super specific and it's honestly gotten me a bit hyped, especially that bit about the volumetric clouds. Even if it turns out to be fake (it probably is), that's the kind of things that Rockstar would be wanting to push for the next generation.

God, I can't even imagine the scope GTA 6 is gonna go for. I'm so excited.
I mean a lot of that cloud tech is in RDR2.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense. Rockstar is still technically a publishing house as well and they probably wouldn't have bought a majority stake in this studio just for the staff. They saw something they liked, too.

Deleted member 10908

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How're gonna cover land from Florida to Massachusetts and only have 2 cities?
It says there are going to be a couple of cities in between.

At first I dismissed the leak as it sounded just made up. After giving it some more thought certain details sound very legitimate and in line with something rockstar would do, like naming the florida keys simply "the chain"

OP
OP
Detective Pidgey

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I'm expecting a GTA 6 trailer at E3.

Then it begins lol.

Don't think it'll be at E3, that hasn't been their way for years now, but just out of the blue they'll update their site with art or a logo or something. Like they did with RDR2 :)

They'll maybe announce it for spring 2021 and it will get its inevitable delay to fall 2021.

BigWeather

Nov 4, 2017
Still holding out hope of them visiting the past someday, my faves:
1. 2005 New Orleans before, during, and after Katrina
2. 1970s NYC (54, blackout, Son of Sam)
3. 1970s San Francisco

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
That's a shame, I was really really really hoping it was real. As much as I love GTA and Red Dead I'm getting a little tired of all their games focusing so much on shooting. Hope they diversify their big AAA Open World games as there's clearly a lot of interest in their formula used for the last couple of games and it could stand to be applied to different settings.

Here's hoping the next GTA or whatever they do is a bit more diverse from their past offerings, but I wouldn't count on it.