• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think Silent Hill and Metal Gear are impossible, as today's Konami is all about using their back catalog for easy money (unlike the Konami of 5-8 years ago who actively didn't want to release anything). It's more a question of whether they want to use this service or do full collections like they have for Castlevania and Contra.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Just give me at least some of these:
mgs 1, silent Hill games, god of war, sly cooper, jak and daxter, FF Tactics/Tactics Ogre

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Oddworld wasn't even part of the list revealed last week or so, which is more surprising.

Abes Odyssey has no trophies
So trophies are optional for PS1 (& maybe PSP) titles. I'm kind of alright with that if it means they can still have stuff like rewind & it allows for a more varied selection like the PS3 days. I imagine it's more 1st party titles or if the developer/publisher wants them included.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
A5C365B5-F685-40A3-9B78-5BE677DF4563.jpg
Ugh, hate that with PS2 games. Never felt right. Just let me use the Options button as the Start button.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I literally just bought Ridge Racer 2 on eBay, and I don't even own a PSP.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I need to know if there's more games with trophy support on there day one or if it's just Syphon Filter.

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
Im so excited for what this can bring in the future. Bring me Tekken 1, Tekken 3, MGS, Parasite Eve... This gen is going to be crazy!

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any chance they simply aren't active, yet? Back in the day, some games would apply them via patch/update, but I guess we'll see!

It's possible but I think they would advertise them as a feature in the stores description for the game if they were there, and usually you could still earn the trophies when a game was in this state you just couldn't see them on your trophy list.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
Ridge Racer 2 and Oddworld weren't part of the announced lineup from last week

I wonder what else is gonna be on there at launch

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Just noticed that Worms Armageddon is almost double the price of Oddworld & Worms World Party. Maybe there's no set pricing this time around, i.e. $6 or $10 on PS3?

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Im so excited for what this can bring in the future. Bring me Tekken 1, Tekken 3, MGS, Parasite Eve... This gen is going to be crazy!

I replayed Parasite Eve on the Vita back in 2020 and it holds up so well. What a fine game it is. I would absolutely replay it again if it comes to PS5.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Oddworld wasn't even part of the list revealed last week or so, which is more surprising.

So trophies are optional for PS1 (& maybe PSP) titles. I'm kind of alright with that if it means they can still have stuff like rewind & it allows for a more varied selection like the PS3 days. I imagine it's more 1st party titles or if the developer/publisher wants them included.
Trophies are optional? Excellent! That means they wouldn't be an obstacle to any games coming to the service. Hopefully the majority will though, given many people would like to have them with these games.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Confirmation of custom video filters is new.

So far with at least some of these classic games we've heard of improvements/additions like...

Custom video filters
Increased resolution
Increased FPS
Trophy support
Rewind and save state features
Confirmation that you can freely access previously purchased classic games once they've been added to PSN

Not too shabby at all! I wonder what else may be in the works. Still hoping for improved textures via AI upscaling to show up at some point, if not at launch then later.

I think someone mentioned in the other thread that there are two versions for each? PS4 version and PS5 version? Because of being able to get sets of trophies for both individually.

I wonder if this means the PS5 versions take advantage of PS5 features, if it's a native app. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I want Legend of Dragoon. It's been too long since I've hung out with the bro-est of bros, Lavitz.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Trophies are optional? Excellent! That means they wouldn't be an obstacle to any games coming to the service. Hopefully the majority will though, given many people would like to have them with these games.
I probably should worded that as "so it seems like trophies are optional", but considering Syphon Filter has them, yet Oddworld doesn't, nor does there seem to be mention of them for the other games linked in the OP, I would assume they're optional. But yeah, this is honestly what I was hoping they'd do, allow them as an option, but not required if the companies don't want to spend the time & money adding them. I enjoy earning trophies, but I would rather have the great selection of PS1/2 titles the PS3 have over the limited PS2 on PS4 selection despite them having trophies & upscaling.

Maybe the ones that get trophies will be exclusive to the PS+ tier, while the ones that don't will be available for purchase separately.

Nov 2, 2018
My request list

Wild Arms 1
Spyro 1-3 (Don't like the remasters)
Crash 3 (snap)
All the resident evils
Time Crisis
Evil Zone
Ronin Blade
Metal Gear Solid
Ridge racer 1
Tekken 1 and 3 (**** gon)
All tomb raiders

What I'll never get because of licensing:

Spider-Man
James Bond Tomorrow Never Dies
Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone
Digimon World
World Cup 98

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Zero fucks for trophies but I hope every game has those emu options.