• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 30005

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Sitting down with the Xbox head, we asked if the Xbox 360 and Xbox One have made it difficult to select a name for Microsoft's upcoming next-gen console, especially when compared to the sequel-like, numbered naming convention of Sony's PlayStation.

"It hasn't," Spencer said with a shake of his head.

"Our naming convention has been around what we think the capabilities are," he continued. "Xbox 360 was about the entertainment experience around the box and the box being in the center of that entertainment experience. Xbox One, if you remember our branding early on, was 'always on input, all in one'. Those names were really built around the purpose of the box.

"I don't feel like I need to follow in their footsteps because they're kind of self-contained," Spencer concluded.

So just like past consoles, Project Scarlett will feature a name that suits itself rather than reflect a continuity and connection to the overall brand. While we wait for an official announcement, the only thing we can do is guess at what we think the console will be named.

Stevivor

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
Xbox Streamo

Xbox Xtream

EDIT: this could bring me a warn but... Xbox I'm held back by Lockhart.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 30005

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Xbox Twins

9TdGoy0.png

Sorry I couldn't resist

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
OH they're talking about what the official name will be! And here i thought what capabilities the name "Scarlett" reflects ... maybe playing asian character roles in movies?

j/k ^^

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox 8847360 confirmed. It even has 360 in the name to harken back to previous successes!