• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JCHandsom

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
YYFYwQ1.gif

Yakuza has the best gifs

Oct 25, 2017
Could be a mistake or placeholder. I'm only saying this because last months games were also "leaked" and it ended up not being true.
Last month was a ps store glitch showcasing a possibility of those title being free on PS+ (not outright saying they would be free). This requires someone to actually deliberately make a banner saying November PS+ games. Zero doubt that this is the currently planned lineup unless some last minute changes happen.

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
Could be a mistake or placeholder. I'm only saying this because last months games were also "leaked" and it ended up not being true.

Besides being on the official Playstation page, Yakuza games have already been part of the IGC for PS3 so those make a lot of sense, specially since Sega would like to push for people getting the rest of Kiwami, and I'm sorry but anyone who believed Diablo III would have been there, expecting a free game from blizzard and even more when they are just releasing it for Switch, was delusional, I can see Nioh eventually for Nioh 2.

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
Recently played Zero for the first time (my first entry in to the series) so I'm hip to this.

HyGogg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice, I played the first Yakuza on PS2, but I'm playing Zero now and could go for Kiwami. My girlfriend has been telling me she wants to try Yakuza as well so having one we can share on PS4 helps that.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Also funny this is yet again a month with a Yakuza game that is leaked early. Y4 (or was it Y5?) was erroneously made free a month before it was added to PS+

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That would be a great lineup. I played Bulletstorm on XBox 360 and it deserves a second playthrough. I am still not finished with Yakuza 0 but it would be nice to know that the next title is already available in my download list.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
A little PSA for those who are going to wait until after they've played Zero. Don't play them back-to-back, give each game a little breathing room, you will burn out.

Keith Stat

Oct 25, 2017
For those excited about trying out a Yakuza game for the first time - you should be! Kiwami is an excellent game!

However, I can't stress starting with Yakuza 0 first! It really fleshes out the story and a lot of the characters you will see in Kiwami. Honestly, Kiwami felt more like an add-on to Yakuza 0 (not meant as a slight, just that it's much shorter in length and expands on what happens in 0).

Yakuza 0 is $20 right now. I took a chance on it and I can honestly say it's definitely one of my top 3 games of this generation.

Really excited that more will get the chance to try this series out!

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
I've complained about every PS Plus lineup for like 6 months but major props to Sony. Bulletstorm I could take or leave, but atleast it's a fun older singleplayer game. And Kiwami is a HUGE get. Really, really awesome

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
For all those who are saying to play Yakuza 0 before Kiwami...................... why? Zero has tons of little callbacks and works perfectly as a "fanservice" prequel after you've played the other games.

Deleted member 1067

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For all those who are saying to play Yakuza 0 before Kiwami...................... why? Zero has tons of little callbacks and works perfectly as a "fanservice" prequel after you've played the other games.
Because it's also designed to be the new canon intro to the series and Kiwami is designed with that in mind, having both plot and side content constantly reference it.

Also because it's ludically designed to be played after 0, with normal in Kiwami being harder than hard in 0.

Like seriously people: if you play K first, play it on easy.

I really can't stress it enough because the game will totally frustrate the hell out of you most likely if you aren't used to the gameplay systems of 0 coming in like the game expects you to be.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Woah, held off on buying Kwiami after playing 0 as I wanted a break so I didn't burn out, so this is really great news!

Bulletstorm is a great pick up and play FPS, too. Very good month imo.

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia

Yeah, I'll never understand that, You gain more finally getting some information, the game is way more impactful answering question than giving the answers before you even had the questions in the first place, and even just from gameplay perspective it is never a good idea playing the latest one before a game that was released before, it would be like saying, it is a good idea to play Birth by Sleep or heck X before playing KH I.

Like others have mention, better take a break from Yakuza for a while before starting another one, really easy to get burned out with this series, I completed 0 like 2-3 months ago and I believe I'm still not ready for another one for quite a while

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
Because it's also designed to be the new canon intro to the series and Kiwami is designed with that in mind, having both plot and side content constantly reference it.

Also because it's ludically designed to be played after 0, with normal in Kiwami being harder than hard in 0.

I really can't stress it enough because the game will totally frustrate the hell out of you most likely if you aren't used to the gameplay systems of 0 coming in like the game expects you to be.

Interesting, I haven't played Kiwami yet but played the OG series and then Zero, so I'm not really familiar with how Kiwami has treated Zero from a gameplay perspective

Deleted member 1067

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'll never understand that, You gain more finally getting some information, the game is way more impactful answering question than giving the answers before you even had the questions in the first place, and even just from gameplay perspective it is never a good idea playing the latest one before a game that was released before, it would be like saying, it is a good idea to play Birth by Sleep or heck X before playing KH I.
That's a really bad comparison as unlike KH RGGS remade both Y1 and 2 after 0 intentionally to act as sequels to 0.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow a not shitty month. Kiwami's actually the only ps4 yakuza I don't have digitally either so this works for me, and Bulletstorm was a fantastic game last gen.

Latpri

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
You know, when Bulletstorm came out I talked a lot of shit about it, but looking back it was probably the best FPS of that year. The only way you could argue against it would require calling Human Revolution or Portal 2 FPSes which, I mean, they are, but they arent really what comes to mind when I say FPS.

Deleted member 8106

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why people refuse to believe this line-up? We got Yakuza 4 and 5 on Plus already, so having another one is nothing new. Bulletstorm is a remastered of an old PS3 game, so again nothing new under the sun. It's not that Sony is giving away the last God of War.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Should have been Yakuza 0 like many have said. It also wouldn't be much to ask considering 0 is now under the Playstation essentials line on PSN so only costs ÂŁ15.99 to actually buy.

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
Cool, I finished the main story of Yakuza 0 but wasn't about to buy another game in the series so close to it, so I waited. I didn't even go back to finish up any of the side content.

I'll definitely play Kiwami at some point.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
I just bought Kiwami last week. Oh, well. + is expiring next month and I don't plan on reupping.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
I'm glad it's 1 not 0 cause I already experienced 0 via Giant Bomb.

I don't know when I'll have time to play it, but I'll claim it for sure.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
man, I hope there are as few newcomers as possible who gets turned off of Yakuza because they played Kiwami first.

Sony really should have offered Zero instead.
If they get turned off by Kiwami then the series isn't for them. Just because 0 is better doesn't mean Kiwami isn't great.

Kiwami's difficulty is because Yakuza 1 was challenging, and they stayed true to it. I actually had to drop down to Easy in Yakuza 1 during the second Majima fight (you only fought Majima twice in Yakuza 1, Kiwami really fucked Majima's presence up) because I forgot health items and I was trapped in the location without a previous save outside.

Last edited:

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Already beat Kiwami, but it's good. Maybe finally some of my friend will give the serie a frigging chance. Bulletstorm is the kind of game I would never buy, but will give it a try now (if this leak is true)

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Might actually replay Bulletstorm, was a fun shooter back in the day and they don't make these kind of game anymore.
Meh at Yakuza Kiwami. Bought the game but didn't play it yet. Basically wasted 20€ now - that's why you don't buy games you won't play directly I guess :(

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Good. Hopefully this gives the series a little bit more exposure. I can understand why they won't give 0 away since that's their magnum opus in the recent localized entries even if it's only $20 at this point.

I still feel 0 or the original PS2 game is the best entry point but K1 is a pretty good one too minus the little small calls to 0.

I also been curious about bulletstorm for a while. Might check it out finally.

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
If they get turned off by Kiwami then the series isn't for them. Just because 0 is better doesn't mean Kiwami isn't great.

Kiwami's difficulty is because Yakuza 1 was challenging, and they stayed true to it. I actually had to drop down to Easy in Yakuza 1 during the second Majima fight (you only fought Majima twice in Yakuza 1, Kiwami really fucked Majima's presence up) because I forgot health items and I was trapped in the location without a previous save outside.

Kiwami isn't great though, it's just OK if you like Yakuza and pretty bad if you don't. If you start from Kiwami you'd probably think the side stories in Yakuza are boring timewasters, while they're one of the strongest points of Zero. Kiwami has a lot less minigames compared to Zero, and none of them is as good as Majima's cabaret club management. Majima himself is a clown 90% of the time, and while I found it funny, a newcomer could think that's his role in the series but it's not. I could see someone getting into the series with Kiwami, sure, but Zero would've been so much better as an introduction.

radiotoxic

Oct 27, 2017
You know what? I don't think this was a mistake. Sony knows their October lineup for PS Plus stinks, so they want to build some excitement for next month and avoid the lapse of many subscriptions.

Last edited:

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kiwami has two (potentially three) bullshit terribly-designed boss fights, and the sidequests are super boring. Both of these things can very reasonably give someone the wrong idea about this franchise. Neither Zero nor Kiwami 2 has any such problems.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Kiwami has two (potentially three) bullshit terribly-designed boss fights, and the sidequests are super boring. Both of these things can very reasonably give someone the wrong idea about this franchise. Neither Zero nor Kiwami 2 has any such problems.
Didn't stop me with Yakuza 1, which I didn't play till 2010. I'll say it again, if you hate Kiwami then the series isn't for you. It's great and 100% Yakuza. I really hate the chip 0 put on peoples shoulders in regards to all the other entries.