• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Definitely going to be a wait and see. Off the bat doesn't look like my cup of tea but willing to wait for review season to make judgement

Oct 27, 2017

Got to admit, it actually doesn't look bad. Then again, it looks pretty much exactly like Resident Evil 2, which isn't a bad thing. I'm at least hoping there's a story mode and it's not just PvE.

Also shout-out to Capcom to making spinoffs that make quick reuse of assets, not many folks doing that these days.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
If I ever try this (I won't), I'm going to shout this every. single. time the lights are turned off:

giphy.gif

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
lol that idiot was looking right at that trap as he stepped into it

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Doesn't look very good. I'll pick it up to complete the collection, but this is a letdown for me. :(

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like the idea of being the omnipotent "director" behind the scenes for 1 player.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
Looks kind of cheap and unpolished. Hopefully this isn't full price.

Mobile game like UI. Bad animations.

Seems it tries to imitate games like Dead by Daylight which are popular on streaming platforms..

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Looks pretty much what I expected.

Jarring to have RE2's ultra-realistic zombies and then have crude status effects and numbers overlaid on them.

Also, Twitter's video player is the worst of all worlds.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
The footage didn't really do anything for me, but sure, I'll try it out.

Been waiting for a 4 vs 1 game with a decent budget. It does look kinda clunky and uninspired at first glance though.

Kalmakov

user requested ban
Banned
Sep 10, 2019
Honestly, footage looks really early. The UI is bland as hell and environments look very samey. I'm going to try out the beta still, not going to get my hopes up.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Guess I'll give the beta an whirl if I manage to get in.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
It would be really cool if they were to had new monsters and new characters down the line. Really want to try out. It does seems like it will have local coop!

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not invested in the RE universe at all. Haven't played one in forever. But I like what I saw, despite not being able to fully comprehend the trailer. I got some of the bullet points, but not all. Still, it's seems like a L4D Lite mixed with Dead By Daylight almost, except the fifth player is the unknown director from L4D. I do love me some 4v1 games, so I'm down to sign up for the beta. Got a link OP?

Edit - sign up on their official site starting 9/12 - Official Site

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
Multiplayer looks objective base. I'll probably get it as Capcom has won me over as of late with re7 and re2 remake.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I really like the concept but that footage looked kind of rough. Hopefully they've got time to polish it up before the full release.

BoosterDuck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish Capcpom had copied more from L4D than Dead by Daylight

I'll wait and see how the game pans out after release

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Locking doors on players to split them up is an underused online mechanic and I can see that being pretty fun and terrifying.

Otherwise I really struggle to imagine remake 2's gameplay translating into multiplayer and it looks very janky in the footage.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
This looks like it should be a DLC for RE2. Everything seems to be assets from that game. Which also has a good side as I do think RE2 mechanics can support a much more action oriented gameplay, as shown in those small DLCs, or The 4th Survivor. Can't say I have any interest though.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Uh, wow... I was waiting until the reveal, but now that it's out there, I'm disappointed. This looks poor. Recycled Resident Evil 2 assets everywhere, jank, ugly HUD, generic playable characters, etc. Not excited anymore. This after we never got any substantial, paid DLC for RE2 as well.