PS3 Games Warhawk, Twisted Metal, Playstation All Stars shutting down TODAY (Oct 16th, 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017

Info can be found on their respective store pages

twisted metal said:
Online features for Twisted Metal (PS3) will no longer be playable from October 25, 2018. Functionality will be affected in the following ways:

o You can play the campaign offline as well as local (couch) multiplayer in split screen mode.
o You will not be able to host or join an online game.
Warhawk said:
Online servers for Warhawk (PS3) will be shut down on October 25, 2018 at 12:00 AM PT. As Warhawk was an online-only title, this shutdown means that the game will no longer be playable unless the PS3 system is set to LAN mode, as only local network play will function.
Playstation All Stars said:
Online features for PlayStation All-Stars (PS3, PS Vita) will no longer be playable from October 25, 2018. Functionality will be affected in the following ways:

o You can play the campaign offline as well as local (couch) multiplayer in shared screen mode.
o You will not be able to host or join an online game.
Warhawk: 11 years, 1 month, 27 days. 4076 days

Twisted Metal: 6 years, 8 months, 11 days. 2445 days

Playstation All Stars: 5 years, 11 months, 5 days. 2165 days

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no, not PlayStation All Stars. Truly a sad day for the industry.

On a serious note, from what I gathered Warhawk still had a small albeit dedicated community. I hope an alternative pops up for them sooner or later.

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Twisted Metal and PS All Stars were so much fun. Wish they got Ps4 ports :/
Oh well, had a shit ton of fun with both of those games.

Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
Twisted Metal should have been shut down on launch day when its online and lobbies were empty due to poor networking. Not saying the game is bad though.

PS All Stars i played quite a bit of 2v2.

Oct 27, 2017
England
Hold on, Warhawk dies? I thought you could provide your own PS3 as a server? I remember doing that in the early days when the official servers were bombed on launch and managed to provide a stable 24 player haven.

Oct 28, 2017
Paris, France
Wtf, my dream was to be the best PASB player of the world and now it's shattered to pieces. What am I supposed to do ? Become the best at Smash ? It can't be done. What am I going to do with my life ?

Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty pathetic that these get shut down. It also means any BC offering on PS5 will have reduced value. I would have loved to play Warhawk at 4k like what MS is doing.

Oct 30, 2017
I experienced the most intense online battles in warhawk. Becoming an ace dog fighter is something that can never be matched unless maybe a warhawk 2 is made.

Oct 28, 2017
France
I experienced the most intense online battles in warhawk. Becoming an ace dog fighter is something that can never be matched unless maybe a warhawk 2 is made.
Starhawk was a spiritual successor to Warhawk. But the servers "only" went up for 6 years as they were shutdown in June 2018.

Jan 6, 2018
whoa...isn't warhawk a game during the ps3 launch year...without trophy support and all?
Yeah, Warhawk came out in '07, but had trophies patched in later.

Speaking of trophies, I just realized that as of now, it's impossible to get the Twisted Metal Platinum because of a certain time-sensitive trophy (win 1 ranked game a day for 30 days straight).

Oct 27, 2017
Good night, sweet Warhawk.
Warhawk was such good fun, one of the first titles I got off PSN and really enjoyed. Also had split-screen online mp, which was super great.

Oct 27, 2017
The online never worked for Generic All Stars, it was always just disconnect issues everytime you found an opponent. I hope you can still host servers in Warhawk, there is even a trophy got hosting a server for 4 hours straight.

HotPhase

Registered an alt account
Sep 19, 2018
Until the HD remaster.
I’m just hoping this means we’re finally getting a remastered version of Warhawk
I think it's one of those games/series that'll be stuck on PS3 forever because it's not exactly very popular within the masses like TLOU, Uncharted 1-3 or GOW III are & wouldn't make Sony much money.

Those were the reasons why those games have gotten ported over to PS4 (UC 1-3 under "The Nathan Drake Collection").

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Playstation All Stars. D: I loved it despite everyone hating it.

I have like two trophies left to platinum it, gotta do them before its impossible I guess.

SG-17

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow... I love Warhawk. It is such a unique game. I'll miss it.

It should be fairly simple to get Warhawk working again over LAN tunneling with X-Link Kai though.

But its obvious whats happening, Sony is gearing up to end PSN support for the PS3. Its holding back the network for stuff like name changes I bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.