• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017

I don't give a fuck about Senran Kagura or the fact that it was "censored", but what kind of response is that?

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
It's a response from a customer support employee who is probably only trained to deal with basic purchase issues - and aren't making a ton of decisions around the Senran Kagura franchise.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It sounds like a random response from a low level employee that isn't all that familiar with the situation. Don't read too much into anything.

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a poorly thought out response that could've been explained a great deal more clearly.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Wait... isn't the person just saying that this case isn't the same as previous Senran Kagura games? They're saying that there'd be no reason to buy any subsequent game if it was the same as the previous one, so games change. And a change in this case compared to the previous release enforced the stated censorship.

I'm not even sure what there is to be mad about here. They're not saying that every Senran Kagura game is the same.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So every game has allowed you to slap the breasts and tug the face of underage girls?

Intimacy mode indeed.

What a hill to die on for some of the gamers in this industry.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Maybe they shouldn't let a support person say stuff they don't know about and make the whole company look bad, that statement kinda reads of someone that hasn't touched a videogame in their life.
Honestly, they may not have. And they wouldn't need to. They're basically an employee at a help line, paid to follow a script. One that doesn't have a set response for 'outraged anime fan'.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously, read that twitter thread. It's like the people talking to them think they're talking to the head of Playstation UK and the people on the twitter CLEARLY have no clue what the conversation is even about.

Learn to read some fucking social cues. It's like yelling at a Burger King cashier because corporate raised the price on their fries.

Nov 3, 2017
Maybe they shouldn't let a support person say stuff they don't know about and make the whole company look bad, that statement kinda reads of someone that hasn't touched a videogame in their life.

Maybe support shouldn't have to deal with people mad about their little girl anime games being less noncey especially when if you want the full pedophile, sorry, ephebophile experience you can just buy it on PC, it's not a normal occurrence at all

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
User Warned: Making negative generalizations based on avatars
All the people with anime avatars in that thread getting mad they can't molest underage girls in their upcoming masturbation game...

OP
OP

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, read that twitter thread. It's like the people talking to them think they're talking to the head of Playstation UK and the people on the twitter CLEARLY have no clue what the conversation is even about.

Learn to read some fucking social cues.

The Venn diagram of Gamergaters and Senran Kagura fans is 80% close to being a flat circle, but I still think the response is pretty bad and support people shouldn't really reply these kind of questions cause it makes the whole company look bad.

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
The response is perfectly sensible "just because previously we didn't care does not mean we can't change our minds"

But sadly this person will get fired cause the Internet.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure what the point of all this is.
The person (or persons) handling that twitter account probably have no idea what the hell a "Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal" is and why everyone is annoyed about it.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a support grunt response that you're trying to blow out of proportion as some official Sony wide statement
"Support grunts" should not be freehanding incoherent responses on social media, unless your company has no fucking clue what it's doing.

I don't actually give a flying shit about Senran Kagura or whatever the censorship debate is here, but this is just terrible optics for PS to allow agents to write tweets that are this poorly composed. A simple "We can't comment on individual review cases, please contact the publisher for more information" would have sufficed.

Last edited:

Kyora90

Apr 15, 2018
So, every God of War except for the new one was the same too? I don't follow that response.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
I hope their standards doesn't change concerning games like Yakuza.
h3k0x1u.gif

OP
OP

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
"Support grunts" should not be freehanding incoherent responses on social media, unless your company has no fucking clue what it's doing.

I don't actually give a flying shit about Senran Kagura or whatever the censorship debate is here, but this is just terrible optics for PS to allow agents to write tweets that are this poorly composed. A simple "We can't comment on individual , please contact the publisher for more information" would have sufficed.
Yup, this is my take as well.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope their standards doesn't change concerning games like Yakuza.

The hostess mode in Yakuza is for of age women, and hardly the same as this

https://youtu.be/A4nT1RlCr9w

Which is like a straight up molestation simulator. Not to mention the young characters.

One can comment on Yakuza's sexualization and still think the above is a whole new level of "what the fuck is wrong with some of you?".

edit: Even tho its from YT, unembedded the above video

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Why are people are so mad about not being able to molest virtual minors lmao

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait... isn't the person just saying that this case isn't the same as previous Senran Kagura games? They're saying that there'd be no reason to buy any subsequent game if it was the same as the previous one, so games change. And a change in this case compared to the previous release enforced the stated censorship.

I'm not even sure what there is to be mad about here. They're not saying that every Senran Kagura game is the same.
Basically.

Oct 25, 2017
The response is awkwardly worded but the sentiment is sound--"Why is this cut out when it wasn't in previous games?" "If this game were the exact same as previous games, there'd be no point in buying it. Since it's different, there may have been a change to that specific mode in this iteration that made it something more important to cut. For specifics, please follow up with the publisher."

The wording is bad, and they should probably train reps to not even try with basic broad-base logical guesses as to why something happened in the face of fan rage, but the core of the statement tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.