• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Maybe it's just digital owners? Seeing as they already have a digital license for a previous version.
That, I don't know. But it seems that PS5 upgrades of disc versions are treated as digital anyway, after I upgraded a PS4 disc of AC Valhalla last year to PS5, then uninstalled and sold the disc, I saw "Purchased' next to Valhalla on PS+ Extra, but was still able to add the PS+ version to library. Leads me to believe it's a FF7R specific issue.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
I bought FF7Remake day1. I just downloaded Integrade just about now out of interest seeing it in the library. My current machine is the PS5. I think it's weird they can have consistency with this sort of thing. Maybe location based?
I subscribed to Extra last week and i was surprised to see that i had to add to my library the PS+ Extra edition and then download.
Why not just let me download it?
I thought it was kind of weird, too many times I just go back to menu and then figure out it didn't automatically download.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit. Why are they being paid for over there to develop a menu where the choices are

GAME
or
GAME

Fuck's sake, Sony. Embarrassing.
To be fair, I think this is pretty much an edge case since I had to get them to remove a license from my account. But, the fact that I had to do that in the first place just to be able to add the PS5 version is dumb too.

OP
OP
ghostcrew

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I bought FF7Remake day1. I just downloaded Integrade just about now out of interest seeing it in the library. My current machine is the PS5. I think it's weird they can have consistency with this sort of thing. Maybe location based?

Had you ever done the PS5 upgrade before? Or are you going from PS4 version to Integrade?

Just double checked on the website this time (because there are sometimes inconsistencies between the console store and the webstore) but, alas:

PzzGGJw.jpg

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
That's me. Doesn't work.

I bought FF7R PS4 day one. Did the free PS5 upgrade when it came out.

Can't redeem Yuffie DLC (or the full Integrade package).

I'm afraid you have to buy it; which would really suck. So if I were you I would wait a bit and see if Sony resolves this mess.

I already bought Intermission previously, heh. I was hoping that I could use the PS Extra game to just claim the digital version (I upgraded from PS4 Disc version) so I wouldnt have to swap discs; but nope ]:[

Have you done it from the previous PS+ version, or a disc version? I upgraded my PS4 disc to PS5 last year, and was able to claim PS+ Extra Intergrade version, and download just the Yuffie DLC with no issues from the mobile app.

Yikes, yeah, I upgraded from PS4 disc to PS5 "disc". That's kind of annoying, I hope it gets sorted out soon, seems like a weird oversight.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Had you ever done the PS5 upgrade before? Or are you going from PS4 version to Integrade?

Just double checked on the website this time (because there are sometimes inconsistencies between the console store and the webstore) but, alas:
I only played the game FF7R via PS4 digital. I have never upgraded before. I just searched up the FF7R integrade via the psplus games, added into library and then downloaded. I didn't need to select any version. It just downloaded the PS5 version automatically and also downloaded intermission first since it showed it downloaded complete separately.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly was expecting this to be the case if you only had the PS4 version. What about if you already own the PS5 version on PS Plus?

They never did. I actually decided to contact customer support just a few weeks ago to finally get them to remove the PS4 version Plus license I redeemed last year, just so I could get the PS5 version. They never even fixed the screen where you actually redeem the game too.

mAtXaES.jpg

One is the PS4 version, the other is the PS5 one. If pick the wrong one, then I guess you have to contact support again lol. This is also buried by the way behind the PS5's awful triple dot menu design.

Damn. I know Square even tweeted about this IIRC. Guess it was still an issue. How shit.

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having a similar problem with Locoroco, I have an old license but it says "not available for purchase"

limone

Feb 4, 2022
Italy
Oh fuck, I really wanted to have some quick interruptions to my RE saga replay with Yuffie and smol cat, this is annoying

03sho

Nov 2, 2017
They never fixed it when it was an issue months back and I don't have much hope they'll fix it now. So annoying and shameful that this is even an issue.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
Damn, I thought they fixed this the first time it happened lol 🤦‍♂️

Sony needs to get people to test this shit better. Just a few days ago, I discovered Saints Row 2 isn't playable, despite being listed in the Classic Games section.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
i don't know why, but it seems like it works for me?

I bought FF7:RE on PS4 and bought the digital Upgrade when Intergrade released for 30€.

I can download FF7:RE through PS-Plus.

Same. I really wonder if this is an US-only issue? I got FFVIIR on disc at launch, then got the PS+ version, then used the disc upgrade and it let me just add Intergrade without any issue today.

OP
OP
ghostcrew

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Same. I really wonder if this is an US-only issue? I got FFVIIR on disc at launch, then got the PS+ version, then used the disc upgrade and it let me just add Intergrade without any issue today.

I don't think the monthly stuff has even launched in the US yet. I'm in Europe (UK).

Joo

May 25, 2018
It seems like nothing was done to fix this previously when the problem was found. I'm sure it'll be fixed, like it has to, but it's just unbelievable that they advertise and release this for PS+ without making sure that a known issue doesn't happen again and it actually works for everyone. There's not a chance in hell that it wasn't known internally what was going to happen if you already have certain licenses on your account.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think the monthly stuff has even launched in the US yet. I'm in Europe (UK).

Then I wonder what's up with it, because everyone I've asked around with my same experience didn't have any issue adding the game today. Oh well, hope Sony fixes this up for fucking once.

Solobbos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Finnish guy here: I got the disc upgrade and am not able to download or "redeem" Intergrade.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
the amount of varied accounts given by people here from around the world about the situation should really give you the picture of how messed the backend is.

I bought Intermission so this is not really something I was looking to redeem but goddamn does this sound frustrating.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
They never fixed the issue for PS+ version. I'm not sure why anyone thinks they are going to fix this.

I had to call them and ask them to revoke the upgrade on the disc version to make it work.

I have no expectation of any universal fix coming.

Kattbuss

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
In Sweden here and I can only find my purchased (non ps+) PS4 and upgraded PS5 version for download. None of the other versions or the separate DLC for intermission is available for download on the app. I'll check on the console later. No worries for me, I wasn't going to play it right away anyway but I hope they fix it soon.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
UK here, redeemed the base game when it was available on PS+, redeemed the PS5 upgrade for the PS+ version when that became available. Cannot download intergrade with the Yuffie content added as it's 'unavailable'.

Honestly, can't say I'm surprised. Sony needs to get that backend sorted out, it's really stupid.

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
Lol I saw this coming and therefore never added FFVII to my library when it was included in PS Plus. They had these caveats where you wouldn't be able to upgrade to Intergrade for $10 if you took the free PS Plus version and I just knew that would fuck up the licenses in some way.

I shouldn't be surprised I'm right but I still find it insane that Sony didn't have this foresight.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
Are we sure the Extra license option is up in the US? I don't see a way to add any of today's games to my library yet.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
I just signed up for Premium today to play Stray and this whole thing is a complete mess. Its near impossible to even find the option to sign up for Extra rather than premium, and a lot of games that are in the extra tier show up as only being available for premium.

When I selected Stray from the front page of the store on my PS5 it suggested I buy premium... to STREAM Stray. Wat?

I also accidentally started streaming MK11 as I went to download it and for some reason the game collection takes you to a version of the game that only gives you the option to stream it. There are like 4 other versions of it, only one of which lets you download the PS5 version via the game collection. You can still buy the Ultimate edition, but I think the game collection version is the ultimate version? Its terrible.

TheStebe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
London
UK Here and its very interesting.

I had the ps4 disc version originally. I upgraded to the ps5 version from that.

Now for the final fantasy 7 remake intergrade which includes the intermission dlc i have seen the Download option on my side and it downloaded without issues. I wonder if either they just fixed it or i just got lucky 🤔

Hyaku Shiki

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Lol I saw this coming and therefore never added FFVII to my library when it was included in PS Plus. They had these caveats where you wouldn't be able to upgrade to Intergrade for $10 if you took the free PS Plus version and I just knew that would fuck up the licenses in some way.

I shouldn't be surprised I'm right but I still find it insane that Sony didn't have this foresight.
Same for me. I even called up my brother and told him to not grab it for free that month because this could happen each time. It feels bad that it again happened.

Deleted member 18847

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a real mess. I wanted to buy GTA5 awhile ago when it was on sale so I didn't have to dig out my disc but was unable to purchase it because I had redeemed some insignificant piece of DLC for my disc version.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I own the PS5 version only so if I can't download the DLC that really sucks - hope they fix it.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I would give them about 1 week for them to fix this. It's not set in stone.

As far as I am aware, they did fix the PS+ version where you couldn't download the free PS5 upgrade. (Base version)

Likely they can't fix things until it's released and in the wild.

If I can't redeem the PS Extra version, I will just upgrade my PS4 copy to the Ps5 base model and be done with it. I do hope they fix it.

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
That's me. Doesn't work.

I bought FF7R PS4 day one. Did the free PS5 upgrade when it came out.

Can't redeem Yuffie DLC (or the full Integrade package).

Likewise, wrote about it in the PS+ announcement thread. I knew this was going to be an issue because I couldn't ever claim the free upgrade for the PS+ version, as I wanted to get rid of my PS4 disc and play the PS5 version via my PS+ copy.

Same here. This should probably teach us something about Sony and upgrades.

Definitely just a Sony thing. I was able to switch over to the PS+ version of AC: Valhalla from my PS4 free upgrade and no longer need the disc.

Didn't matter if you obtained FFVII:R through PS+ or not. I have the PS4 disc version and I can't claim the Intergrade upgrade.

Last edited:

Rsinart

Oct 27, 2017
Damn I bought a disc of FF7 remake when it came out, beat the game. But I never upgraded or played the dlc was really hoping to play through this. Hope there is a work around.

Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales
UK here. Can download Integrade with the Yuffee DLC, didn't initially get FFVII on PS+ as bought a PS4 copy and upgraded it to the PS5 version that way. Shows i can buy it for £69.97 if i decide to go that way.

Kunjiru

Apr 14, 2020
Of course they have issues. Would be surprised if they haven't fucked up anything for once