• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Both of these are good games, well regarded critically and by users. I hope that anyone that ever worked on them doesn't go through this thread...

SxP

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really glad I let my subscription lapse. Now I can just laugh at this terrible selection of games.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think Fifa trumps PES in every way...
But considering I didn't buy Fifa 19 and Im still playing Fifa 18 from time to time, it's a good month for me. Haven't played PES in years.
Major overreaction in this thread.
Not sure why..
Isn't soccer / Football topping PSN/XBox Live play time in all regions globally, even North America.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Just read a 2018 Kotaku article comparing Fifa 19 and PES 19, and it was absolutely brutal against PES. Well, it's free so I'm still getting it!

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think these are bad picks at all but there only being two titles per month is making PS+ feel inferior to every competition out there. Every big subscription service out there offers more than PS+, even when they are the same price such as Xbox Gold and PC Game Pass. PlayStation is now the best place to play Sony first party games. In everything else, the competition is better. That saddens me a bit as a long time PlayStation fan.

Last edited:

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
LOL, soccer games are the least valuable games out there, at few months from PES 2020 this 5€ game is just a slap in the face... what a farce.
At least HCT seems nice but... too little... from 6 games to this, what a shame... dat greedy Sony.

Natsunoyuutsu

Oct 28, 2017
Meanwhile Japan will receive at least one good RPG.
To all those people who even have slightly doubt about value of the service they are receiving, pls drop off ps plus or at least do not add those offerings to your library, these company won't and don't hear your voice(feedback), they can only see fucking data. That's the only way to communicate with them.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think rocket league was the last time i downloaded a game from this service. I wish there was a sub without this even if it's 5 cent less.

Benjamin1981

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Another horrible month. Too bad my PS Plus runs for two more years...It's the only thing preventing me to switch to Gamepass.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Damn, been wanting to play Horizon Chase Turbo since it reminds me of arcade racers. PES is cool too, good month.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Funnily enough I just received a pretty in-depth (15-20 minute) survey from PlayStation Europe that touched a lot on PS+, how satisfied I was with its offerings and what I would like to see.

Hopefully Sony are listening and this is a start for them to make changes before next-gen hits.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
It's getting worse and worse.

I may eventually buy an Xbox just for the game pass which seems so much better than this joke. Overall the multiplication of subscriptions in entertainment is driving me crazy, so if they don't make an effort I'm not sure I'll remain a + member. Seems like the best way is to just buy a month voucher with the occasional cool multiplayer game (TLOU II I hope).

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I don't expect every month to be a winner, but damn that's bad. The PES part anyway. Maybe Horizon Chase will be okay.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
They are joking right? Increasing the price of PS Plus, slicing the number of games to aminimum and now offering this????????
You know not everyone is interested in sports, let alone football and especially PES and not even FIFA.

For one moment I thought they offered the real Horizon. They didn't even offer an AAA racing game. Talkign about the worst month in history and I thought it could never get worse.

Anyway I am still wondering the use of PS Plus by now. Most of the most played online games are F2P and don't need PS Plus. The games' offering is getting obsolete now.

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
PES is good. Personally prefer the gameplay over FIFA.

But its definitely a waste of slot for a Plus game. Rather they give other game that caters more to to the general public since not everybody plays sports games.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway I am still wondering the use of PS Plus by now. Most of the most played online games are F2P and don't need PS Plus. The games' offering is getting obsolete now.
I'm quite surprised that they haven't made Plus required for F2P games already, but it's probably because the generation shift is soon and they don't want bad press for the PS5. I'm expecting them to force Plus for F2P games one year into the PS5 at the latest.

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Horizon Chase is excellent, but I've 100%'d it on both my iPad years ago and Android this year so enough is enough xD

PES is... I mean, wouldn't those interested have bought it already?

You'd be surprised how many buy FIFA just because of the licenses rather than the gameplay.

I think it's a great move for Konami as people who usually scoff at PES will actually see how good it is these days.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Well, that sure makes it easy to keep on enjoying Game Pass instead. PS+ went from being one of my favorites to something I find almost pointless today. I'm hoping they either just make Plus benefits free or create an all-in service that is on-par with GP. Saving grace is how cheap I've been able to stack these, so it's not that big a deal, but still.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
Did they try for the other horizon and just email the wrong company?

I mean I'll get those games but I'm unlikely to ever play them