• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure when this happened but it seems you are now able to buy games that you previously bought as PS+ Free games.

Overcooked! All You Can Eat

Journey back to the Onion Kingdom for a feast of epic proportions
bMikR0Y.png

HITMAN™ 2

Travel the globe and track your targets across exotic sandbox locations in HITMAN™ 2. From sun-drenched streets to dark and dangerous rainforests, nowhere is safe from the worlds most creative assassin, Agent 47. Prepare to experience the ultimate spy thriller story your mission is to...
sk9U9TJ.png

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
Yes I saw that last week, I think it might have happened when the new firmware version launched. It also asks you to select which version to download (PS4 or PS5) now in a more user-friendly way

Edit: I'm in the UK by the way and I can see the ability to purchase so it's not limited to the US or anything.

Edit Edit: Also works with PSNow games which I found more useful as I'll alway be on PS+ but games can leave PSNow and I might miss sales before they do.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Did this not start when they made the new ps store around the time of the ps5 launch? Could swear we could before, maybe I'm wrong.

eFKac92

Apr 8, 2021
I had this option for a couple of months at least, Poland.
You just need to press this purchased button and you will be presented with a drop-down list with items to buy.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, so it is. Wondered if it was only for PS5 games but nope, tried Trine 2 on the web store which was on Plus years ago (first old PS+ game that sprung to mind) and that's showing up fine with an option to purchase. Neat.

At the very least it's not an option on the app yet, but maybe in a future update.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
I still can't purchase games that I claimed on PS+ whilst I'm active on PS+. It's super annoying, if the games are on sale I can't claim them because I have them rented through PS+.

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017
It seems to be dependant on the game, and even then the experience is inconsistent.

If I look at A Plague Tale I get the option to buy it but there is zero indication in the store that I already own it via Plus. With Overcooked I get the same options as yourself to download it or buy it. But there are many others which I still do not get the option to buy at all.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I see PS+ free and have option to purchase. I'm in EU.

Btw, can you check with your account from EU, that you can still get the Deluxe Edition of Predator hunting ground and all other sony games with base editions that can't be upgradd if you claimed the base versions of them like the PS Plus collection games, I didn't claim Predator and any of the PS PPlus colelction games cus of that. If now you can claim the base version through PS Plus and can buy the higehr versiosn that don't have any upgrade path then this woudl be great.

It seems to be dependant on the game, and even then the experience is inconsistent.

If I look at A Plague Tale I get the option to buy it but there is zero indication in the store that I already own it via Plus. With Overcooked I get the same options as yourself to download it or buy it. But there are many others which I still do not get the option to buy at all.

Bummer, I was on the brink of claiming Predator and some PS Plus collection games.

Edit: I just checked with Concrete Genie and I still can't get the Deluxe Edition of the game cus I have the game from PS Plus and doesn't show another option to buy it either. Thank God this game has an upgrade path to Deluxe Edition unlike every other Sony game.

No way I am gambling and claiming Predator or any of the PS Plus games that come with abse editions and that can't allow me to upgrade after.

Last edited:

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Btw, can you check with your account from EU, that you can still get the Deluxe Edition of Predator hunting ground and all other sony games with base editions that can't be upgradd if you claimed the base versions of them like the PS Plus collection games,
Nope, still locked out, "you already own, yadda yadda..."

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Btw, can you check with your account from EU, that you can still get the Deluxe Edition of Predator hunting ground and all other sony games with base editions that can't be upgradd if you claimed the base versions of them like the PS Plus collection games, I didn't claim Predator and any of the PS PPlus colelction games cus of that. If now you can claim the base version through PS Plus and can buy the higehr versiosn that don't have any upgrade path then this woudl be great.

Bummer, I was on the brink of claiming Predator and some PS Plus collection games.

Edit: I just checked with Concrete Genie and I still can't get the Deluxe Edition of the game cus I have the game from PS Plus and doesn't show another option to buy it either. Thank God this game has an upgrade path to Deluxe Edition unlike every other Sony game.

No way I am gambling and claiming Predator or any of the PS Plus games that come with abse editions and that can't allow me to upgrade after.

You care far too much about a few pointless skins to not claim stuff.

OP
OP
dom

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know the UI update added the Metacritic Scores onto the games pages
That's actually a plugin. Also shows if the current price was the lowest the game has been.
Awzc6MB.png

chrome.google.com

PS Store Helper

Showing Metacritic score ,rating and the lowest price in history on Playstation store web page ,helping you make a better decision…

OldBritBloke

Oct 28, 2017
I've not subscribed to PS+ in many years, but a related annoyance for me is not being able to upgrade to the deluxe version of Ace Combat 7 (which includes Ace Combat 5 in the UK), or even buy the deluxe version of Ace Combat 7 outright, because I own the base version.

My annoyance has thankfully been mitigated by hearing that Ace Combat 5 is brutally difficult (I own a huge number of video games but I'm not actually any good at any of them).