• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

Probably will be the same on America.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
That bodes well for the US and what not but how about allowing people stuck with PAL versions the ability to download NTSC versions?

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Of course, they are the only versions with japanese language, why would they get the European versions?

Wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the world still gets PAL versions.

GWX

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it bodes well for US players necessarily. There are no PAL games with Japanese translations, but all PAL games are in English. Sony could use PAL games in the US still.

icecream

Oct 27, 2017
As mentioned in the other thread, the Japanese PlayStation classic also had NTSC games, while the rest of the releases had PALā€¦ obviously because the only versions with Japanese language in them are NTSC.

Wouldn't be surprised at all of the same thing happens here.

Conjo

Oct 27, 2017
Lei Colmosna
I'm very out of the loop on this info, why do people think they'll use PAL games for the US? (or places that weren't PAL)
edit: Oh, the playstation classic in the US had PAL games? that's stupid

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
iirc the same problem was in PS1Classic and it was because those versions had more languages.

basically, they're screwing with everyone just to provide more languages. i'm pretty sure america is gonna get duped with PAL versions.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
PAL regions are going to get the worst deal no matter what; we all know it. Only hope for a comprimise is if every region besides Japan is stuck with the NTSC / PAL mix; then you'll all have to suffer with us.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'm very out of the loop on this info, why do people think they'll use PAL games for the US? (or places that weren't PAL)

Because they have rolled out PAL games on PS+ Premium in other NTSC countries already. The PlayStation Classic (the mini console) used (some) PAL games in all non-Japan regions (including the US) and people are seeing the writing on the wall basically, based on how they dealt with those games.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse SƩrƩnissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
iirc the same problem was in PS1Classic and it was because those versions had more languages.

basically, they're screwing with everyone just to provide more languages. i'm pretty sure america is gonna get duped with PAL versions.
That doesn't seem likely because a lot of PAL games didn't have more than one language per SKU.

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017
As mentioned in the other thread, the Japanese PlayStation classic also had NTSC games, while the rest of the releases had PALā€¦ obviously because the only versions with Japanese language in them are NTSC.

Wouldn't be surprised at all of the same thing happens here.

The PS Classic isn't really a good comparison because that is something they actually had to sell world wide (in the two versions of it they sold) so that likely did have more complications around game licensing whereas these are all only sold based on the region of your PSN account.

Japan is not free from PAL here though. As with the initial Asia regions they have the PAL versions of the Worms games.

Shurp

Nov 29, 2017
Not expecting Sony to offer NTSC games worldwide, even though theres no reason they shouldn't

Hell even Nintendo offers some of the Switch Online N64 games in NTSC and Pal versions

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

Nah, almost all of the classic games don't have multi language options, even the PAL versions. I think it's only Everybody's Golf that does in fact.

Ape Escape, Jumping Flash, Syphon Filter etc are all just English. France, Italy, Germany, Spain had their own releases of most PS1 games with their own languages in.

It's a myth that PAL releases had multi language support. SOME did, but it wasn't the standard. Most of the PS1 classics so far don't.

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
Nah, almost all of the classic games don't have multi language options, even the PAL versions. I think it's only Everybody's Golf that does in fact.

Ape Escape, Jumping Flash, Syphon Filter etc are all just English. France, Italy, Germany, Spain had their own releases of most PS1 games with their own languages in.

It's a myth that PAL releases had multi language support. SOME did, but it wasn't the standard. Most of the PS1 classics so far don't.

oh.. sorry my bad.

then it makes this issue even weirder.

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
My expectation is that because availability is tied to purchases made on PS3, expect to get those versions (as what they were on PS3) in your region.

get wrecked
nope
malaysian ps3 psn has only ntsc-j version of ape escape
but the PS4/PS5 version is you get for free if you own it on PS3 is PAL

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
OP
OP
--R

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

unknown.png

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
did Japan get PS1 mini's/ PlayStation Classic console? if so was it also NTSC games? or Pal?

I believe the US version of PS1mini had Pal games no?

so if Japan's PS1 mini had Pal games..then that would make me feel better that the US version of PSones on the PS Store will be NTSC.

but if Japan's PS1 mini had NTSC games... then. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu