• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Slightly wonky title but thread title character limits hit me hard.

Basically, Final Fantasy VII Remake Integrade was added to the PS+ Extra library today as one of the big adds for the month. That's the full PS5 edition, complete with the Yuffie DLC. However, if you already own FF7R - or if you redeemed it when the PS4 version was given away as a PS+ freebie back in March last year - you're unable to redeem Integrade and you can't download the DLC separately. The store simply tells you that it's 'unavailable' or gives you an error, telling you that you already own another version.

So any of us that already bought the game (day one baby) or redeemed a previous PS+ addition are seemingly screwed out of this month's content drop and can't play the DLC that everyone else will get. BOOOOOOO.

Screenshot-2022-07-19-at-11-39-52-FINAL-FANTASY-VII-REMAKE-INTERGRADE.png

Today's PS+ drop hasn't landed in North American yet (timezones) so if you're there and can't see anything yet that is why.

It has dropped in Europe/ROW though and multiple of us in the PS+ OT have confirmed the above.

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
This has to be a glitch/bug and will be fixed within the week I imagine. Everything else would be a very bad look on Sony

Stimpack

Oct 27, 2017
Hasn't this been an issue in the past? Something about redeeming previous editions and having the store lock you out of upgrades.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This has to be a glitch/bug and will be fixed within the week I imagine. Everything else would be a very bad look on Sony

Oh obviously, but this keeps happening. They should at least do something long term, or communicate what they're doing to have a long term fix instead of just having this happen every time and them reacting.

It feels like every couple of weeks there's either a glitch, or Sony reversing a bad policy.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they fix it soon. I remember they fixed the PS+ PS4-->PS5 upgrade issue as well.

Gol

Nov 4, 2017
Glad I'm not the only one who's been having trouble. Just says I own ff7 ps4. I can download the ps5 upgrade for base ff7 ps5 however.

Embedded

Oct 27, 2017
Sony needs to redesign the entire store and infrastructure.
I subscribed to Extra last week and i was surprised to see that i had to add to my library the PS+ Extra edition and then download.
Why not just let me download it?

Also they send emails for 0.00€ transactions each time i add to my library an Extra game.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing that they keep on running into these same, obtuse issues. And chances are they won't do anything about it unless there's a lot of media attention, then they'll either try and fix it belatedly, or ignore it and hope it gets swept under the rug.

I subscribed to Extra last week and i was surprised to see that i had to add to my library the PS+ Extra edition and then download.

Also they send emails for 0.00€ transactions each time i add to my library an Extra game.

They did, and in the process, removed PS3/Vita functionality and made the webstore worse lol.

G_O

Oct 28, 2017
I think benifit of the doubt on this one. HAs to be a glitch more than them being typical Sony

Although you would think they woudl be prepared for this?

AEF1907

Dec 18, 2021
I couldn't Upgrade my PS4 Disc version of FF7R to Intergrade because i redeemed the ps+ version for whatever reason.
I was able to solve it by hiding the ps+ plus version in my library.
Maybe it is the case here too? Try to hide your other FF7R versions in the library.
Library--->Find the game--->Press the Options button--->Hide.

Last edited:

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
Hopefully it's a quick fix on Sony's end.
I bought FF7 R a while ago but only recently started playing it (close to finishing) and would love to play Yuffie DLC next.

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
The backend of their store is extremely poorly designed, and can't really distinguish between editions in any useful manner. That's basically the cause of this entirely predictable kerfuffle.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
On the subject of PS Plus licenses but not FFVII, one of the monthly games offered this month is Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time. I managed to find a physical copy that wasn't £50 recently and ordered it which came the day after the PS Plus updated to add it. PS4 disc has a PS5 upgrade, inserted the disc into the console and it displayed the upgrade prompt BUT because it's offered on PS Plus and I have a PS Plus sub, you can't do the free upgrade from physical disc. It only offers the PS Plus Add to Library option. I passed the info and stuff onto PS Support who said they would investigate but I haven't heard anything back yet - suspect I will need to wait until August to do the free upgrade tho.

PS really needs to sort it's licenses system out.

(They won't tho.)

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Dunno why i thought Sony sorted out these issues quite some time ago. XD
Heck, some games on Extra section still shows as Premium only. It feels like they don't have anyone there to check psn if everything is ok with the games added to subscription service.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
I was like, didn't they already say this was going to happen, but that was the PS4 version.

Yeah, no one should be surprised that Sony still doesn't have their shit together. They do not care. It'll be fixed whenever they get around to fixing it. Or not.
I got a 'Thank you for your transaction' email last night when I downloaded the free Apple Music app on my PS5.

Chill, PlayStation email person!
Getting a "Thanks for your purchase" message after claiming a "Free" Plus game causes a brief moment of panic every time it happens when I think, "Oh, God. Did I click Buy instead of Add to Library?"

Shit is infuriating.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Ah that sucks. Hope they can fix the issue. PSN backend is a horror show.

It would be nice if they stop sending the purchase emails for everything as well. Anything you "purchase" even if it's 0.00, you get spammed with "thanks for your purchase". It's nice to have a confirmation I guess, but it fills my inbox lol

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
This was ironically the reason why some people didn't claim the PS4 PS+ version, because they were worried it would conflict with the disk upgrade, turns out it just conflicted with the Intergrade Extra version lol.
Dunno why i thought Sony sorted out these issues quite some time ago. XD
Heck, some games on Extra section still shows as Premium only. It feels like they don't have anyone there to check psn if everything is ok with the games added to subscription service.
Yes I noticed this with Observer, Premium only. Very confused. They fixed that game like a week ago.
Always a minor shock when you see "thank you for your purchase" and its some free DLC lol.

Ewaan

May 29, 2020
Motherwell, Scotland
When I had a look earlier, the Digital Deluxe version of FFVII Remake Intergrade is available on PS+ Extra as well as the standard version. I can't test it myself as I never redeemed FFVII Remake Intergrade through PS+ in the past, but perhaps redeeming the Digital Deluxe version is a work around?

EDIT: When I searched for it now, it seems like that is not the case. I was sure it showed as included around 9am BST this morning.

lion9t

Unshakable Resolve
Aug 4, 2021
so the Yuffi DLC included with extra subs? i thought FF VII R intergrated is only the PS5 version without the DLC.. however the intermission is with DLC ..??

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I got a 'Thank you for your transaction' email last night when I downloaded the free Apple Music app on my PS5.

Chill, PlayStation email person!

This still scares the shit out of me every time

Check a game's DLC and see it has something free, download it, then hours later check my email

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PURCHASE

"Oh shit has someone hacked my account and started buying stuff?"

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
Oh obviously, but this keeps happening. They should at least do something long term, or communicate what they're doing to have a long term fix instead of just having this happen every time and them reacting.

It feels like every couple of weeks there's either a glitch, or Sony reversing a bad policy.

Yeah the one with the PS subscription costs when you previously bought PS+ on sale was definitely weird

OP
OP
ghostcrew

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
When I had a look earlier, the Digital Deluxe version of FFVII Remake Intergrade is available on PS+ Extra as well as the standard version. I can't test it myself as I never redeemed FFVII Remake Intergrade through PS+ in the past, but perhaps redeeming the Digital Deluxe version is a work around?

Does not work unfortunately. It's 'unavailable' to me too.

OP
OP
ghostcrew

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
so the Yuffi DLC included with extra subs? i thought FF VII R intergrated is only the PS5 version without the DLC.. however the intermission is with DLC ..??

Yeah, the bundle on PS+ Extra includes the Yuffie DLC.

blog.playstation.com

PlayStation Plus Game Catalog lineup for July: Stray, Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade, Marvel’s Avengers

Also added this month: Assassin’s Creed, Saints Row games, LocoRoco Midnight Carnival and more.

Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade | PS5
This expanded version of Final Fantasy VII Remake has been enhanced for PS5, offering extra immersion with the DualSense controller, improved visuals, and comes bundled with FF7R Episode INTERmission, an exhilarating new story as Wutai ninja Yuffie Kisaragi infiltrates Midgar to steal the ultimate materia.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Does anyone know how this works if you did the free ps5 upgrade from the ps4 version? As of right now I only have Remake for PS5 without Intermission and really only want the Yuffie DLC.

OP
OP
ghostcrew

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know how this works if you did the free ps5 upgrade from the ps4 version? As of right now I only have Remake for PS5 without Intermission and really only want the Yuffie DLC.

That's me. Doesn't work.

I bought FF7R PS4 day one. Did the free PS5 upgrade when it came out.

Can't redeem Yuffie DLC (or the full Integrade package).

wayward_

Oct 29, 2020
Huh - I imagine (hope) this will be resolved fairly quickly, but still a shame that it seems to be happening this often. This was going to be my excuse to dive back in and play the PS5 version of Remake!

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands

I'm afraid you have to buy it; which would really suck. So if I were you I would wait a bit and see if Sony resolves this mess.

I already bought Intermission previously, heh. I was hoping that I could use the PS Extra game to just claim the digital version (I upgraded from PS4 Disc version) so I wouldnt have to swap discs; but nope ]:[

soulzonik

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
The DLC (only the DLC) at least is possible to purchase? Not redeem, purchase - it has a price?

I'm thinking that maybe a simple solution would be offer the DLC for PS+ Extra subscribers, if that's the case.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Funny enough, I was thinking this morning that I was going to have this issue given that I owned the PS+ version, but it just let me add Intergrade without any issue. I guess it changes depending on region or account?

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Have you done it from the previous PS+ version, or a disc version? I upgraded my PS4 disc to PS5 last year, and was able to claim PS+ Extra Intergrade version, and download just the Yuffie DLC with no issues from the mobile app.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly was expecting this to be the case if you only had the PS4 version. What about if you already own the PS5 version on PS Plus?

Hopefully they fix it soon. I remember they fixed the PS+ PS4-->PS5 upgrade issue as well.
They never did. I actually decided to contact customer support just a few weeks ago to finally get them to remove the PS4 version Plus license I redeemed last year, just so I could get the PS5 version. They never even fixed the screen where you actually redeem the game too.

mAtXaES.jpg

One is the PS4 version, the other is the PS5 one. If pick the wrong one, then I guess you have to contact support again lol. This is also buried by the way behind the PS5's awful triple dot menu design.

Edit:
A correction to this because I have forgotten how confusing this was. I needed customer support to remove the "disc PS5 upgrade license" that I redeemed when they offered it as an option (I have a physical PS4 copy of FF7R). The disc upgrade was preventing me from getting the PS5 PS Plus version. I just told customer support that I lost my physical copy, without knowing that I would be prevented from getting the Plus version since they wanted a reason on why I was wanting to remove something from my account.

The screen above that shows Game twice is for 2 different licenses:

- the disc upgrade again (this is the one I wanted to avoid)
- the free PS4 -> PS5 PS Plus version upgrade for existing owners that redeemed the PS4 Plus version in the past (which I also already had before)

Last edited:

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bit confused, this game is being put on the extra catalog so you can theoretically download it at anytime correct? Like gamepass.

It's not a part of the games that are being given away for free which you can only get that month and then the next month is something else.

Am I correct?

OP
OP
ghostcrew

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Have you done it from the previous PS+ version, or a disc version? I upgraded my PS4 disc to PS5 last year, and was able to claim PS+ Extra Intergrade version, and download just the Yuffie DLC with no issues from the mobile app.

Maybe it's just digital owners? Seeing as they already have a digital license for a previous version.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I'm a bit confused, this game is being put on the extra catalog so you can theoretically download it at anytime correct? Like gamepass.

It's not a part of the games that are being given away for free which you can only get that month and then the next month is something else.

Am I correct?

yeah, this is part of the PS+ Extra Game Catalog

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Am I correct?

That's all correct. And they still managed to break it.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
I really believe it's an error, unfortunate yes, and not the first if it's kind.

Lets give them a little time before the pejorative and hyperbole

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
I honestly was expecting this to be the case if you only had the PS4 version. What about if you already own the PS5 version on PS Plus?

They never did. I actually decided to contact customer support just a few weeks ago to finally get them to remove the PS4 version Plus license I redeemed last year, just so I could get the PS5 version. They never even fixed the screen where you actually redeem the game too.

mAtXaES.jpg

One is the PS4 version, the other is the PS5 one. If pick the wrong one, then I guess you have to contact support again lol. This is also buried by the way behind the PS5's awful triple dot menu design.
Holy shit. Why are they being paid for over there to develop a menu where the choices are

GAME
or
GAME

Fuck's sake, Sony. Embarrassing.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds wonky, and probably more to blame on the shitty store and strange way the version select and licenses works.
This is probably not intentional though, I assume this will be fixed quickly.

Feb 16, 2022

Because then people would have to download it to gain access to it, which would cause more complaints. Adding to library first means people wouldn't have to start a download to gain ownership rights.