• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
There were leaks for October saying Diablo III and Nioh that got me overhyped and instead we got Friday The 13th and Laser League so I'm much more hesitant with these now

Edit: Nevermind, this is way more legit. That's cool

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
What an amazing month. I recently finished Yakuza 0 and was going to buy Kiwami soon.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played the remaster for Bulletstorm, but I played the original game and it's ridiculously bonkers, in a way I feel like Doom 2016 was inspired by its fuck-it-all attitude, albeit they are largely different gameplay models of course.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Hey, that's great! I was actually planning to start the Yakuza series after finishing Nioh, though there's RDR2 coming too so... :(

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
nothing again for me. Kiwami is a good game, happy for people who have been on the fence regarding the series.

Print_Dog

Oct 27, 2017
I've almost pulled the trigger on Kiwami a few times. Never tried Bulletstorm, but I'm down for a campaign. Good month for me. Better than October.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yes! I have 0 but hadn't picked up Kiwami. And always up for some more Bulletstorm.
Yes I'm in the same spot! I didn't buy Kiwami 1 because I had 0 and I didn't buy kiwami 2 because I played 6. I can kinda only tolerate 1 yakuza a year. So now I will get kiwami for free!

And waggleton p tallykicker is a national hero.

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Bulketstorm is the perfect plus freebie for me. I wanted to try it again but couldn't work out how much I think it's worth. Free it is!

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
Almost got both in summer, so colour me happy! So I'll have call of cthulhu, yakuza, maybe Blops, and bulletstorm as palate cleanser. Nice!

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played a little of bulletstorm on the PS3 and it was pretty fun. Definitely will play that again on PS4.

Yakuza I'm gonna have to ignore till I get around to getting 0. Wish 0 was free instead.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Bulletstorm is amazing, own it already but happy for anyone who gets to play it for the first time .

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Kiwami is the Japanese word for stop putting off the Yakuza games.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza Kiwami is a really stupid choice from Sega. It should have been Zero which is the best entry point to the franchise. They ruined a really good chance to get people into their series.
No, they didn't. Kiwami is the first game remade, as such it's a perfect place to start. In fact, I consider it the best place to start. 0 was the 6th mainline entry and featured a ton of improvements that the series had gone through, it's very weird to go from 0 to Yakuza 1 just with modern graphics and QoL improvements. New fans are ending up disappointed with Kiwami even tho it's a great game simply because they started with 0, one of the best and refined entries. Playing Kiwami first will make you appreciate it more.

God, I dread how people are going to react to the re-releases of Yakuza 3, 4, and 5. All great games of their time, but in a post-0 and Kiwami 2 world it's probably going to be rough for them.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
YYFYwQ1.gif

BionicDreamer

Nov 6, 2017
No, they didn't. Kiwami is the first game remade, as such it's a perfect place to start. In fact, I consider it the best place to start. 0 was the 6th mainline entry and featured a ton of improvements that the series had gone through, it's very weird to go from 0 to Yakuza 1 just with modern graphics and QoL improvements. New fans are ending up disappointed with Kiwami even tho it's a great game simply because they started with 0, one of the best and refined entries. Playing Kiwami first will make you appreciate it more.

God, I dread how people are going to react to the re-releases of Yakuza 3, 4, and 5. All great games of their time, but in a post-0 and Kiwami 2 world it's probably going to be rough for them.

I think the biggest problem might be that people start with Kiwami and actually get turned off instead of on like Zero would've made them! THAT GAME TURNS EVERYONE ON!

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While you *CAN* play the Yakuza series in order because of how straight forward the story is told I feel like release order would still be best as there are a lot of really good nods to the other games in Yakuza 0 that new players would be completely oblivious to.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
I've never played any Yakuza. What exactly is Kiwami and where does it stand in the timeline? There is a timeline, right?

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I've never played any Yakuza. What exactly is Kiwami and where does it stand in the timeline? There is a timeline, right?

Kiwami means extreme

Yakuza Kiwami is a remake of Yakuza 1, the first title from 2005.

Timeline wise, the games are chronological. Each title is set in the year it released with the exception of Yakuza 0, which is a prequel to the first game.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
man, I hope there are as few newcomers as possible who gets turned off of Yakuza because they played Kiwami first.

Sony really should have offered Zero instead.

ctj

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area, California
Bulletstorm is great. I've never played a Yakuza game, but since Kiwami is a remake of 1 that should be a good place to start, right?

Suikodan

Oct 25, 2017
Too bad that I wanted to play Kiwami right after finishing 0. Bulletstorm had an excellent campaign. Really loved it.

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Bulletstorm was a PS3 PS+ in 2012 but the german version was horribly cut. Will probably the same on PS4... OH SHIT, Gearbox had the full clip version checked again and now it's uncut germany again (it's of the index now). WOOHOO. Time to finally play this.