• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
Cheers how did you get it to narrow down to only PS1 games?
google search :)

OLrqnzF.png

and same for other classic platforms (PS2, PSP), btw.

Those sections were created a long time ago (and for any region, JP for example → https://store.playstation.com/ja-jp/grid/PN.CH.JP-PN.CH.MIXED.JP-PS1ARCHIVESALL/1 )
They just didn't bother put links into the menu.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
legit amazing that it took this long

ps4 interface and store is the absolute shits. baby steps i guess.

Plum

May 31, 2018
google search :)

OLrqnzF.png

and same for other classic platforms (PS2, PSP), btw.

Those sections were created a long time ago (and for any region, JP for example → https://store.playstation.com/ja-jp/grid/PN.CH.JP-PN.CH.MIXED.JP-PS1ARCHIVESALL/1 )
They just didn't bother put links into the menu.

That section doesn't actually include all the PS1 games on offer. From what I can verify right now it doesn't have the Final Fantasy games (which I know haven't been removed since I bought VI's PS1 version a few weeks ago lol) or the Resident Evil games and it's likely to not include quite a few more.

EDIT: Here's a longer list of PS1 games available in PAL regions. I checked and the list seems up to date regarding stuff that's been removed.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
My goodness finally, old way so such garbage, I wish they didn't waste so much space on the left side of the page though, maybe they could put a larger screenshot there

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
finally. The store search, store loading, and the TV/Video section loading TOOK FOREVER (even on a Pro).

Super annoying. Any default UI element should be instantaneous. Online Content can take time to load but when you have to wait for an INSTALLED app to load, that's BS.

xICHIGOx

Oct 27, 2017

I've made a short video in italian, the upgrade is big but the store is way slower now (and the OS Too). But it's very easy to navigate and find something now.

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Thank god. No idea why they felt the need to change it in the first place, it was perfectly functional and speedy before the whole PS Store makeover years ago.

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope the OS isn't slower. The PS4 OS is generally snappy, but there are always a few things that seems to take forever.

Example: Opening messages, opening the store.

It kind of feels like I'm loading a website half the time. It's hard to explain.

Apr 27, 2018
I'll be super happy if this update adds backward compatibility with PS1, PS2, and PS3 games.

Also a name change for your PSN ID.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
So fellow detectives. did you stumble on anything besides this? The previous beta had nothing but in this update only this feature? We must be missing something and no changelogs or patch notes aren't helping at all. keep in mind even with patch notes, previous firmwares offered hidden features not mentioned.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
I really hope the OS isn't slower. The PS4 OS is generally snappy, but there are always a few things that seems to take forever.

Example: Opening messages, opening the store.

It kind of feels like I'm loading a website half the time. It's hard to explain.
Honestly, that's what part of it is. The store is just a super minimal piece of software and the data is loaded into it like the web store. I'm reasonably certain that messaging and other friend functions are the same way.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if it's already known (apart from obvious, in my case) but this new search doesn't come with the 6.00 beta update.

It's live for me and I didn't update to the beta, I'm on official software version.

Only on EU though, I used my US account just before the EU one and I had the old search.

OP
OP
Kyoufu

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if it's already known (apart from obvious, in my case) but this new search doesn't come with the 6.00 beta update.

It's live for me and I didn't update to the beta, I'm on official software version.

Only on EU though, I used my US account just before the EU one and I had the old search.

It's weird that it's not available on the US store for you.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
For sure! Maybe it updated in the background upon entering but didn't apply until a second time (which was on EU). I'll check again later.

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
i wonder if the store search function being changed is anything to do with andrew house leaving, iirc he was the one that caused this whole shitfest to happen 5 years ago with both the PS3 and PS4 and now all of a sudden that he's gone, the UI is changed

doof_warrior

Oct 25, 2017
NJ
honestly, the column search thing wasn't necessarily my issue, but the RESULTS
they were always fucking terrible and you'd have stuff showing up first that wasn't even the game i was looking for

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
As an aside... Was there always an eject icon displayed in the upper right corner (clock area) when ejecting a disc? I've never noticed that before.