• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Looks utterly awful. Like i'm getting MGS Survive vibes from this (Reusing a huge amount of assets from a popular game, turning int into a new genre)

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
guys, they are going to pull a P.T. At the end of the beta, they will roll a trailer for the full game, revealing that it's RE3, and this multiplayer stuff is just the multiplayer component of the full game.

Calling it now.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
The 5 minute timer thing is odd unless there's consecutive scenarios. I think it doesn't bode too well for stage or objective design.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
guys, they are going to pull a P.T. At the end of the beta, they will roll a trailer for the full game, revealing that it's RE3, and this multiplayer stuff is just the multiplayer component of the full game.

Calling it now.
Ha, you could be right. That Hirabayashi quote does talk about expand an existing project horizontally so this could be part of RE3 Remake.

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
Here:

For PS4:
Requires "Capcom Ambassador" account, which requires linking to a "Social Media" account (Twitter, Facebook, etc).

Fox Xbox:
Requires "Xbox Insider Hub" app installed on the consoles.

Word of caution, if you try to link Twitter, this is the privacy warning:

This application will be able to:

• See Tweets from your timeline (including protected Tweets) as well as your Lists and collections.
  • See your Twitter profile information and account settings.
  • See accounts you follow, mute, and block.
  • Follow and unfollow accounts for you.
  • Update your profile and account settings.
  • Post and delete Tweets for you, and engage with Tweets posted by others (Like, un-Like, or reply to a Tweet, Retweet, etc.) for you.
  • Create, manage, and delete Lists and collections for you.
  • Mute, block, and report accounts for you.
Yeah, how about no?

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY

Calling it now.
If Jill was playable, I would agree. Or even if Nemesis was the big baddie.

PS. Capcom has the shittiest way to sign up for a beta. My god what is that trash? I need Ambassador to sign up but wait I need a social media account as well!! 😑

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If Jill was playable, I would agree. Or even if Nemesis was the big baddie.
If either Jill or Nemesis were in this beta, Capcom couldn't pull a P.T., because the essential element of surprise would be lost. It's precisely because there is a lack of RE3 elements in this beta that pulling a P.T. is possible.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Word of caution, if you try to link Twitter, this is the privacy warning:

This application will be able to:

• See Tweets from your timeline (including protected Tweets) as well as your Lists and collections.
  • See your Twitter profile information and account settings.
  • See accounts you follow, mute, and block.
  • Follow and unfollow accounts for you.
  • Update your profile and account settings.
  • Post and delete Tweets for you, and engage with Tweets posted by others (Like, un-Like, or reply to a Tweet, Retweet, etc.) for you.
  • Create, manage, and delete Lists and collections for you.
  • Mute, block, and report accounts for you.
Yeah, how about no?
Sign up for a Capcom Account and use that instead. I don't recall the Capcom Account being invasive.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
I imagine the idea is to add more Survivors and Masterminds later-on and the "Secret Facility" being able to look like whatever as it'll be random layouts
Man, I don't know if that's hard info but I would hope it's not random layouts. A good stage design would lead to better scenarios and player planning on both sides.

I'm down to see where this goes, though.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow. This looks ass. Like, I struggle to find anything about it that looks appealing. Having healer and hacker classes are cool I guess?

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
I don't think this has anything to do with R3make but more so an idea cut from REmake 2.

Looks like it could be fun so I'm in! Who gives a shit if it reuses stuff from RE2? RE2 reused stuff from RE7.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
Keeping my eye on this. I am definitely interested in playing this on my X1X, assuming I get in through the Insider Hub. I wish there were more horror-esque multi-player games.

Dunban_Fyuria

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm there's a few things I like and dislike from what I saw in the trailer. I already like seeing different objectives, keys/puzzles, and having to work together but the timer is a bit worrisome. There seems to be ways to increase (and decrease) it but I'm hoping that individual areas won't feel too short or underdeveloped to accommodate for the short timer. I still get small outbreak vibes but that just might be from seeing 4 players working together in an RE setting lol.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
So Valerie's roommate is Yoko from Outbreak
Alyssa is the one who sent January to get information.
Whoa cool lore snippets, sure wish I got to play those characters instead. In a different game. What's next, Samuel delivered pizzas to RPD? Tyrone plays tennis with Chris on the weekends?

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
From the capcom boot at TGS
EEOecdyU0AA81jz
Am I missing something? He looks exactly like Rocky era Dolph Lundgren!

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
RE2 controls so fucking good so I'm in like flint.

I'm not expecting a masterpiece like RE2 but I am expecting the core gameplay to be good.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
tHe tRaiLeR wAs iN-gAmE gRaPhICs

oLEBeVM.jpg

You need to chill a bit, dude.

The RE Engine has basically never used CGI, it's all either in-engine "pre-rendered" footage or "real-time". It's clear by now that the trailer itself was pre-rendered, but that's not the same as what you're claiming at all.

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
Zero fucking hype for this one, what a goddamn letdown.

They should have been focusing resources on making a sequel to the 3DS Mercenaries game instead, fuck.

RumorLord

Oct 25, 2017
Minnesota
You need to chill a bit, dude.

The RE Engine has basically never used CGI, it's all either in-engine "pre-rendered" footage or "real-time". It's clear by now that the trailer itself was pre-rendered, but that's not the same as what you're claiming at all.

omg, you are so delusional. That is NOT Re Engine, not even pre-rendered in engine.
But hey, believe what you want, LOL.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Looks great! Not understanding the hate but no matter what Capcom does there's always going to be people let down by whatever they do with RE.

Oct 31, 2017
Forgive me for regurgitating information I posted on another thread, but that one seems dead.

Ahem.

source.gif

The Capcom community manager that said the teaser trailer is "not CGI" deleted her tweet

And it looks like I was right

My e-peen just grew immensely

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Someone on Reddit spotted this: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/179835-resident-evil-2/77570255

It's only been about a month and a half, but it seems Capcom is working on something designed to appeal to those that loved Outbreak.

Sadly, I can't say where I got this information from, it may as well just be a rumor, but according to my source, there is an early alpha build being play tested now. I'll just share what I know, even if it's in fragments, and you all can do what you like with the information.

Title: Resident Evil: Outbreakers - Sounds kind of lazy, but seems to be the working title.

- Will feature a single player and multiplayer mode, more on the multiplayer section near the bottom

- Contains at least one female player character, possibly more, like previous Outbreaks

- Scavenging, possibly randomly generated loot in an open concept map, that focuses on inventory management (surprise) with a small backpack

- Map is open concept, most likely not fully open world, and is a decent chunk of Raccoon City. Alpha build contained sewers, subways, etc.

- Gameplay features puzzles, such as acquiring keys, gems, etc., as well as objectives, loading survivors onto a subway, and then finding gas, or turning on power, for the subway.

- Will feature certain combat mechanics, such as melee escapes and sidestepping/dodging for avoiding enemies

- Enemies so far seem to be zombies and dogs

- Asymmetrical multiplayer feature using a "Mastermind" mechanic

- Four survivors against a player that acts as a "Mastermind"

- Mastermind can see rooms remotely, open/close doors, control cameras, and unleash enemies upon the survivors

- Survivors battle their way through a map, solving puzzles, opening doors, etc, all while the Mastermind throws everything they have at them

- Survivors make use of credits earned during game to purchase ammo, herbs, etc

- Survivors are chosen from a specific preset, with abilities, such as a school nerd, jock, and cheerleader archetypes

- Abilities include things like increased melee power, ability to hack cameras, and possible healing capabilities

- Teamwork is very important, as it requires a concerted effort to overcome the swarms of enemies, and solve the puzzles, or activate doors/switches

- Some rounds end with a mini-boss that must be overcome to continue on

- The Mastermind can also directly control a dog/zombie to wreak concentrated havoc on the survivors

I understand that I'm providing no source or article along with this, I was blown away to hear about something like this being developed. I'm just an excited gamer, usually not privy to this kind of information, looking forward to the next entry for Resident Evil.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looks interesting, but I'm not exactly blown away. Will wait for impressions/reviews.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
A leak from 5 months ago that's right on the money and mentions a subway that was never in RE2....HHHMMMMMM

It was in the intro video...

But yeah, there is too much right there to be just a coincidence. The worst (or best) part is that this sounds much more interesting than anything that was shown. It sounds more open and puzzle oriented. It talks about a "chunk of Raccoon City", while the trailer makes it sound it's going to be very far from the center of the city.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This does not look to be any good.

Definitely feels like it's made on a tight budget with the only good looking animations being the ones that are reused from RE2

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
It was in the intro video...

But yeah, there is too much right there to be just a coincidence. The worst (or best) part is that this sounds much more interesting than anything that was shown. It sounds more open and puzzle oriented. It talks about a "chunk of Raccoon City", while the trailer makes it sound it's going to be very far from the center of the city.

I know, but that doesn't really count as it was a cutscene. However, a subway sure would make a lot more sense than a trolley these days as Dusk has said in the past

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
I find it really interesting how Capcom seems to refer to it more like a concept than an actual game.