• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 1, 2017
FL, United States
At least Google tried.

To be honest. I have no idea where both of these streaming platforms will go in the next 5-10 years but as 5G enters the market and internet speeds improve I'm really interest in seeing where this will lead.
Streaming has always been kind of a joke that always ended up in bankruptcy or total abandonment. But now we have Google, Apple, and Microsoft all going in. This can't be another fever dream from Nvidia. I love using physical content and it's always been my goal to preserve everything I buy, but digital gaming is getting too cheap to ignore.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think MS is the one that's going to take the leadership role on the streaming future, they have all the tools combined with not being as attached to physical hardware since it's not really lights out successful for them.

It's basically all the perfect combo of factors for them to really dig in on this.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
At the moment its been announced as part of Game Pass... so that's the pricing right now. No idea if it'll be available individually.
Makes sense, since psnow already offers that.
But... When? First on xb? Pc? Other devices? Not that i think Stadia is very compelling, but one will be available this month and maybe when this is available it has more games.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Give me that iOS app, Microsoft and streaming wars will be over before they even began. Will be incredible to be able to play on an iPad anywhere.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
ok the pic in the OP

they just announced AOE studio is called worlds edge so wtf is forgotten empires?

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
Have loved using the xCloud beta so getting more stuff to play and test is even better. Great to hear Gamepass support is coming soon too. I expected it but it is still nice to hear confirmation.

RIP in pieces Stadia. You at least tried. Seems like MS is going to be the leader when it comes to streaming.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Yeah, with my work & life schedule I am thinking iOS xCloud is how I play games from next year onwards. Shit looks hype.

Chippu

Oct 28, 2017
Netherlands
Nice. I'm currently using a Shadow PC to play PC-only games that are included with Gamepass Ultimate, will I be able to stream those to--at some point?

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
Makes sense, since psnow already offers that.
But... When? First on xb? Pc? Other devices? Not that i think Stadia is very compelling, but one will be available this month and maybe when this is available it has more games.
Stadia, in my opinion, is being rushed to market based on missing features at launch and small launch line up. Either way, when xCloud officially launches (sometime in 2020) it'll have at least 200 games at launch if not more.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Basically a PlayStation gamer can access all Xbox exclusives for a Game Pass subscription. PlayStation gamers don't even need to buy a Xbox controller.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Can I stream with Linux? This will kind of determine my buy-in, as I'm not planning on getting the Xbox anything now. I can do without the few exclusives it will have, but they can get me to care if I can do this. I can probably just do it with an Xbox One (which I DO already have) but hell no am I messing around with my phone to play games.

OP
OP

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure if I can stream this to my iPhone/Mac/iPad then I will most likely never buy a PC or windows laptop again.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it hasn't stopped them from doing it multiple times already to other companies
Yes, it has. Even Steam Link is back.

The problem was making external purchases from within the app. iOS doesn't allow external purchases from within its apps, but MS already knows that because they have like 400 iOS apps.

Oct 31, 2017
50+ games right now, W10 compatible next year and included in Gamepass...

You remember that "overkill" mention in FFX ? That's exactly what happened to Stadia tonight :D

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
more questions answered than stadia
Lol no,
When are they upgrading the servers to scarlet?

how much will it cost?

Will there be a free version?

will I be able to buy new 3rd party games like cyberpunk?

Are they going to try to put it on every device possible?

will they have exclusive cloud streaming games?

when will it support 4k?

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I got into the preview for this but I don't own any Android devices, so yeah...

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
Stadia, in my opinion, is being rushed to market based on missing features at launch and small launch line up. Either way, when xCloud officially launches (sometime in 2020) it'll have at least 200 games at launch if not more.
Well, Stadia is obviously in very rough state at launch. But i would be cautious about xcloud until solid launch dates and details are given.
So far we got promises and hype, but the devil is in the details.