• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
just curious how you updated? I got a message saying i was selected to be part of the beta but never got a firmware update and when i search for an update it says i'm up to date on 5.5
This happened to me. Restarting my PS4 gave me the ability to update to the beta. I always use rest mode so I didn't even think about it.

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Nice

I just wish they could have a full system level search like the 360 had - it dearched the store, all the video apps you had installed and the web if you wanted.

That was something special.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Looks so much better. Is it live now? I've been in the beta for a while but nothing different so far.

OP
OP
Kyoufu

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Searching feels really, really good now. It's safe to use the PS4 Store again lol.

HotEars

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Megaton.

The old layout and search system was so bad that anytime that I wanted to use the store on the PS4, I'd just whip out my laptop and use the desktop site instead.

Perhaps a new store is an indication of name changes incoming as well, eventually...

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Just updated. Holy moly, this is such an amazing improvement!!

Look up Kingdom Hearts. What do you see?
DlIL9cLV4AIGGfO.jpg

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
THANK GOD! It only took the entire gen for them to figure this out. Here's hoping that PS5 just uses the PS4 UI and store.

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
Hallefuckinglujah, the suffering of single letter search may finally be over. The current system is one my most hated UI designs and I'll be so much happier with the standard on-screen keyboard.

Now, if only the PS4 YouTube app could also switch to qwerty keyboard I'll be much happier with that also (no, I don't want to switch to the phone app either).

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
This is a good step. Need to be able to search through a publisher/developer catalogue aswell.

Crash

Oct 27, 2017
United States
The story of how it was changed is pretty great actually:

"He [Yoshida] comes in once in a while, but we don't let him search the store," Sony said. "We don't let anybody search. If the store is ready to be searched, we give them the controller, but very rarely do we do that.

"I mean, the search function was terrible, everything just felt bad... He's searching, he's got scrunched up shoulders, head shaking a little bit. I definitely get the feeling while he's searching that he's not having the greatest of times - which is great. I mean, it bums me out a little bit, but that's what I brought him in here for."

"Everyone had to rally together; not just the PlayStation Store team, but the engine team, the rendering team," Sony said, showing a slide that compared photos of Yoshida on his first and second times searching the store. "In the end it worked. He searched it again, and you can see the two different poses of Shu. Horrified is much more rigid. The second time, he was not horrified. It was super good. Very exciting.

Rahfiki

Oct 28, 2017
Was literally complaining about the UI this weekend. Thank god we'll finally have an actual keyboard instead of spending five years trying to find one game

logash

Oct 27, 2017
It feels so much nicer... I have no idea why they went with the letter by letter method in the first place.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark

"He [Yoshida] comes in once in a while, but we don't let him search the store," Sony said. "We don't let anybody search. If the store is ready to be searched, we give them the controller, but very rarely do we do that.

"I mean, the search function was terrible, everything just felt bad... He's searching, he's got scrunched up shoulders, head shaking a little bit. I definitely get the feeling while he's searching that he's not having the greatest of times - which is great. I mean, it bums me out a little bit, but that's what I brought him in here for."

"Everyone had to rally together; not just the PlayStation Store team, but the engine team, the rendering team," Sony said, showing a slide that compared photos of Yoshida on his first and second times searching the store. "In the end it worked. He searched it again, and you can see the two different poses of Shu. Horrified is much more rigid. The second time, he was not horrified. It was super good. Very exciting.
lmao great use of that

FSavage

Oct 30, 2017

This is great hahaha.

Deleted member 3190

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Off-topic but has anyone else had issues viewing the web store on mobile? I think it might be related to me being on Android P, but I'm not certain. I only get the desktop site now.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
This alone already makes it the best update the ps4 has had thus far.

Now, we just need to see if there is a hidden psn name functionality included too.

New store is much better