• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Word of caution, if you try to link Twitter, this is the privacy warning:

This application will be able to:

• See Tweets from your timeline (including protected Tweets) as well as your Lists and collections.
  • See your Twitter profile information and account settings.
  • See accounts you follow, mute, and block.
  • Follow and unfollow accounts for you.
  • Update your profile and account settings.
  • Post and delete Tweets for you, and engage with Tweets posted by others (Like, un-Like, or reply to a Tweet, Retweet, etc.) for you.
  • Create, manage, and delete Lists and collections for you.
  • Mute, block, and report accounts for you.
Yeah, how about no?

uhh is there a way to undo this.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
unknown.png

SneerfulOwl

Nov 4, 2017
Hell yes, a spiritual successor to Outbreak.

The only thing I don't like it only has 4 playable characters to choose.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Interesting. If this was a standalone game and their intention was to essentially make an asymmetrical multiplayer RE Outbreak game then you would probably just name that game RE Outbreak instead of Outbreakers, right?

Also, I feel like this becomes a much more ambitious project if this is just the multiplayer mode for RE3 remake. It does make me wonder though if this is a part of the RE3 remake package then what would this mean for Mercs mode? Though I'm definitely getting ahead of myself. This game looks cool.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't look as good as RE2 but I can understand it's an online game.
But I can't understand this anymore. Interent connections are getting faster these days for everyone so they can afford streaming or transferring data as heavy as SP in MP. Why always downgrade a game in its MP part or if it is a MP these days? Don't tell me it's a matter of hardware and console power, those same machines can afford to displayed on screen with amazing graphics and many characters on screen, it's not that showing 2 more players gonna force them to reduce the graphics. It is just the fear of not having a powerful internet connection to sustain all those heavy graphics' data sicne the odl days but now have changed liek I said before.

RumorLord

Oct 25, 2017
Minnesota
I remember a leak saying that this game was outsourced to another studio. Could it be this one? (from their website looks like they worked on Biohazard Origins Collection)
This could explain why the game doesn't look as good as RE2.

nYEPg35.png

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's pretend that these annoyingly coy teases are true and this ends up being RE3's bonus mode (which I still don't believe), I'd be very bummed out if this replaced mercenaries. At this point the best case scenario for me would be for this to just be a side project that is a testing ground of sorts for RE3's gameplay. If this is attached to 3 in any way I'll be upset.

Deleted member 5148

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
This should be an expansion of re2 or something. seems wrong to simply add the scooby doo gang and charge for a new game.

SneerfulOwl

Nov 4, 2017
I remember a leak saying that this game was outsourced to another studio. Could it be this one? (from their website looks like they worked on Biohazard Origins Collection)

nYEPg35.png
Most likely. Capcom's A-team is possibly working on RE3make at this point and planning to show the trailer by next E3.

Schwinner

Oct 28, 2017
IIRC Neoboards are the doods who ported Onimusha to PS4, XB1, and PC. Maybe they had an idea for a RE multiplayer game and are now developing this?

Edit: Looks like that it is outsourced to them? Which makes sense.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Let's pretend that these annoyingly coy teases are true and this ends up being RE3's bonus mode (which I still don't believe), I'd be very bummed out if this replaced mercenaries. At this point the best case scenario for me would be for this to just be a side project that is a testing ground of sorts for RE3's gameplay. If this is attached to 3 in any way I'll be upset.

Why? There's nothing indicating that this would be taking away from a Mercs mode in RE3?
RE7 and RE2 were devoid of MP components that impacted the amount of active players the titles would carry later on (RE6, RE5, and others are still actively played online). Seems a win/win to have a mainline title with a additional MP mode that can keep people playing and buying more copies. As Mercs itself doesn't appeal to everyone (as raid doesn't either).

This should be an expansion of re2 or something. seems wrong to simply add the scooby doo gang and charge for a new game.
They already said it won't be a full-priced game and are still "deciding" what to do with it.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Glad to hear it's being outsourced.

Why? There's nothing indicating that this would be taking away from a Mercs mode in RE3?
RE7 and RE2 were devoid of MP components that impacted the amount of active players the titles would carry later on (RE6, RE5, and others are still actively played online). Seems a win/win to have a mainline title with a additional MP mode that can keep people playing and buying more copies. As Mercs itself doesn't appeal to everyone (as raid doesn't either).

I didn't say it would replace it, I'm saying if it replaces it. And mercs is loved by pretty much everyone so I don't buy for a second that this is going to get more people in considering the mixed reaction.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
8o1k66do73m31.jpg

In the background, Annette is the second Mastermind, and she gets Mutated Birkin instead of Mr. X.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
I really like that they're straight up admitting this is an experiment and being open to feedback. Maybe a lesson from Umbrella Corps that didn't catch traction.

Quan

Oct 28, 2017
Man, I kind of hate the "Down, but not out" mechanic in certain games. Seeing zombies just shuffle past someone lying on the floor is idiotic.

Haven't watched everything, though. Have they shown what happens if you are using Mr. X and grab a survivor? Do you actually crush their skull or do they just suddenly transition into the downed state? That would be even dumber looking.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Glad to hear it's being outsourced.

I didn't say it would replace it, I'm saying if it replaces it. And mercs is loved by pretty much everyone so I don't buy for a second that this is going to get more people in considering the mixed reaction.

The reception has been mixed in the US, it's positive in previews and Japan. Seems a big case is just people going "It's not the Outbreak I wanted".
However, if it's just a bonus mode for RE3 people should be more willing to be open-minded about it. More people definitely played RE5 and RE6 coop than mercenaries

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Getting Operation Racoon city vibes from this and what I mean by that is, the game looks like it's going to flop.

I know this is early footage but it looks bad to me at least, hopefully it turns out great and I am wrong.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I can very easily see how they will continue to support this as a service game by dropping new seasons/packs based on individual franchise titles, with new maps based on the games, along with the respective legacy characters and monsters.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
That's basically where I am at.

It's sad because I don't like the idea of any game being a flop, especially one that is trying something somewhat different for a franchise.

However, it just has that vibe about it, it looks really rough even for early footage which never bodes well really.

Hopefully I am completely wrong and it turns out fantastic.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Honestly the biggest red flag for this being possibly a part of RE3 is the name. If this is supposedly already playable for public they might as well have had a name for it. Now they just have this placeholder title and general vagueness if this is even a full game in itself.

If this indeed is RE3 the next question would be if the single player campaing is also outsourced or the multiplayer part only.

Ab4dd0n

Oct 25, 2017
Getting Operation Racoon city vibes from this and what I mean by that is, the game looks like it's going to flop.

I know this is early footage but it looks bad to me at least, hopefully it turns out great and I am wrong.

Same.

For me its like Capcom is doing this without the passion or care they showed with other games like DMCV or RE2 Remake.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks fun.

But there's a lot of recycled assets from RE2, even the UI is the same, lol.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
it looks like RE2 extra mode that they had to cut due to lack of time or budget to finish it in time for release of that game.

Also i hope the outsourced RE game that Dusk Golem was talking about is Project Resistance and not RE3.

Schaft0620

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never in my life have I ever disliked every playable character shown in a gameplay trailer. Maybe I'll like going after them as the bad guy.

banshee150

Banned
Apr 3, 2019
So many dislikes on YT. Its also important to mention based on the EG article that its not confirmed whether it will ever be released.