• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Xbox Discovery (for Game Pass)
Xbox Heaven (for the cloud capabilities)
Xbox All (for any and all play styles, maybe Omni)

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
I like Xbox 10. There have been 10 Xbox models, there's windows 10 and it's twice the number on the PS5.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Scarlet is more powerful than the PS five the same way the X1 is to the ps4 pro, I'll switch to Xbox next generation

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Ok, after thorough research (2 mins google) i think i'm onto something
in G.I. Joe, Scarlett is the name of Snake Eyes
Lockhart
is the name of some Harry Potter character who casts a spell to dispose of some Snake
Anaconda
well duh

This snake

Ouroboros-dragon-serpent-snake-symbol-300x178.jpg

it's xbox OUROBOROS, guys.

(xbox infinite)

Xbox Slytherin

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I was about to say that XBOX INFINITE is a very likely name. It fits.

Gamepass infinite games
Xcloud infinite possibilities

Microsoft I am available m-f and I am asking for 10% of your Xbox gaming division and $360k upfront if you use this slogan for branding. Deal or no deal?

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Could it be that "XBOX" the word would be in backdrop while the new name like "STADIA" would be in the front. like, Captain America Civil War. They can move away from naming conventions like Assassins Creed have been.

if MS is releasing 2/3 consoles at the same time (wow) then it would be better for XBOX to mean ecosystem and each console to have their own identity. Not just Xbox normal and Xbox super like XBO and XBX.
images

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Halo Infinite is also on Xbox One though. It would be too confusing to name it Xbox Infinite only for Xbox One to get the first game with "Infinite" in the title.
It's also coming to XB1, so I guess you could say launch window-ish? Or something released in the fall at the same time as the console, for clever marketing purposes. I do appreciate that they're continuing support on XB1 on such a big game.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Ugh. Just go with 'Xbox'.

This sounds like were going to get another sub-name that will age like milk.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Xbox 360 was about the entertainment experience around the box and the box being in the center of that entertainment experience.
That was some heavy justification from the marketing department. The big motivator was they didn't want to release an Xbox 2 when Sony was releasing the PlayStation 3, so they chose a name with the number 3 in it.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Having Halo Infinite launch on Xbox Infinite would be weird. Then we'd get Infinite games for every franchise, Gears Infinite, Forza Infinite.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft used to love plastering Halo lingo all over their non-Xbox stuff.

Xbox Slipstream
Xbox Infinite
Xbox Passport