Member OP

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Info can be found on their respective store pages

Warhawk: 11 years, 1 month, 27 days. 4076 days

Twisted Metal: 6 years, 8 months, 11 days. 2445 days

Playstation All Stars: 5 years, 11 months, 5 days. 2165 days

2. J-Skee

J-Skee

RIP Warhawk. One of the best online experiences I've ever had.

3. SgtCobra

SgtCobra

Oh no, not PlayStation All Stars. Truly a sad day for the industry.

On a serious note, from what I gathered Warhawk still had a small albeit dedicated community. I hope an alternative pops up for them sooner or later.

4. CM_Ace

CM_Ace

F

Had lots of fun with PlayStation All Stars and Twisted Metal (when it worked).

5. delSai

delSai

Twisted Metal and PS All Stars were so much fun. Wish they got Ps4 ports :/
    Oh well, had a shit ton of fun with both of those games.

6. Yukinari

Yukinari

Twisted Metal should have been shut down on launch day when its online and lobbies were empty due to poor networking. Not saying the game is bad though.

PS All Stars i played quite a bit of 2v2.

7. fourfourfun

fourfourfun

Hold on, Warhawk dies? I thought you could provide your own PS3 as a server? I remember doing that in the early days when the official servers were bombed on launch and managed to provide a stable 24 player haven.

8. TechnicPuppet

TechnicPuppet

What's the benefit to Sony, can't they just run them on virtual servers? Spin them up as they are required.

9. Ghost305

Ghost305

My top 3 PS3 MP games, dying all at once.

Damn this sucks.

10. Killyoh

Killyoh

Wtf, my dream was to be the best PASB player of the world and now it's shattered to pieces. What am I supposed to do ? Become the best at Smash ? It can't be done. What am I going to do with my life ?

11. fourfourfun

fourfourfun

Warhawk, at least, has a really weird system. The Warhawk servers are literally a cluster farm of PS3's.

12. Kida

Kida

It's pretty pathetic that these get shut down. It also means any BC offering on PS5 will have reduced value. I would have loved to play Warhawk at 4k like what MS is doing.

13. Linkinito

Linkinito

You could create servers but if the "master server" is getting shutdown you can't create servers anymore.

14. Patitoloco

Patitoloco

Man, pretty much the first MP experience I had, RIP Warhawk.

Until the HD remaster.

15. Vilam

Vilam

Lots of good memories of Twisted Metal. I really hope that isn't the last we see of that franchise =(

16. RestEerie

RestEerie

whoa...isn't warhawk a game during the ps3 launch year...without trophy support and all?

17. MPrza

MPrza

I experienced the most intense online battles in warhawk. Becoming an ace dog fighter is something that can never be matched unless maybe a warhawk 2 is made.

18. Savantcore

Savantcore

For real. So many good memories of that game.

19. Shao Kahn

Shao Kahn

Alright. Who do I talk to to get a Twisted Metal Battle Royale game up and running?

And Warhawk HD?

And All Star sequel?

11 years is quite an adventure. We need more.

20. EssCee

EssCee

I’m just hoping this means we’re finally getting a remastered version of Warhawk

21. Linkinito

Linkinito

Starhawk was a spiritual successor to Warhawk. But the servers "only" went up for 6 years as they were shutdown in June 2018.

22. Ryuhza

Ryuhza

[​IMG]

The legacy dies a little more.

Wish they'd at least have bothered to port them. Good times were had in all three of these titles, even if I was more of a Starhawk fan (sue me).

23. MPrza

MPrza

I played starhawk. It was no warhawk.

24. AndyVirus

AndyVirus

Trophies were patched in.

25. Raigan-etc

Raigan-etc
    Banned Member

Let’s hope this means a Warhawk remaster is coming

26. Ghost305

Ghost305

Yeah, Warhawk came out in '07, but had trophies patched in later.

Speaking of trophies, I just realized that as of now, it's impossible to get the Twisted Metal Platinum because of a certain time-sensitive trophy (win 1 ranked game a day for 30 days straight).

27. fourfourfun

fourfourfun

Ah no, well that is a shame. I would have thought that was a game that would last forever on a P2P basis.

28. John Bender

John Bender

RIP all three of them. All three were great. Warhawk and Twiste Metal Black are two of my favourite games. Incredible games!

29. UncleDisco

UncleDisco

Good night, sweet Warhawk.
    Warhawk was such good fun, one of the first titles I got off PSN and really enjoyed. Also had split-screen online mp, which was super great.

30. Ghost305

Ghost305

Indeed not.

It was better.

31. Irate Bandit

Irate Bandit

The online never worked for Generic All Stars, it was always just disconnect issues everytime you found an opponent. I hope you can still host servers in Warhawk, there is even a trophy got hosting a server for 4 hours straight.

32. Nooo All Stars truly saddens me.. I love that game so much. A port, remaster, sequel or even a mention of it from Sony would make me happy.

I love All Stars so much.

33. i'm surprised twisted metal and playstation all stars were still live tbqh

34. GHG

GHG

Sony giveth and Sony taketh away.

35. Yoshi Cookie Pro Circuit.

36. Defuser

Defuser

Its crazy that Sony never remaster Warhawk for PS4. Warhawk would have been a excellent GaaS.

37. runlikehell

runlikehell

RIP Wowhawk!!!

38. Grigorig

Grigorig

Oh man the 4 player split screen online in Warhawk was so much fun, so many great college memories.

39. HotPhase

HotPhase
    Registered an alt account Member

I think it's one of those games/series that'll be stuck on PS3 forever because it's not exactly very popular within the masses like TLOU, Uncharted 1-3 or GOW III are & wouldn't make Sony much money.

Those were the reasons why those games have gotten ported over to PS4 (UC 1-3 under "The Nathan Drake Collection").

40. Nagito

Nagito

You had a good run Warhawk now sleep.

41. funky

funky

Warhawk was a damn fine game.

Damn fine.

42. stan423321

stan423321

Tell me more about that LAN mode.

43. Jack Scofield

Jack Scofield

Warhawk was probably my favorite multiplayer experience of last generation. I have tons of great memories of it. What a sad occasion.

44. giancarlo123x

giancarlo123x

Warhawk deserves a second chance.

45. V_Ben

V_Ben

God Damnit, I won't have a way of playing Warhawk one last time before it goes :( What a game.

46. Vex

Vex

Warhawk. Damn.

End of an era.

47. L Corleone

L Corleone

Warhawk remaster please

48. Gradon

Gradon

Playstation All Stars. D: I loved it despite everyone hating it.

I have like two trophies left to platinum it, gotta do them before its impossible I guess.

49. SG-17

SG-17
    Community Resettler Member

Oh wow... I love Warhawk. It is such a unique game. I'll miss it.

It should be fairly simple to get Warhawk working again over LAN tunneling with X-Link Kai though.

But its obvious whats happening, Sony is gearing up to end PSN support for the PS3. Its holding back the network for stuff like name changes I bet.