SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Screen-Shot-2021-01-13-at-5.21.16-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2021-04-12-at-4.10.39-PM.png

Federal prosecutors, who are trying to keep one of the most recognizable faces from the Jan. 6 siege in jail ahead of trial, released a picture of the note the suspect left in Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office. Prosecutors called him a "ticking time bomb" that presents a clear danger to the community.

In an 18-page motion filed in U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C., prosecutors implored the court to deny a bail request from Richard "Bigo" Barnett, the man infamously photographed inside Speaker Pelosi's office leaning back in the chair with his feet on a desk and a stun gun disguised to look like a walking stick in his pants. One of the icons from the insurrection, Barnett also stole a piece of mail from Pelosi's office and claimed to have left her a note.
"'Nancy, Bigo was here, you bitch.' Those are the words of the defendant (using his preferred nickname) in his message to Congresswoman and Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi on January 6, 2021, when he invaded and occupied her office during a mass siege of the U.S. Capitol that halted constitutional proceedings and required the evacuation of members of Congress and the then-Vice President," prosecutors wrote in the first words of the filing. "At the time, the defendant was outfitted with a stun gun purchased for the occasion, and he went on to pose for a photographer, confront officers, give an interview with a reporter, and take to a bullhorn to rile up the crowd. He then returned to his home in Arkansas, where he hid or destroyed evidence."
"Peace is no longer given a chance," Barnett's attorney Joseph D. McBride memorably wrote. "Common ground is out of sight. Our Constitution—an inspired document, drafted during times like these, foreseeing times like these—can only save us."
lawandcrime.com

Prosecutors Release Picture of the Note Capitol Rioter Richard Barnett Left in Nancy Pelosi’s Office

Federal prosecutors, who are trying to keep one of the most recognizable faces from the Jan. 6 siege in jail ahead of trial, released a picture of the note the suspect left in Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office. Prosecutors called Richard “Bigo” Barnett a “ticking time bomb” that presents a clear...

He said it in an interview.

Last edited:

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine going through all that just to misspell bitch. Maybe I'm reading that shitty handwriting wrong but that's hilarious what an absolute moron.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's not how quotations work...unless he said that on video or something. But that is definitely not what the note says.

I was wondering what that last word was and "bitch" definitely isn't it. You could maybe argue "biatch" but even that's a reach

I thought he was trying to sign Bigo and just spelled it wrong

Beignet

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
Fucking amazing that these people were the first to storm the Capitol since the British Empire

Last edited:

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The constable looked confounded as he looked helplessly at the crime scene. Holmes, I saw, wasn't looking at the crime scene at all.

"Blast it all, Holmes," I cried. "Aren't you going to help us discover who committed this vile deed?"

"No, Watson," Holmes said evenly as he stroked his chin. "I was instead contemplating what to have for tonight's supper. I believe Mrs. Hudson might have a joint left from last night that should approach the boundary of edible cuisine."

I took half a step back. "Holmes, have you gone mad?" I said. "You've never given up a case before."

"Far from it," the detective said with an affected sigh. "Watson, I think you will find that the man who did the deed was Alphonse Woolery, and that he not only committed the crime but paid a master of portraiture to document the deed with oil and canvass."

"But how, Holmes?" I snapped, the familiar sensation of being lost in a thick jungle overtaking me once again. "How can you possibly know that?"

"Elementary, my dear Watson," Holmes said as he pointed one long finger towards a piece of parchment. "It appears our criminal never attended it."

I unfolded the parchment. In shaky, untrained letters, it read: I, ALPHONSE WOOLERY, DONE DID IT, I'D DO IT AGAIN, AND IF'N YOU WANT TO SEE HOW I DID IT, GO TO THE ART GALLERY ON TROTTER'S LANE WHERE THE SCENE IS SHOWN.

"I don't believe it, Holmes," I marveled as the Bobbies fanned out in search of Woolery. "A criminal confessing his own crime, in public, and with enough documentation to ensure that he spends the rest of his days in the Tower of London? What's the point? What's the gain?"

"There was no thought to the future here," Holmes sniffed. "No horizon or tomorrow could have ever compared to Mr. Woolery's revel of the day. The man gave not a sixpence for whatever lay beyond the sun's setting, but instead devoted himself to the temporal pleasures of the eternal now." Fingers that could differentiate individual strains of gunpowder by touch alone massaged his temples, as though the very thought caused him some distress.

"A pity, then, for his sake, that tomorrow came at last."

Oct 25, 2017
The note said "Hello, Ms. Pelosi. Bigo was here and you are a bitch!"
- professional journalist

Edit: oh they were quoting him quoting his note. Egg on my face

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
That's not how quotations work...unless he said that on video or something. But that is definitely not what the note says.

It's only in the opening paragraph and not mentioned anywhere else in the court document, kind of bizarre. Unless the last word on the note is some distortion of "biotch"?

Edit: ah it was audio

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
It's impressive he misspelled that

Good thing he's just a member of the aunt tifa family

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017
The constable looked confounded as he looked helplessly at the crime scene. Holmes, I saw, wasn't looking at the crime scene at all.

"Blast it all, Holmes," I cried. "Aren't you going to help us discover who committed this vile deed?"

"No, Watson," Holmes said evenly as he stroked his chin. "I was instead contemplating what to have for tonight's supper. I believe Mrs. Hudson might have a joint left from last night that should approach the boundary of edible cuisine."

I took half a step back. "Holmes, have you gone mad?" I said. "You've never given up a case before."

"Far from it," the detective said with an affected sigh. "Watson, I think you will find that the man who did the deed was Alphonse Woolery, and that he not only committed the crime but paid a master of portraiture to document the deed with oil and canvass."

"But how, Holmes?" I snapped, the familiar sensation of being lost in a thick jungle overtaking me once again. "How can you possibly know that?"

"Elementary, my dear Watson," Holmes said as he pointed one long finger towards a piece of parchment. "It appears our criminal never attended it."

I unfolded the parchment. In shaky, untrained letters, it read: I, ALPHONSE WOOLERY, DONE DID IT, I'D DO IT AGAIN, AND IF'N YOU WANT TO SEE HOW I DID IT, GO TO THE ART GALLERY ON TROTTER'S LANE WHERE THE SCENE IS SHOWN.

"I don't believe it, Holmes," I marveled as the Bobbies fanned out in search of Woolery. "A criminal confessing his own crime, in public, and with enough documentation to ensure that he spends the rest of his days in the Tower of London? What's the point? What's the gain?"

"There was no thought to the future here," Holmes sniffed. "No horizon or tomorrow could have ever compared to Mr. Woolery's revel of the day. The man gave not a sixpence for whatever lay beyond the sun's setting, but instead devoted himself to the temporal pleasures of the eternal now." Fingers that could differentiate individual strains of gunpowder by touch alone massaged his temples, as though the very thought caused him some distress.

"A pity, then, for his sake, that tomorrow came at last."

Whoa. That was epic.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Wow. He looks absolutely deranged in those videos.

He looks like the evil military guy from avatar, but on cocaine.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Throw me in the pile of people who would have never figured out what that last word is themselves. Dude has shit handwriting.