• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So to get straight to the point, does anyone know if its possible to speak to a real person, via phone, about a botched order? Because they sure seem to be making it impossible...

Anyway, rant begins:
Im excited about getting PS VR2. I like VR. I can only order it via PS Direct because who knows. I preorder the second it goes live and patiently wait.

Launch day approaches but for whatever reason the order dispatch/tracking emails are messed up, I didnt actually receive my confirmation that its out for delivery until 11:35 this morning... about 2 minutes after the delivery failed. That's not what annoys me, its how it failed...

So after finally wringing the information out of the courier, they tell me that the package basically has no information on the label. Just a street name and a postcode. So yeah... not great. They of course cant alter the label despite confirming its me who the package is to be delivered to. They tell me I have to get the seller to fix this themselves, they cant/wont help.

Problem number 1 - trying to find contact info for PS Direct is a pain in the ass. I can only find one slow assed chat. No email form, no phone number, not even a twitter support page (just a general support page which looks unrelated)

So the chat - waiting and waiting, finally I get a response. Long and the short, they tell me that they cant do anything. That I have to wait for the package to be sent back, which could take two weeks. Then they give me my money back. Well, actually that could take another 7-10 days. Then I can re-order. They say they wont bother reattempting a delivery. They wont send a replacement, they wont escalate this higher, they just repeat the same tired dialogue almost rototically (I mean, I get it, process and all)

So yeah, anyone actually have any successful interactions with support staff on the site? Im typing this up just to vent about how shit the entire process has, well that and Im killing time until support actually respond. The kicker? I really want the head set, and am now stuck with a quandry - order again from a site that's already proved it cant fulfill my order, or... well that's really the only option considering its the only place to buy it currently in the UK. What I'd give for Shopto to get them in stock...

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Yeah, unfortunately PS Direct has been an absolute shambles. There doesn't appear to be -any- route other than Online Chat to contact them, and they don't even have a Twitter page as far as I can tell

The shipping/tracking screw ups are unacceptable, but there doesn't appear to be any way to move the needle with them. I really have no idea why they opted to limit orders to themselves directly, when it seems they were wholly incapable of delivering the product. That, and in truth, it probably isn't even a massive launch in the UK either...

Sorry, not much useful help, but I can utterly understand the frustration

Syne

Feb 5, 2023
UK
Just from browsing different support options on their site I came across this number you can try 0203 538 2665, if anything they might be able to put you through to whoever is best

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Heard quite a few direct woes and it just makes me want to wait until the Edge and VR2 are available from other outlets.

Sorry to hear that you had a poor experience - really sucks.

OP
OP
shadowman16

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Just from browsing different support options on their site I came across this number you can try 0203 538 2665, if anything they might be able to put you through to whoever is best
Sadly that's for technical stuff only, no routes to sales :( But I really appreciate you taking the time to look thanks :)

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
So to get straight to the point, does anyone know if its possible to speak to a real person, via phone, about a botched order? Because they sure seem to be making it impossible...

Anyway, rant begins:
Im excited about getting PS VR2. I like VR. I can only order it via PS Direct because who knows. I preorder the second it goes live and patiently wait.

Launch day approaches but for whatever reason the order dispatch/tracking emails are messed up, I didnt actually receive my confirmation that its out for delivery until 11:35 this morning... about 2 minutes after the delivery failed. That's not what annoys me, its how it failed...

So after finally wringing the information out of the courier, they tell me that the package basically has no information on the label. Just a street name and a postcode. So yeah... not great. They of course cant alter the label despite confirming its me who the package is to be delivered to. They tell me I have to get the seller to fix this themselves, they cant/wont help.

Problem number 1 - trying to find contact info for PS Direct is a pain in the ass. I can only find one slow assed chat. No email form, no phone number, not even a twitter support page (just a general support page which looks unrelated)

So the chat - waiting and waiting, finally I get a response. Long and the short, they tell me that they cant do anything. That I have to wait for the package to be sent back, which could take two weeks. Then they give me my money back. Well, actually that could take another 7-10 days. Then I can re-order. They say they wont bother reattempting a delivery. They wont send a replacement, they wont escalate this higher, they just repeat the same tired dialogue almost rototically (I mean, I get it, process and all)

So yeah, anyone actually have any successful interactions with support staff on the site? Im typing this up just to vent about how shit the entire process has, well that and Im killing time until support actually respond. The kicker? I really want the head set, and am now stuck with a quandry - order again from a site that's already proved it cant fulfill my order, or... well that's really the only option considering its the only place to buy it currently in the UK. What I'd give for Shopto to get them in stock...
Try @AskPS_UK

Syne

Feb 5, 2023
UK
Sadly that's for technical stuff only, no routes to sales :( But I really appreciate you taking the time to look thanks :)

Ah was hoping being able to speak to anyone at all would provide a better path forward :(

Could try reaching out to ps support on twitter? I think they're usually active

kris_ffc

Jun 3, 2020
I saw your post in the other thread and went to check my delivery details just in case. I've got the charging station arriving at half 2 at the earliest, and the headset at half 5. Both were showing a street name and postcode only. The charging station updated to include the full address at about half 1, saying they'd now received my order details. The headest delivery is still just street name and postcode. Perhaps some error in the system that will correct itself throughout the rest of the day, and they'll attempt a delivery tomorrow for you with the full address? Getting a bit nervous about the headset now, though.

OP
OP
shadowman16

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
An update, Im speaking to someone else who's a little more on the ball, had my issue escalated (yay) and Im told that this was not an isolated issue, basically:
"believe the reason for this may be an issue that we've been seeing today, that caused some orders to have incomplete details in DPDs database. Could you please provide me a correct shipping address, so that we have all the information we may need to get this sorted out?"

So basically sounds like someone dun messed up when it came to printing labels for some orders. They are actually going to try and expedite a replacement, but again, not holding my breath.

Perhaps some error in the system that will correct itself throughout the rest of the day, and they'll attempt a delivery tomorrow for you with the full address? Getting a bit nervous about the headset now, though.
Doesnt seem likely going on what I was told, but these things seem to change based on who I speak to, Im definitely not holding my breath.

antispin

Oct 27, 2017

Anyway, rant begins:

Huh. That's weird. Almost sounds like the Sony Direct site didn't sync the address properly with the courier service.

Hope you can sort this out, sounds very frustrating. Getting a real person on the other line is increasingly difficult. Try raising it on Twitter.

OP
OP
shadowman16

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. That's weird. Almost sounds like the Sony Direct site didn't sync the address properly with the courier service.

Hope you can sort this out, sounds very frustrating. Getting a real person on the other line is increasingly difficult. Try raising it on Twitter.
Yeah, I think your right on your assumption. I did manage to speak to someone good in the end, and they basically told me the same thing - the labels were fucked up when sent to DPD (which in turn makes verifying your parcel DPD difficult as the info you give them may well not match up with what (little) they have on file.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Doesnt seem likely going on what I was told, but these things seem to change based on who I speak to, Im definitely not holding my breath.

As someone who went through this with PS Direct for The Last Of Us Part 1 Firefly Edition, let me tell you: don't hold your breath.

I know it's frustrating and time consuming, but continue to chat them. It took me 2 months to get to a 'resolution' and I'll be the first to say it wasn't the one I wanted.

Stay on them. Do not let up, not even for a single day.

OP
OP
shadowman16

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who went through this with PS Direct for The Last Of Us Part 1 Firefly Edition, let me tell you: don't hold your breath.

I know it's frustrating and time consuming, but continue to chat them. It took me 2 months to get to a 'resolution' and I'll be the first to say it wasn't the one I wanted.

Stay on them. Do not let up, not even for a single day.
Ah yes, I remember that issue... I'll be sure to keep on them, thanks for the tip. I'll leave it be for today, then see what's going on tomorrow, hopefully they have a more favourable update for me.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, I remember that issue... I'll be sure to keep on them, thanks for the tip. I'll leave it be for today, then see what's going on tomorrow, hopefully they have a more favourable update for me.

I wish you well on your journey to get the PSVR 2! (I know it'll get resolved. It'll just be non-timely. LOL)

DisturbedSwan

Oct 25, 2017
Hampshire, UK.
So sorry to hear you've gone through this shadowman16 , I think a lot of us here in the UK with Horizon Bundles are having much the same issues.

I had a similar issue with my delivery, no tracking information, no dispatch email until about 45 minutes after they attempted delivery earlier today. When I look up the tracking on DPD they it says the first line of my address but no number, no contact number or email.

What has given me hope is the person who attempted delivery took a picture of my parents house (where it is being delivered) which makes me think it does have the right number on the label at least. Is there any picture with yours of where they attempted delivery at all? It might help.

I haven't tried to contact support or anything, did the Reddit method to find out my tracking number and by then it was more or less too late and delivery was missed.

Fingers crossed you find some resolution, I find many online services these days ever dependent on support tickets, live chat etc. rather than being able to speak to an actual person on the phone which is usually so much quicker and easier.

OP
OP
shadowman16

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So sorry to hear you've gone through this shadowman16 , I think a lot of us here in the UK with Horizon Bundles are having much the same issues.

I had a similar issue with my delivery, no tracking information, no dispatch email until about 45 minutes after they attempted delivery earlier today. When I look up the tracking on DPD they it says the first line of my address but no number, no contact number or email.

What has given me hope is the person who attempted delivery took a picture of my parents house (where it is being delivered) which makes me think it does have the right number on the label at least. Is there any picture with yours of where they attempted delivery at all? It might help.

I haven't tried to contact support or anything, did the Reddit method to find out my tracking number and by then it was more or less too late and delivery was missed.

Fingers crossed you find some resolution, I find many online services these days ever dependent on support tickets, live chat etc. rather than being able to speak to an actual person on the phone which is usually so much quicker and easier.
Support wouldnt show me the picture. They said a picture was taken but didnt sound like it was from my house (geographically it didnt sound right at all).

But trust me, that sounds eerily similar to the issue I had. If you need to contact PS support, make sure you mention about the labeling issue, as they should be aware of the issue.

kris_ffc

Jun 3, 2020
Support wouldnt show me the picture. They said a picture was taken but didnt sound like it was from my house (geographically it didnt sound right at all).

But trust me, that sounds eerily similar to the issue I had. If you need to contact PS support, make sure you mention about the labeling issue, as they should be aware of the issue.

Who did you contact in the end? Got a link? Just happened to me. Random photo of a street I don't recognise and a sorry we missed you bullshit.

Dyergram

Nov 26, 2017
This sucks I hope you get your headset asap! And I hope they compensate you for their completely avoidable fuck up.

OP
OP
shadowman16

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Who did you contact in the end? Got a link? Just happened to me. Random photo of a street I don't recognise and a sorry we missed you bullshit.

Contact PlayStation Direct

Click the direct button in the middle, then the chat icon, then you basically have to hope it says "chat online" or something. I fear its closed for the day now though so chat might not be online again until tomorrow :(

If you check your PS Direct order via the site, do you see it say "Return #long number" anywhere? Because that's what mine say now - which I'm guessing means its being returned to them (their site sucks finding info so I honestly have 0 clue)

This sucks I hope you get your headset asap! And I hope they compensate you for their completely avoidable fuck up.
At this point... Im kinda hoping they just refund me once the order reaches them. This experience soured me so much Id rather have my money back and never buy from them again rather than reorder the damned thing. Worst thing is, its unclear when this'll be, as you cant see any details of what's happening to the package now, which I very much dont like (wouldnt put it past them to straight up deny it ever reaches them,leaving me stuck in limbo forever)

kris_ffc

Jun 3, 2020

Contact PlayStation Direct

Click the direct button in the middle, then the chat icon, then you basically have to hope it says "chat online" or something. I fear its closed for the day now though so chat might not be online again until tomorrow :(

If you check your PS Direct order via the site, do you see it say "Return #long number" anywhere? Because that's what mine say now - which I'm guessing means its being returned to them (their site sucks finding info so I honestly have 0 clue)

Yeah, looks like support is done for the day. They're apparently gonna attempt another delivery tomorrow, so doubt I'll even be able to get it sorted in time for that. Utterly useless.

No mention of any return, I guess they'll make their attempt tomorrow and then it'll go from there. The charging station turned up all fine, even though it had the same issue on the tracking with having no house number or name. Label on that was fine though, which is I assume how it was able to correct itself. Glad I went and bought a bunch of games on the store last night, ha.

OP
OP
shadowman16

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So, a new twist...
Checked my orders this morning and it looks as though DPD might reattempt, and the address looks slightly different (namely, it has my house name/number on it, which is sorta a big help lol) - I accidentally changed the headset delivery day to tomorrow assuming it wasnt going to be attempted today, but the dock might still be attempted today (it'll be a good test). So fingers crossed someone managed to intervene and fix this (despite me being told by several people from all parties that it isnt possible) and this thing actually shows up. Not that I have time to try it until next week now...

OP
OP
shadowman16

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
All the best shadowman16 hope you get it today. You too kris_ffc hope your issue gets resolved quickly as well. These scenarios are always nightmare fuel.
yeah, fingers crossed. Im gonna shoot DPD a message when their support opens to get an idea if they really are going to attempt delivery (just so I can keep an eye out), as I was told that these were being sent back to sender!

kris_ffc

Jun 3, 2020
So, a new twist...
Checked my orders this morning and it looks as though DPD might reattempt, and the address looks slightly different (namely, it has my house name/number on it, which is sorta a big help lol) - I accidentally changed the headset delivery day to tomorrow assuming it wasnt going to be attempted today, but the dock might still be attempted today (it'll be a good test). So fingers crossed someone managed to intervene and fix this (despite me being told by several people from all parties that it isnt possible) and this thing actually shows up. Not that I have time to try it until next week now...

Yup, mine has a full address now too. Same thing that happened with the dock yesterday. The update says they received my order details. Same as yesterday. So it's looking positive. If it's anything like yesterday, we should be good now. Fingers crossed for yourself at least!

OP
OP
shadowman16

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, mine has a full address now too. Same thing that happened with the dock yesterday. The update says they received my order details. Same as yesterday. So it's looking positive. If it's anything like yesterday, we should be good now. Fingers crossed for yourself at least!
Yeah, likewise fingers crossed. My dock should in theory arrive today, and since dumbass me changed the delivery of the headset to tomorrow (not realising it may come today), I should have the headset tomorrow. In theory. If not, its another weekend of Yakuza for me (yay!)

DisturbedSwan

Oct 25, 2017
Hampshire, UK.
I had an update at 15:20 yesterday, after this mine now has my full address on and I'm getting email updates.

I hope someone didn't have to go in manually and amend every DPD shipment to update folks' contact details, but I think that's probably what has had to happen lol. I use the DPD web platform at work to ship out orders, no idea how you would mass ship something of this magnitude though but I guess when the shipments were created the website didn't grab the info from the website properly.

Mine is being delivered 11:54-12:54 today now, I'll make sure my old man is in this time to receive it lol. Keeping fingers crossed for you shadowman16 that you get yours today.

OP
OP
shadowman16

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
My only concern on mine is that its not so much my "full address" but rather just a more accurate address. That and the charger dock is scheduled tomorrow and I supplied enough extra notes for the driver that they should be able to find the place, but Im not exactly hopeful.

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long and the short, they tell me that they cant do anything.
This is because the front line Cs staff never have direct contact with important systems/contacts like the courier directly. The staff they forward queries to in the back aren't there to deal with them either, usually its a couple of people at most who have knowledge about who to contact at the courier and they aren't back end support staff. It's just easier for them to waste money on processing the return and reshipping than to have someone who can contact these companies.

So, yeah it's shitty but it's like industry standard for these mid-large companies. The only way you get around it is if a manager picks it up and actually tries to contact somebody who might know what to do.

Also OP, for future reference with dpd you have the option to get it delivered to a pickup point or neighbour if that's an option. Not sure if you want to risk it now since it's out for delivery with the right address.

OP
OP
shadowman16

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
This is because the front line Cs staff never have direct contact with important systems/contacts like the courier directly. The staff they forward queries to in the back aren't there to deal with them either, usually its a couple of people at most who have knowledge about who to contact at the courier and they aren't back end support staff. It's just easier for them to waste money on processing the return and reshipping than to have someone who can contact these companies.

So, yeah it's shitty but it's like industry standard for these mid-large companies. The only way you get around it is if a manager picks it up and actually tries to contact somebody who might know what to do.

Also OP, for future reference with dpd you have the option to get it delivered to a pickup point or neighbour if that's an option. Not sure if you want to risk it now since it's out for delivery with the right address.
Yeah, I get how its sorta messed up with who can and cant do anything. Its just frustrating when I ask them to escalate the issue and they are like "lol, nope". Thankfully the people I spoke to today seem a little more helpful... but yeah Im still very paranoid over this whole thing

OP
OP
shadowman16

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Also, thanks for the tip. Their app is surprisingly good, so I set some extra info up there to see if that helps (we'll see).

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
I feel for you. I don't think it's just PS Direct, every time I've used PlayStation support in the UK it's been cold, unhelpful and made me not want to give them my money. Absolutely horrendous.

daiquiri

Jan 24, 2018
Also in the UK. I had the same thing and was able to redirect the delivery using the DPD app to my local Post Office

Fingers crossed the re-delivery works for you OP

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I get how its sorta messed up with who can and cant do anything. Its just frustrating when I ask them to escalate the issue and they are like "lol, nope". Thankfully the people I spoke to today seem a little more helpful... but yeah Im still very paranoid over this whole thing
Yeah 100% it's anti consumer and a stupid system, just wanted to make sure you didn't think it's the Cs people being lazy.

OP
OP
shadowman16

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Got a delivery slot today of very early afternoon. Fingers crossed they can make it here successfully this time lol.

OP
OP
shadowman16

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Well, the good news is, I got the thing. Had to chase DPD down (in the rain) as the label was still vague as heck, but at least I could stalk my delivery via the app lol.

So now if I get a break from working at the weekend, I'll be give Rez another go! That, Tetris, Moss and RE8 will probably be the first things I try. There's more I wanna play, but I'll just parse them out over time so Ive no shortage of VR goodness to play.

And seriously... PS Direct need to do something about their Customer Service... its not great, even if the agents try their best.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
My experience was great. I only ordered a week or so before the release of it.

It appears the horizon bundle was the one they messed up on

OP
OP
shadowman16

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
It appears the horizon bundle was the one they messed up on
Yeah, its a combo of that and label issues from what I managed to get from PS Direct. But even then, them (Sony) messing up dispatches so most of us got no tracking numbers really made things shitty for both the customer and DPD since nobody knew when to expect the packages.

Gotta say, wont be ordering direct again, that's something I wanna avoid ever dealing with again!

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Well, the good news is, I got the thing. Had to chase DPD down (in the rain) as the label was still vague as heck, but at least I could stalk my delivery via the app lol.

So now if I get a break from working at the weekend, I'll be give Rez another go! That, Tetris, Moss and RE8 will probably be the first things I try. There's more I wanna play, but I'll just parse them out over time so Ive no shortage of VR goodness to play.

And seriously... PS Direct need to do something about their Customer Service... its not great, even if the agents try their best.

Glad to see you got it.