• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I read up on this a while back when I was reading stuff about Private Division. I thought it sounded really cool and unique then and these impressions just reinforce that. Thanks for posting them OP.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Another impression of the demo.

I got a sneak peek at Project Wight from @locust9 & the folks at The Outsiders. I want it. It's a fascinating combination of stealth and horror that uses the visceral nature of both to flip the power dynamic and deliver a brutally satisfying finish. Congrats to you and the team.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds good, it will probably be Epic exclusive but this still sounds like a way off so Epic might have ironed most of the issues by then

GDC Impressions
OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
More!

So... I just got a look at Project Wight from @locust9 . Holy Shit. Yea it's brutal, and amazing. Almost shed a tear at one part then had to hold my jaw up as the brutal carnage began. So satisfying looking. I want it. Nice job to you and your team at @MonsteryGames !

I saw a sneak peek at Project Wight recently, by @locust9 and the Outsiders studio. Really promising mechanics, concept, and tone. Seems unique.

Just got a sneak peek of 'Project Wight' by @locust9 & @MonsteryGames. All I can say is wow!

While watching certain parts I was holding my breath due to the intensity of the combat, its savage yet satisfying.

This is such a unique concept, ya'll did an incredible job! šŸ‘ŒšŸ¾

Holy fudging fudge popsicles and shiitake mushrooms! I just got a look at 'Project Wight' made by @locust9 and @MonsteryGames

Graphics: Amazing
Sound: Amazing
Music: Amazing
Everything: Amazing

Me the whole time watching:

zKHIVfs.png

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
I don't get why these "viking" games/movies show vikings with horns on their helmet.
2 minute of research will tell you that they did not have horns on their helmet.. It's so idiotic and ruins it for me every time.

I just typed in "viking helmet" in google and this is the first hit
http://www.hurstwic.org/history/articles/manufacturing/text/viking_helmets.htm

The second sentence on this page is: "Contrary to popular belief, there is little evidence that Viking-age helmets ever had horns".

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't get why these "viking" games/movies show vikings with horns on their helmet.
2 minute of research will tell you that they did not have horns on their helmet.. It's so idiotic and ruins it for me every time.

The second sentence on this page is: "Contrary to popular belief, there is little evidence that Viking-age helmets ever had horns".
This doesn't appear to be a game based on true events unless I'm missing something.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Maybe they just want it to look cool?

Then they could call them "unknown type of barbarians from a fantasy land" or something and not vikings.
Maybe put it in the Conan universe as they do have helmets like that there.
Well I'm not gonna rant too much here since this happens all over the entertainment sphere not just games.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Then they could call them "unknown type of barbarians from a fantasy land" or something and not vikings.
Maybe put it in the Conan universe as they do have helmets like that there.

To be fair I don't believe The Outsiders themselves called it a Viking RPG. I got that from a Eurogamer article.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
To be fair I don't believe The Outsiders themselves called it a Viking RPG. I got that from a Eurogamer article.

Not directly, it seems to be in the "old germanic" universe actually.
It looked like Yggdrasil was in the background in one of the shots but that story is much older than the Norse.
I just wish companies would stop perpetrating the myth that is the horned helmets. It's especially disappointing considering this is a Swedish studio.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
I'm impressed this is still around honestly. Feels like forever ago they released that super early look at the gameplay and then radio silence until now. This is sounding like more and more like a true blue monster game. I'm into it

Also anyone interested in this should read Grendel by John Gardner. It's this game basically. Beowulf from the monsters perspective.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
I've had that book on my list for a long while. I should really get around to cracking that open.

It's really very good. Fluctuates from very cerebral and nihilistic to super descriptive violence and "what is life even" kind of self reflection... of a monster.

I've reread it multiple times. Always a good time.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia

I love the design of male and female Skellige warriors in Witcher 3 - they are based on Nordic and Viking culture
There are some designs with hornes, but that's because only one of the 6 different clans use it
jan-marek-jan-marek-skelige-warior.jpg

$

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Ah yes! It's been a long time since that video from two-three years ago and I found it very interesting.

Edward

ā–² Legend ā–²
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I love the idea of being in this RPG open world game but instead of playing the hero you play one of the monsters that lives in the world. I wish more people would make more games like this. Like you're a ogre in Skyrim and you see some asshole come around and kill your friend so you go on a rampage in the nearest town.

Fantastic idea.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

Attention, tweeps: @locust9 just gave me a sneak at The Outsider's #ProjectWight. Crazy how it's evolved. It's unlike any game I've seen before although it combines some of my favorite games and lore into a monstrously satisfying whole. You'll get to see it very soon, too, folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.