• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
Prolific WII U publisher RCMADIAX denied Switch development license.

They deleted their tweet. Company profile at Ninfendolife.

screenshot2018-02-10aiis0c.png

That's the original tweet.

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
They made a tweet about Switch fans wanting nothing but ports after that, but deleted it. Classy. Or maybe it's just that they made their account protected. LOL Probably to save themselves Nintendo fan's wrath.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
This is the difference between starving for third party support to a healthy abundance. There's no need for garbage like this to be published only for the sake of having something to sell.

Axisofweevils

Oct 25, 2017
Glad they're being more selective. Weirdly, that doesn't seem to apply to the Japanese department where they happily allow Vroom In The Night Sky.

Bad, cheap cash in games drags the system down, poisons the well, and stops people taking a chance on interesting titles. So many people were using the Wii U as an ultra-basic "My first game!" testbed.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
The Switch eShop already gets like 20 new games per week and the momentum wont stop anytime soon....i think its okay to not open up the door/markt to devs who have been only developing shovelware.

The news and new releases section on Switch is very important right now - dont think Nintendo wants devs on there that are ready to drop 10 shovelware games at once or as fast as possible on there lol.
Glad they're being more selective. Weirdly, that doesn't seem to apply to the Japanese department where they happily allow Vroom In The Night Sky.
I think the difference is the amount of crap released and the timing...Vroom was a very early thing probably because the Switch was known to be a success so it might have been easier to get the license. Also if you have a couple of good games in your development history they are unlikely to decline...with RCM it was only trash though.

Nosgotham

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Lol I bought a couple of his games. Even reviewed one. They were mostly veerrrry uninspired , generic and not great games . Shovelware through and through. This is a plus that those games won't be stinking up the switch eshop

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think meme run on Wii U getting a lot of press for being garbage and for Nintendo allowing garbage like that on their store got them to adjust accordingly

curation is necessary in today's gaming climate

Argot

Oct 29, 2017
I'm usually willing to be pretty hard on NOA for being arbitrarily selective, but I have no tears to shed over this.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
They were kind of a dick on the Nintendo developer forums. So I'm cool with that.

....ok, they were just mean about a demo I put up there and were rude for frankly no good reason.

now I'm hoping I'm not mistaking them for somebody else, but I feel preeetty confident. I don't think those forums are still up

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
Dude was asking for it. He kept making the same simple knock off games with no production values, or twists, or anything to differentiate them. As well, he never took the next step and made something outside of that lane. Honestly he shouldn't be bitching. He made whatever money he did on WiiU and he should have been banking that to try to take the next step. It is clear Nintendo doesn't see whatever he's planning as having any value to them.

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They were kind of a dick on the Nintendo developer forums. So I'm cool with that.

....ok, they were just mean about a demo I put up there and were rude for frankly no good reason.

now I'm hoping I'm not mistaking them for somebody else, but I feel preeetty confident. I don't think those forums are still up
He used to get in to fights with reviewers on NintendoLife, so it was likely the same guy.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017

Care to share details?

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
Is this the same developer who was mocking the Switch around its release, and would then follow up his taunts with "but x game on #WiiU"?

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017

Bad, cheap cash in games drags the system down, poisons the well, and stops people taking a chance on interesting titles. So many people were using the Wii U as an ultra-basic "My first game!" testbed.
Vroom was a bad game from a good dev. Piosoft, unlike RCMADIAX, has at least put out worthwhile stuff before. I hope Order Land makes it west.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
So they are the Digital Homicide equivalent in the Nintendo eshop, same PR genius and talent for social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.