• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Big infos from this French Journalist:

He says that that he heard from many well informed sources in the industry that the Scarlett will have an original design, something like a cylinder because it will pack a voice assistant so similar to Alexa and that they have been trying to implement such design for months now.

You can guess the name now.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
So why the first one didn't have a name ?
"Xbox 360 was about the entertainment experience around the box and the box being in the center of that entertainment experience."
I don't understand. What are "the entertainment experience around the box" ?

Lightning

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania

He says that that he heard from many well informed sources in the industry that the Scarlett will have an original design, something like a cylinder because it will pack a voice assistant so similar to Alexa and that they have been trying to implement such design for months now.

After the disaster that was Cortana, I HIGHLY doubt Microsoft wants to make the core feature of their "games first" console to be a digital assistant.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
Xbox 1080 + Xbox IV-K

1080 would be the cheaper weaker model aimed at playing at 1080p. not everyone is going to be buying a 4K TV and it wouldn't make sense having one model that can do 1080p or 4K because the specs/price will be the same. If people want to play at 1080 then makes sense to use cheaper/weaker hardware to target that kind of performance.

IV-K (4K) for the high end model that aims for 4K. i only typed IV-K because I think "Xbox 4K" looks boring. IVK looks strange so put the dash between IV + K plus it makes it look a little more stylistic. people can call it the Xbox 4K or the I.V.K. might sound a bit stupid, i know, but i could imagine getting used to it.

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
I sort of just wish they end up going with Xbox 5. It's not perfect. Technically it's the 4th generation of Xbox but just rip off the band-aid, say the X counts as one if you have to. It's better than pussy footing around saying 360 (more than 3! You are at the center of the experience!) then going back to One for some marketing thing that didn't gain traction in most of the world.

I like knowing the next PlayStation will be PS5. Then PS6. I like where Xbox is headed at the moment but they aren't like Nintendo where they basically start from scratch at least every second generation, just keep it simple. It's a more powerful console. They have even said it is compatible with the current controllers.

Name simplicity is also probably going to be more important going forward since BC and being able to maintain a library between gens is becoming an expectation.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland

Xylinder

Savinowned

Oct 25, 2017
Nashville, TN
For Anaconda, I'm torn between these three:

Xbox Ultimate - Good alignment with Xbox Live Ultimate
Xbox Infinite - Decent alignment with Halo Infinite, maybe their cloud stuff too
Xbox 2020 - Leans into the smartphone branding model

Grue

Sep 7, 2018