• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
From their Facebook Page

1rQAg04.png
hIqCFHN.png

That post is now deleted from their Facebook

Last edited:

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
$80 down the drain. I still laugh whenever I get a project update from them.

This fuckery ain't even worth it.

Ometeotl

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Getting those quoted images to work on mobile is a crapshoot, but that seems like a shitty situation.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Getting those quoted images to work on mobile is a crapshoot
Yeah, what's up with that? I can't expand any quoted image on mobile.

I'm not even sure why the OP would quote images that haven't been used in the thread before. The forum software will automatically shrink them if they're too big.

Argot

Oct 29, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised, and an absolute disgrace if so, but this is giving me flashbacks to the No Man's Sky twitter/email hack so I'd give it a day or so to see how things shake out.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Confused this with Unsung Story. Were they supposedly still working on it? Scummy as heck.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The KS was always shady as fuck. I'm surprised they managed to scam so many suckers.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Japan
The decision between Tiny Metal and Wargroove just got a hell of a lot easier. I was already planning on waiting for Wargroove, as it looked much more polished and like it had a lot of real love for the project in the development team, while this one always looked somewhat quick and dirty by comparison. But yeah, this kills any chance of me picking up both.

Gabora

Oct 25, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil
As a backer I pretty much resigned myself, a long time ago, to have burned $100 on nothing. I just wish I would stop getting updates on this fucking nonsense, just come out and say the game isn't ever coming out or admit to scamming people, at this point no one is going to care either way.

OP
OP
Aurizen

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
If someone can contact Kotaku and other game journalists that would be great. We need to get this word out there. We spend money on this. Supported this way back in 2012 and those same developers made another game after that. Highly disappointed with Hiroaki Yura.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not too surprised that the CIA is still fucking people over in 2017. Sad for those whose put money into this.

Gabora

Oct 25, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil
If someone can contact Kotaku and other game journalists that would be great. We need to get this word out there. We spend money on this. Supported this way back in 2012 and those same developers made another game after that. Highly disappointed with Hiroaki Yura.

I'm pretty sure this, and unsung story, are consistently listed in "kickstarted that ran with your money/scammed you" videos/lists

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Dang I was looking forward to Tiny Metal.

Did not back this project or ever know what it was but sounds like it's run by a right up scumbag.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
As crummy as Inafking was with his projects, he was at least up front in being crummy.

Mooksoup

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
hah this was the only game i ever backed. They got me right in the nostalgia weak spot.

This post is believable to me. Understood this project was never going to happen long ago, just wish they would stop dragging the facade on...

visvim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
well, damn. Aint that some shit.

Wasn't the composer from the FF series involved with this at some point? their con must have been pretty far reaching to fool even veterans.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Disappointing and despicable. Hopefully something comes out of this.

I'm glad that I was poor enough back then to only donate 1 dollar to them.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Wow, I'm shocked. This came out of nowhere! If only there were red flags from the very start of the Kickstarter launch!! Who could have seen this coming??!!!!

Lmao.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
I've backed my last kickstarter. This shit needs to go away.

Here's the rub: that this was by an upstart company and didn't seem to have any real staff of their own was a red flag for me right away. I wish it had been for others; regardless, I've had some losses on KS and some greatly delayed items that I still expect to exist at some point. It is hugely disappointing to me that people feel like this over a whiff when things like Rap Rabbit and The Good Life fail (or how Indivisible needed like 8 Hail Marys) despite being much more reputable situations and projects of realistically manageable scope. Crowdfunding is still a net good for the video game industry and something I want to see other fans support into the future, so it really upsets me when I see posts like this or hear people talk like this. And yet I can't blame you - being out a significant amount of money is a super rough situation.

Also really bummed because I wanted to buy Tiny Metal but I definitely won't now.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised, and an absolute disgrace if so, but this is giving me flashbacks to the No Man's Sky twitter/email hack so I'd give it a day or so to see how things shake out.

Same. Comes across a bit like something an angry backer would write to throw them under the bus, but we'll see I guess.

ChasePettit

Oct 27, 2017
Tiny Metal looked pretty good, but it's hard to support it if the content of this post is true. Considering that I don't think Project Phoenix has ever shown anything aside from concept art though, it's not all that hard to believe that this allegation may be true.

Extremely sucks that there are people out there like this, and it definitely does damage the entire industry. Jason Schreier already wrote about Project Phoenix damaging the industry once this year and I guess he's going to end up doing it again if this story checks out.

Fou-Lu

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason I had this mixed up with Edge of Eternity when I read the title. That would be much worse.

BrentoLand

Oct 29, 2017
Kansas
Damn this fucking sucks for anyone excited for that game. Also if I remember right CIA was also partially behind Under the Dog and once they pulled out the project went to shit

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Always knew it sounded too good to be true.

Can't fool me.

TinyMetal looks real good so its a shame to see it in this scenario

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Damn this fucking sucks for anyone excited for that game. Also if I remember right CIA was also partially behind Under the Dog and once they pulled out the project went to shit
No it's the opposite. They were behind it and totally mismanaged shit, only when they pulled out were the Japanese companies involved able to get shit together and release it.

BrentoLand

Oct 29, 2017
Kansas
No it's the opposite. They were behind it and totally mismanaged shit, only when they pulled out were the Japanese companies involved able to get shit together and release it.

Well, they mostly got their shit together. Everything was delayed several months and the figure was cancelled a few month ago. At least they were able to even get it out at all

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
I've backed my last kickstarter. This shit needs to go away.
There have been a lot of "big budget", successful big Kickstarters like Pillars of Eternity, both Divinity Original Sin games, the Shadowrun series, Wasteland 2 and others, we just have to be more careful to what we back.