• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not at launch. It looks like xCloud will support almost all 3500+ Xbox games at launch and since there are two Lara Croft top down puzzle games, at least two backcompat Tomb Raider games, and the three Reboot Tomb Raider games that means at launch (in terms of Tomb Raider games) xCloud > Stadia

hey i know you

Derktron

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
Google:

tenor.gif
Yep, Google should be very worried, just imagine when Sony does it or Apple does this service. This is why I don't trust Google in anything.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Just note...I've said for over a year that streaming will be included in gamepass (you should see how many people have argued against that and slowly over the past year it has changed...which usually happens with my predictions...). I'm just being very specific...I think it will be included in all levels of gamepass just fyi.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
I know it says Dualshock 4 support for xCloud... but curious, will those drivers also be released generally for PC? Because I don't believe there are still true drivers for the DS4 on PC.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Just note...I've said for over a year that streaming will be included in gamepass (you should see how many people have argued against that and slowly over the past year it has changed...which usually happens with my predictions...). I'm just being very specific...I think it will be included in all levels of gamepass just fyi.

I'm pretty shocked people ever thought Xcloud would cost extra on top of Gamepass. Were we the only ones who thought otherwise?

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping for iOS support, hopefully it isn't too far away. Otherwise it all sounds great.

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
There is probably gonna be a cost barrier to xCloud. They've said that xCloud from your own xbox, aka remote play, would be free. Hinting that xCloud from their severs will have a cost. I doubt base game pass subs will come with that cost. GPU is up in the air.
Yes that's what I'm saying. Let say xCloud is $3/month. You will have to spend $9,99 for Game Pass + $3 for xCloud to get your games everywhere.

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
I'm pretty shocked people ever thought Xcloud would cost extra on top of Gamepass. Were we the only ones who thought otherwise?
I think that will be the case.
They are not saying xCloud will be included in Gamepass. They are announcing that Xbox Game Pass will be available on xCloud. That would be like announcing Xbox Game Pass will be available on Stadia or PS Now. That doesn't make Stadia or PS Now free.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
How is a service that streams current-gen games, at console fidelity, to your phone, going to kill a service that will stream next-gen games, at PC fidelity, to your TV?
Are you under some delusion that Xcloud will be incapable of streaming next-gen games when next-gen launches?
I also want to see a list of all next-gen games available on Stadia please.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dude, all your posts are pro Stadia and shooting down any legitimate concerns about Stadia's faults/disadvantages or woes by rebutting about how Stadia will let you play Red Dead for cheap or spinning something else. You're the fanboy.
Look at the comments in here on the first page

now go to a stadia thread and look at the comments in its first page

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Yes what i always wanted. To play a capped version of DMC 5 on my cellphone screen with both input lag AND delays. Nice!

TojoT

Oct 30, 2017
Sounds cool. Looking forward to testing it out.

I'll probably set up accounts for all the streaming services and decide based on what games are available and what works best in my area. Is there any information if it'll have a free tier (i.e. only paying for a game pass subscription or games)?

I'm pretty excited for the streaming services to come out. I'll probably only get a next gen console if the fan noise situation becomes much better than the previous two generations.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have. I've even responded to those topics and even your own posts. Will you address any of Stadia's faults other than stating you can stream Red Dead for cheap?
As someone that only wants to cloud stream with no hardware I don't see any faults, I hope xcloud and PSnow copy so I can replace my consoles with them

as of now xcloud doesn't look similar to stadia and that disappoints me

Last edited:

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Genuine question - Do you guys see yourselves using this service?

Here in the UK the Wifi infrastructure outside of your home is still poor and using mobile data to stream would most likely not work and to be honest i don't have time to play when i'm not at home.

I can't wrap my head around why anyone would prefer to play a game on a small screen if they can use a TV/Monitor etc, that's why i fail to see the point of this.

You are basically asking, why have a switch though. It's just an option.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Yup...this is the game changer I was asking about right here.

Streaming games you already own. Is xCloud a paid subscription service tho...I know not for Game Pass so far.

Xcloud will be bundled with gamepass at no extra cost.

Console streaming will be free if you own an xbox.

Xcloud will be included at no extra cost for those who sub to gamepass. Its the future enticement on top of the games. Think of it as Netflix. You sub once and steam to anything onto which you are logged in. Nobody would pay Netflix extra to log onto more than one device. The market has been conditioned and MS wording has been pretty clear to me at least. Tablet, PC, phone... Probably Tesla the way Elon invents stuff on the toilet or out for a walk.

Amanita

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are you under some delusion that Xcloud will be incapable of streaming next-gen games when next-gen launches?
I also want to see a list of all next-gen games available on Stadia please.
Has Microsoft said anything about streaming next-gen games? They would have to upgrade their servers. Are they going to do that? Right away or later on? Maybe they will do it right away, but it's not a given. To assume that they will is much wilder than my assumption, which is that, around this time next year, Google Stadia won't all of a sudden, for no reason, cease to get new games.

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
Look at the comments in here on the first page

now go to a stadia thread and look at the comments in its first page

You shouldn't be surprised by that. There are millions of gamers that have an Xbox One, just that alone guarantees a lot more faith. Just imagine for a second Microsoft trying to release their first gaming console now. A lot of the comments you see for Google would be there for Microsoft. Once Stadia is available it will start to gain supporters based on the good experiences people have once they try it. That's the only way.

Last edited:

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You shouldn't be surprised by that. There are millions of gamers that have an Xbox One, just that alone guarantes a lot more faith. Just imagine for a second Microsoft trying to release their first gaming console now. A lot of the comments you see for Google would be there for Microsoft. Once Stadia is available it will start to gain supporters based on the good experiences people have once they try it. That's the only way.
Yea just pointing it out, I want all 3 of them to offer the same thing stadia is offering so that I don't have to buy any consoles

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
Yea just pointing it out, I want all 3 of them to offer the same thing stadia is offering so that I don't have to buy any consoles

That's a sure thing. By the time Microsoft and Sony update their servers to the latest console hardware, I'm sure we will see the same type of features Stadia offers. The only question is when will that happen.

XxLeonV

Nov 8, 2017
I disagree. We're headed into a new generation. Everything is about to be up for grabs again. Now Google's sales pitch is, "Don't buy a next-gen console. You already have one, just download this app. With us, you don't buy the hardware, you just buy the games. More money in your pocket. Oh, and it's 60fps. Oh, and you don't have to pay for online multiplayer." I'm absolutely puzzled by people who think Stadia is for people who want to stream games to their phone. It's a full-blown next-gen platform, and one that I predict a lot of people are going to prefer to dropping $400 on a box, signing up for a multiplayer subscription, and then playing games in 30fps.
It's still too early imo. Plus Google hasn't done that great at marketing Stadia. I think it'll be a bit before we see cloud gaming be a true threat to dedicated hardware. This is why Xbox will still support the hell out of Scarlett.

Also, only people like us at Era care about 60fps. That's not a large percentage of people who play on console....hell a lot of them don't even care about higher Res....just look how well the Pro consoles sold lol.

Last edited:

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's a sure thing. By the time Microsoft and Sony update their servers to the latest console hardware, I'm sure we will see the same type of features Stadia offers. The only question is when will that happen.
When I say I want them to offer the same thing I'm mainly talking about I want to them offer new games for sale, I'm still doubting Sony will, Microsoft might but not sure, didn't really answer that today

I should have been able to buy death stranding on PSnow for 60$ for example and played it without a PS4 or pc

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
So wait...in 2020, I'll be able to sub to Game Pass and play Xbox games on Xcloud without actually needing an Xbox? So basically the Netflix of games...finally. I mean I'll need to wait and see what the quality is like but this is huge. Streaming is going to be huge next gen. Of course, I'll probably want to get a PS5 and a Switch 2 or whatever, but I don't see how Sony is able to match this unless they significantly improve PSNOW and start offering day and date first party games. Whoever does streaming best next gen will probably win next gen, IMO, even though it won't be as good as playing games on physical hardware. My plan next gen then will be to build a new PC, get Ultimate Game Pass, don't buy Scarlett probably, and pick up a PS5 for 1st Party Sony games.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game pass support as soon as possible pls MS I will love you forever.

oh wait it has to be available in Malaysia first so that as soon as possible pls I will love you forever.

DrMario

Oct 27, 2017
For some reason, it took me until today to fully realize the major xCloud advantage for Xbox over Google Stadia. xCloud will be a bonus way to play Xbox games and gamepass games i already own or have access to. Stadia is asking me to invest in another ecosystem. That's huge

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
When I say I want them to offer the same thing I'm mainly talking about I want to them offer new games for sale, I'm still doubting Sony will, Microsoft might but not sure, didn't really answer that today

I should have been able to buy death stranding on PSnow for 60$ for example and played it without a PS4 or pc

Don't see why not. A game sale is a game sale. The advantage that Microsoft and Sony have is that they will probably offer the option to have the digital version of the game along with the cloud version. This might be better for people that are still not convinced about cloud gaming as a main way to play, but do appreciate it as an option.

ImaLawy3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 6, 2019