• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
Warhawk was a damn fine game, really scratched that multiplayer itch early on. Nothing like the original showing, but fun as heck.

Would be awesome to have a PS4 title, but this late in the gen, and with star hawk not setting the world aflame, I'm not sure we will ever see it.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Warhawk...man I loved that game..was kinda overlooked as the BOOM of FPS's was underway when it came out, but it was SO good. A lot of people didn't get the shooting auto lock mechanic - but the game was more about the skill of overall strategy and positioning, flanking, etc - not just being a best aim = winner.

The mode where you have to grab the tokens and get them back to your base was a bit overlooked but awesome, I remember being on the back of a jeep, shooting at a warhawk chasing us across the desert/mountain map, we had all the tokens, and we were driving through canyons, jumping over shit - with this warhawk weaving its way through those canyons..god that game was great...

Some of the best maps ever too, archipelago was incredible.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, not PSABR. Anything but PSABRRRS.

I was thinking about getting the online Trophies for PSABR34F-Z, but then I realized I would have to play PSBARTSBADB and... meh. I think I'm fine.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Warhawk was the reason why I took out a loan and got a PS3 to begin with. I remember going wild over the EGM preview.

I'll sneak some matches in this week. RIP to a classic.

May 17, 2018
Really upsetting to me that Sony shuts down so many of their games.

PS3 is possibly my favorite console of all time, and, I'll never be able to experience some of my favorite games again.

I guess it's business, but, I swear they do this so much more than their competition.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember, if you really care about Warhawk you can use lan tunneling (X-Link Kai) to keep playing online.

People have been playing other LAN capable PS2 and PS3 games with it online.

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really think Warhawk would do really well as a remaster on PSN. It even opens itself up to a payable cosmetic system. I really wish Sony would take a chance on it.

jackissocool

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ohio
Warhawk's gotta be thelongest running multiplayer game on PS3. And the best. I'll make sure to go back to it. What a fantastic fucking game.

Sep 7, 2018
Damn, I completely forgot there was a Twisted Metal for the system. Was the game any good?

Warhawk? That was a launch title right?

fhqwhgads

Oct 28, 2017
I will go down in playstation all stars history as one of the greatest sir daniel players to ever grace the scene

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
F for Warhawk. Never bougjt the full game, but I had fun piloting the planes with the sixaxis in the demo. I still have it installed on my console.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, I played the hell outta Warhawk last gen, shame to see it go.

Think I may have to get some matches in before it shuts down at least!

Lurcharound

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Warhawk was the last time i regularly played online and enjoyed it. Great little game.

Salutes.

Also would probably devote some time to online gaming if they'd release remaster on PS4.

Oct 25, 2017
Warhawk has LAN support so it can be saved with Xlink Kai LAN tunneling.

Been+a+bit+since+you+last+on+here+you+_38ba511a60de69af8129f64e977a8589.jpg

Is still going on?

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
On the bright side, Warhawk can still be played over a LAN.

Wonder if all these shutdowns means the end of online/PSN is coming for PS3. Might be happening next year.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Again, everyone, Warhawk will still be playable online because it supports LAN and thus XLink Kai. There is a really dedicated community for the game who no doubt will be moving over to XLink Kai.

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
I don't get these shutdowns. It can't account for a lot of traffic and even if you've only got a very small group of players left, you're pissing some people off by shutting it down. I mean, sure, 50 years down the road, ok. It just seems like a poor choice, especially for games that only work online.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I rember I bought warhawk right when it came out and I didn't like it at all. I thought it had a wierd, dry, generic style and the Hawks felt funky to fly. But I had a friend who was an online shooter junky who didn't have a PS3 and from when he first played it, he seemed to love it. He always wanted to play. Insisted that it was brilliant.

And it took me weeks but... He was right. It's actually a genius game.

Kodros

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Please, for the love of god let there be a Warhawk Remaster or new game announced at PSX...PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
RIP PS All Stars. All you needed was a better way to eliminate opponents and you would have been the best Smash clone. But no.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I rember I bought warhawk right when it came out and I didn't like it at all. I thought it had a wierd, dry, generic style and the Hawks felt funky to fly. But I had a friend who was an online shooter junky who didn't have a PS3 and from when he first played it, he seemed to love it. He always wanted to play. Insisted that it was brilliant.

And it took me weeks but... He was right. It's actually a genius game.
I bought it for the Bluetooth headset, I remember some sites even giving it a lower score because it was online only. Crazy how things have changed now that multiplayer is the dominant game mode these days.

RIP warhawk, PS all stars and mod nation.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get these shutdowns. It can't account for a lot of traffic and even if you've only got a very small group of players left, you're pissing some people off by shutting it down. I mean, sure, 50 years down the road, ok. It just seems like a poor choice, especially for games that only work online.
99% sure they are gearing up to shutdown the PSN altogether for the PS3. Its likely holding back some key features for the PS4 and beyond, like name changes.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Since Warhawk supports LAN you should still be able to tunnel without issue, so that game will never truly die.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Warhawk was one of the best multiplayer experiences I've had. I was so happy when I reached lieutenant rank. I think I ended my career as commander because I was shit in air combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.