• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which had a better library

• PS2

Votes: 421 74.9%
  • PS4

Votes: 141 25.1%

• Total voters

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I just tried PS Now trail yesterday, and the collection of games is crap, frankly, its not even an argument wort making. Regardless of whether or not PS1 games arent considered a part of PS2s library, the vast majority work. So its basically PS2 & PS1 vs PS4 and the handful of PS1/2 ports. If PS Now put every PS3 game up, it might be worth arguing.
Guess you didn't try it long enough. There's over 600 games on that list so I doubt you saw everything. It has a majority of the big named exclusives and a ton of PS3 multiplats. You'd have to get very specific to name more than ten games that it's missing. You act as if there's just a handful when nearly 700 games which should be well over half the games on PS3. Though I am curious, what is this big list you have of games PSNow is missing?

But that's besides the point. When you search "PS2 games list" on any search engine or catalog, PS1 will not be a part of that. The question isn't "what games playable on PS2 vs PS4," but which library has the better games, which means PS2 vs PS4 games.

PixelBastard

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Guess you didn't try it long enough. There's over 600 games on that list so I doubt you saw everything. It has a majority of the big named exclusives and a ton of PS3 multiplats. You'd have to get very specific to name more than ten games that it's missing. You act as if there's just a handful when nearly 700 games which should be well over half the games on PS3. Though I am curious, what is this big list you have of games PSNow is missing?

But that's besides the point. When you search "PS2 games list" on any search engine or catalog, PS1 will not be a part of that. The question isn't "what games playable on PS2 vs PS4," but which library has the better games, which means PS2 vs PS4 games.

On the irish PS Now it doesnt feel like 600, i went through every single one yesterday and tried a couple that i found interesting. So much bs on there, maybe nostalgia has alot to do with it with PS2/1 games. But its all irrelevant, different regions get access to different games on PS Now, along with needing a good internet connection, if you're straight up comparing PS4 library to PS2, its no competition.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
PS4 doesn't come close to PS2 or the first PlayStation for that matter.
You can make an argument that a consoles best games are better than the PS4s best games. Maybe you can say you enjoyed the PS4, SNES, 360, etc more than the PS2 and you would not be wrong.

But I don't see how any other console can compete with the diversity of the PS2 library. It literally had pretty much everything covered.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
The sheer quantity and variety of the Ps2 library was absolutely insane, enough great games to last a lifetime. The Ps4's pales by comparison

Oct 25, 2017
PS2 at least had a lot more variety and games 'off the beaten track' alongside bigger titles

the biggest regret is the loss of AA-titles

Games like Hellblade and The Witness which are lower priced are basically that. Well, and games like Yakuza, Gravity Rush, EDF etc.

For me it's probably the PS4 because it has higher highs for me and Bloodborne is my favorite game off all-time.