• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Ehhhh looks exactly like the kinda game I feared it was gonna be. Lots of RE2 Re-use too something about the gameplay and ui doesn't look polished.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Certainly looks better than I thought it would. Still not entirely on board, but we'll see.

Still, I'm confused that after the critical and sales success of RE7 and RE2R, and the critical and (assumed) sales failures of ORC and Umbrella Corps, that Capcom would say, yeah, another multiplayer RE game is what we need to do.

But then, they've put zombie-filled cruise ships into four RE games now, so maybe they just like to slam their heads against the wall until they get it right. :P

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
If what I know pans out, everyone will win when this title comes out.
My money is on "it's the MP component of R3make (or another RE game)". It seems very soon for R3make though, so I kinda doubt it

I'm interested, but I sure as hell would not pay $60 for this if it's a standalone product. Hopefully it's either sub full price or a part of another game.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Seems like it's a Multiplayer mode the devs wanted to attach into RE2 Remake, but scratched that due to potential negative fan reception and moved into a stand alone title.

A whole multiplayer game centred on just 4 v 1 is bland as fuck.

This should have been a PVE mode set in open world Racoon City.

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Said it in the other thread, didn't see this one initially. But I'm not invested in the RE universe at all, haven't played one in forever. Still, this gameplay looks pretty cool, I love 4v1 games. Im going to be keeping my eye on this

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
That UI absolutely CANNOT be final. Oh god is it bad...

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Some of the info screens.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
My money is on "it's the MP component of R3make (or another RE game)". It seems very soon for R3make though, so I kinda doubt it

I'm interested, but I sure as hell would not pay $60 for this if it's a standalone product. Hopefully it's either sub full price or a part of another game.

You're on the money.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to give the beta an honest shot (assuming I get in), but this looks like a very generic 2012 type game so far. It's not something I'd expect from 2019 Capcom. RE2 is my GOTY, too.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
The site has been refreshed. Registration is live but you have to sign up to be a Resident Evil Ambassador first. It was a pretty painless sign up process.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
It was for me in English. Try refreshing the webpage. Before only Japanese and English language options were available. It should have a whole group of options now which lead to the refreshed site.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
You're on the money.
Yeah, I think we've read the same info. Either R3make is coming much sooner than I expected or this beta is insanely early, when I read that info I certainly didn't expect this to get a beta within like, 5 weeks of announcement.

Closed Beta signups are live (for PS4). PS4 and XB1 only, no Steam. PS4 users sign up on the site, while XB1 users get access to the beta by being part of the Insider program.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If playing this feels like RE2, I'm in. I also hope there is some sort of narrative.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, hard pass! Just looked rough all around honestly. And they couldn't give my man a different name beyond Tyrone. C'mon! Anyway, I hope we get an Outbreak in the future

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
So, this looks like it is very literally Zombie Master, but in RE Engine.

...Anyone else in the mood to play Zombie Master now?

Based0ne

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Looks like everyone is trying to sign in, but managed to submit my app for the closed beta. I hope I get chosen.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I wrote in the box that I actually liked Umbrella Corps (partially true), hopefully that's enough brownnosing to let me in
Yeah, I can't believe RE3 have anything to do with this. Exact same gameplay, copy and paste animation straight from RE2. Even the graphic looks the same.
I'm no insider, but I think you're gonna be disappointed when R3make gets revealed. None of what you listed is broken, why fix it? R3make is probably gonna look a lot like REmake 2.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Glad theyre doing a beta.

I'm sure in the beginning there will be some balance issues. Not sure in who's favor, the survivors or the mastermind.