• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 1378

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
via gearnuke

psplus-homepage-marquee-portal-01-us-02oct18

Available for anyone to go check.

Awesome month. Bulletstorm is underappreciated and Yakuza being exposed to the masses is even better.

Here's a direct link to prove it.

Last edited:

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
Excellent that yakuza kiwami is being used , perfect exposure to the series
Also bulletstorm is great

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yay, Yakuza Kiwami! I've been itching to get a physical copy of it but it being on PS+ next month is just as good.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Why has this been announced so early? An accident?

Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza Kiwami is a really stupid choice from Sega. It should have been Zero which is the best entry point to the franchise. They ruined a really good chance to get people into their series.

Deleted member 8106

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Should've made it Yakuza Zero! But not a bad month.
Eh, I predicted Kiwami to be available on Plus months ago. Well, it's not that there's something to predict, really, but Kiwami launched for a budget price of 30€, while 0 still sold a lot of copies for 60€ and only recently it got a price cut, so Kiwami was the safe bet.
But...if I'd be Sega, I'd wait to release Kiwami on PC first. I mean, a lot of users have PS4 and PC, by giving the game on Plus you are pretty much giving up on a good amount of sales for the Pc version.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
great month, and don't have either game (played the original yakuza on PS2)

but why is this being shown so early. we've barely even got Octobers games and they're already showing Novembers?

OP
OP

Deleted member 1378

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, and to anyone who plays Bulletstorm and thinks they like it enough to buy the Duke Nukem DLC: Avoid it. It is god awful.

BionicDreamer

Nov 6, 2017
Eh, I predicted Kiwami to be available on Plus months ago. Well, it's not that there's something to predict, really, but Kiwami launched for a budget price of 30€, while 0 still sold a lot of copies for 60€ and only recently it got a price cut, so Kiwami was the safe bet.

Wait , Zero didn't release as a full price game did it ? I remember it being maybe $35 on release?

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Hey! I didn't want to buy it again but being able to replay Bulletstorm is rad.

I already own Yakuza Kiwami. It's a shame I couldn't get into 0.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Guess I can start getting into Yakuza. Should I play this one first or Zero? I think it will be simpler if I just go by order of release starting with Zero.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Guess I can start getting into Yakuza. Should I play this one first or Zero? I think it will be simpler if I just go by order of release starting with Zero.
Zero is the best place to start

very good story and sets up a lot of characters and has amazing side stories

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
It's whatever. If you play Kiwami first you will be surprised by how much better 0 is. If you play Zero first Kiwami will feel like DLC, but you have way more context to characters.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Yakuza 0 is so good, so playing it first can completely ruin Kiwami for you. ;p

Decent games btw. Had a blast playing Bulletstorm on 360 before.

Auberji

Oct 25, 2017
Own and beaten Kiwami but I loved Bulletstorm years back, I heard this remaster was a bit touch and go in places but a free copy can't go amiss :)

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Yakuza Kiwami hitting PS+ before I'm able to buy a standard non-steelbook copy is hilarious.

I mean I'll take free but I was waiting to give money for it.

BionicDreamer

Nov 6, 2017
Yakuza 0 is so good, so playing it first can completely ruin Kiwami for you. ;p

Decent games btw. Had a blast playing Bulletstorm on 360 before.

I played Zero and right away after started with Kiwami and honestly it was kind of struggle to get through it some ways, the boss fights ( and lot of other fights ) just felt cheap and not as finely tuned as some encounters in Zero was.

sschol

Oct 27, 2017
I bought Kiwami physically, but it's nice knowing I'm safe to sell, if I ever wanted to. Very excited for bulletstorm, though!

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully the multiplayer for Bulletstorm isn't dead. I really liked that game on PC when I played it a few years ago.

Yakuza Kiwami is a great choice, too. I have Zero, haven't started it, but adding the first game to my collection is a good way to get me to play the series.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Bulletstorm is a 10/10 in everything except the writing which is dick-slappingly awful