• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It'd be cool if they built in DS4 support to Windows, but I understand why they wouldn't.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Fifty games that come with the subscription.

Included with Game Pass.

Other streaming services that will remain unnamed: this is how you do it.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Is PlayStation Now just Game Pass and xCloud combined into one service because it streams and downloads? Wouldn't it make more sense for Microsoft to evolve Game Pass to be like that since Game Pass already has an established and very positive reputation?

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love how no one is questioning this, all they did was announce 50 game's and no other important details

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
2020 is like two months from now

If it's literally going to be on PC in two months that's fair enough. But if it's just a unqualified '2020', that's a fairly big and vague window.

I remember people saying that google and ms would naturally have extensive device and geographic reach from day one. It seems both to one degree or another are going to have more of a time in phased beta rollout than I think might have been expected 6 months ago. I suppose it shouldn't be too surprising but after such a 'hot' rhetoric war earlier in the year, the streaming wars for this year seem a little bit of a damp squib. Mostly due for Stadia in fairness though...

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
So like TV show and movies, games are joining the streaming side.

Interesting.

Out of all them, xCloud looks the most interesting.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
so 100% if you own gamepass ultimate you get project xCloud with no extra monthly fees? 4K? Eventually stream from a PC or laptop maybe casting from your phone to your TV?

that kind of setup makes stadia seem pretty weak

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When are they upgrading the servers to scarlet?

how much will it cost?

Will there be a free version?

will I be able to buy new 3rd party games like cyberpunk?

Are they going to try to put it on every device possible?

will they have exclusive cloud streaming games?

when will it support 4k?
These are the questions I wanted answered

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Wow. Amazing. This is how MS can go against Stadia! Can't wait to try it.

I will watch later to see all details. Did they said what is their business model and when people will start joining the program?

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
But that doesn't answer my question. Price? When?
I can do that now with ps remote play for example. Costs 0.
So there are two versions of Game Streaming: Console Streaming (similar to PS Remote Play) which is free, and Cloud Streaming (similar to Stadia or PS Now) which will included in Game Pass (from $10) starting sometime next year.

Both versions of streaming are currently in testing and both will launch sometime next year.

JaggedSac

Oct 25, 2017
Burbs of Atlanta
Is PlayStation Now just Game Pass and xCloud combined into one service because it streams and downloads? Wouldn't it make more sense for Microsoft to evolve Game Pass to be like that since Game Pass already has an established and very positive reputation?

Game Pass + xCloud will also allow you to stream games you own, they don't have to be part of the Game Pass sub. I don't know if that is the case with PSNow.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
I've got my Stadia Founder's Edition coming next week; but I honestly don't see myself using it beyond the included 3 months as anything but a Chromecast Ultra.

Microsoft including xCloud with GamePass is such a great add. I haven't owned an XBox since the 360, but can see myself subscribing to GamePass just because of the xCloud integration.

Ducayne

Oct 27, 2017
I'd settle for iOS console streaming news at this point. So many low impact games on game pass I'd like to play on the go.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
They haven't said, all they said was 2020 - if that means XCloud from your box or the cloud for free I have no idea
2020 is very vague. And it was obvious too. The games available are better than 12 by Stadia, but until it launches it is pointless. It is also worse than the hundreds available today on psnow which costs 60 a year if not mistaken.
Everything is still developing, I'm interested since i have a passive pc that can't run games at all, and could use one of those offers or a monthly sub to play a few interesting games on GP like Gears( if latency is good enough) every now and then. But as i said, still very vague.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Like, what other important details do you want? lol
When are they upgrading the servers to scarlet?

how much will it cost?

Will there be a free version?

will I be able to buy new 3rd party games like cyberpunk?

Are they going to try to put it on every device possible?

will they have exclusive cloud streaming games?

when will it support 4k?

can it completely replace the next gen Xbox so I don't have to buy one?

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
At work so could not watch, will it be usable without owning the console? If so I deeply regretted not getting 3 years of Gamepads lol

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
The Verge says MS has a prototype app running on iOS for xcloud and they're working with apple. It's coming in due time. Then goes onto to say that it's most likely Apple holding them back as Stadia doesn't have iOS support either.