• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lashman

Oct 25, 2017
today is a very sad day ...

lbsXcCe.png

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Is circumventing DRM even illegal in EU? It was probably Sega that pushed them to do this.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Well, that's one way to deal with somebody breaking the shit out of your protection.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Knowing the Internet, I feel like this is just throwing more wood into the fire rather than stomping it out. You are already known as the bad guys in that scene, but now you created a martyr as well?

Whoever did this, Denuvo or Sega, did not think about it at all.

Oct 25, 2017
Denuvo are real cowards. Hopefully someone else steps up to the plate after Voksi. We must keep fighting the DRM fight!

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
What to do if even amateurs like Voksi start cracking their newest and best DRM? Sue the Cracker!

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
Did he crack games and put them on torrents? Or did he just figure out ways to remove bloatware and make tutorials on game by game basis?

Saks for ost

Oct 27, 2017
Oslo
Voksi was quite profilic, did interviews and stuff. Was probably easy to track him down. The other Denuvo crackers in the "real"-scene from CPY and other groups are much harder for Denuvo to find and prosecute.

Unfortunately only Voksi has managed to crack the latest version AFAIK.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
What a shitty company. Circumventing DRM isn't even illegal in the EU. He should make a crowfunding and fight back.

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic
I am totally anti-piracy, but Denuvo can fuck right off. If I can sing some petition against them I would happily do that. Aren't those people behind SecuRom in the past? If so, than this video needs to be posted:

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay...if it's legal, on what grounds are they doing this shit?

Fuck Denuvo

I guess they want to check if he stole source code or reference documents from Denuvo (this is illegal). We'll see.
Crackers going traçably public... come on... they should be brighter than that :( There's no fun if the mice are eaten by the cats.

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Denuvo, if you don't want your solution to be cracked then make it secure.

Or even better, just fuck off and leave PC games alone.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they'll use this chance to hire him and make their DRM more secure.

Alvis

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Probably the fact that he's redistributing their intellectual property in the form of. Exes and dll

Even if modified the denuvo code belongs to them.
That would make every mod that replaces exe files ever made illegal.

Even then he could avoid this by distributing .ips patches for the original .exe that the user must manually apply.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully they'll use this chance to hire him and make their DRM more secure.

I hear ya, denuvo still isn't fucking up with every game out there using it, 'just' with some.
That's so sloppy and needs to change. Whats the point of DRM if not making the paying legal users regret buying their products?

Vicious17

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This just seems like one of the worst possible things they can do. When was the last time going against the internet turn out well for anyone?

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
He himself confirmed that they only sued him because his method was unpatchable.

Hopefully it "leaks".

Oct 25, 2017
This really sucks. I don't care if it enables pirates, I may need these files down the line if Denuvo goes under and I still want to play my games.

The fact that the games got cracked eventually anyway was pretty much the biggest reason why I never cared to boycott Denuvo titles or anything like that. I'd be able to play them anyway, official support or not, but if the cracks stop being released, I'll have to actually start considering it going forward.

Oct 25, 2017
This really sucks. I don't care if it enables pirates, I may need these files down the line if Denuvo goes under and I still want to play my games.

The fact that the games got cracked eventually anyway was pretty much the biggest reason why I never cared to boycott Denuvo titles or anything like that. I'd be able to play them anyway, official support or not, but if the cracks stop being released, I'll have to actually start considering it going forward.

This exactly. Not supporting miracle PC ports like Yakuza 0 next week because of Denuvo is nonsense because the good folks from the cracking scene will remove it anyway. Low starting sales for these ports may scare away SEGA and other studios from bringing console franchises to PC. Ultimately, what matters is that the games are coming to the platform. The history of PC gaming has almost always shown that when a port is messed up by the hands of the studio, the community will step in and put in the work to make things right. I really can't see this Denuvo crap going on for too much longer. Hopefully they go down the drain soon like the all the other DRM services of the past.