• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
only got to try like a demo of warhawk, was pretty fun.
Played Starhawk for a bit and was somewhat fun too.

Twisted metal online never worked for me.

PSASBR only played online for the trophies, mainly play smash clones offline.

Popetita

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
I have never been that on online multiplayer but I played hundreds of hours of Warhawk.

I wish they'd make another one.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
I would kill for a remake of Warhawk. Even the DLC were A+. Ugh. I bought a PS3 back in 2007 for Warhawk. The game is essentially euthanized with this news.

Nerdkiller

Resettlement Advisor
Does twisted metal have LAN?
Twisted Metal does have LAN. In fact, here's an example of it in action being played over a tunnelling service.

God, I wish I gave more time to this game. But all it did was overheat my fat PS3, which made me hesitant to continue playing, having already been through one fat console before.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I hope other games will stay online as much as possible. I wonder why such stuff only happens to Sony games. There are online games from the 90s and still running fine.

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
Twisted Metal does have LAN. In fact, here's an example of it in action being played over a tunnelling service.

God, I wish I gave more time to this game. But all it did was overheat my fat PS3, which made me hesitant to continue playing, having already been through one fat console before.

Holy shit that is dope

I had only played on local split screen, has 4 player on one console (forced my little cousins to play it with me lmao).

Kid Heart

Oct 25, 2017
That's a bummer. I really enjoyed PSASBR and am still desperately holding out hope for some sort of sequel.

Warhawk was a heck of a lot of fun too. I played the demo a lot when I was broke and couldn't afford anything. Eventually purchased the main game once I saved up enough scratch and it was pretty sweet.

Nerdkiller

Resettlement Advisor
This may seem not too feasible, but has anyone tried or will try a network package capture for Warhawk (and Twisted Metal, because why not?) in the hopes that the community would bring the online back? I'm not too keen on the idea of the extra hoops to go through if I want to tunnel a LAN connection, because sometimes, I just want to jump in without the need to organise an event.

Oct 27, 2017
It's a testament to the quality of the game that Warhawk is only ending now eleven years after it was released.

I played it from launch and put a ridiculous amount of hours into that game and no matter how far from released was, the game was always enjoyable to throw on with a great community.

Probably my favourite online game and a real highlight of last gen; I would pay an insane amount of money for a PS4 version with the same sense of community there was in the PS3 version.

Weeaboom

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
It's a testament to the quality of the game that Warhawk is only ending now eleven years after it was released.

I played it from launch and put a ridiculous amount of hours into that game and no matter how far from released was, the game was always enjoyable to throw on with a great community.

Probably my favourite online game and a real highlight of last gen; I would pay an insane amount of money for a PS4 version with the same sense of community there was in the PS3 version.

Well said.

I was #1 in Warhawk DM for a while. One of my favorite games of all time.

Nerdkiller

Resettlement Advisor

I'm still bitter with it ending the way it is. I mean games with a population that are generally dead or are of an annualised franchise get taken offline, but Warhawk...there's still nothing like it to this day, and the fact that the servers were still filled with players is a testament to just how good the game is.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Still mad that MAG got the plug 3 1/2 years ago.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
For most of Saturday, Warhawk's servers were not reachable. I'm hoping Sony extends the shutdown date to January 2019. Even if you aren't a trophy hunter, 3 more months won't hurt anything.

Nov 1, 2017
FL, United States
So many fun memories with Warhawk. it's a shame I never had the opportunity to play with a larger group.

I'm dreaming, but I would play an HD remake of Warhawk with offline capabilities in a heartbeat. Aerial/Turret combat was so much fun.

Respawn

Dec 5, 2017
It's pretty pathetic that these get shut down. It also means any BC offering on PS5 will have reduced value. I would have loved to play Warhawk at 4k like what MS is doing.
These post rub me the wrong way sometimes. When you're not paying for anything out of pocket its great to complain. In this case 11 plus years is damn good.

Mar 17, 2018
I hate harping on people I really do. I respect game devs even when they fail, but Dylan Jobe is single-handedly responsible for ruining the Warhawk franchise with his bizarre and horrible Starhawk game.

Sony invested millions in that studio and they just went out back and shot themselves. Even after we gave them extremely pressing feedback on why the game would fail; intimate forum conversations directly to the guy himself. And then the game launched broken with horrible balance. I still can't believe it to this day. I don't want him involved with any kind of remake.

I respect trying, but you gotta be better than that with a 20m-30m dollar studio. It was terribly irresponsible of him to just go off and make his dream game no one wanted.

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
These post rub me the wrong way sometimes. When you're not paying for anything out of pocket its great to complain. In this case 11 plus years is damn good.

Post like these rub me the wrong way. I've been a PS plus member for 7 years. I spent money buying Warhawk which will now be a coaster. And from a game preservation standpoint it is terrible. PC games with no subscription fee keep can keep their servers online for decades. A massive corporation has no excuse.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
People seem upset. I feel like before Sony shuts down servers they should give a warning to gamers to populate and play these dead mp games or its game over.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
The problem now is when you try to connect to Warhawk especially the servers are unreachable. Sony really should change the deadline for shutdown to account for this. Maybe to October 30 or even December 31, 2018.

Respawn

Dec 5, 2017
Post like these rub me the wrong way. I've been a PS plus member for 7 years. I spent money buying Warhawk which will now be a coaster. And from a game preservation standpoint it is terrible. PC games with no subscription fee keep can keep their servers online for decades. A massive corporation has no excuse.
Then we disagree with civility.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta wipe the dust off the PS3 and play some Twisted Metal and Warhawk on the last week they are up for sure. Then wipe the tears, and put the machine back to the shelf.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
Twisted Metal its great, and its a shame the Car-combat genre died with it. Well, theres other options but its just not the same as Twisted Metal / Vigilante 8 / Rogue Trip. I hope we get a new one soon (highly doub it)

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
Wanted to bump this, so people who didn't know about this get a chance to see.

I just found out about all of this today.

Warhawk was awesome, TM was great and I just played Playstation All Stars for the first time. Pretty fun so far.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Sleep well, sweet tooth.

I have this crazy vision of Twisted Metal Battle Royale, where it feels like an actual Twisted Metal tournament, a large island with highways interconnected with the maps from previous games, and more.

I hope there's a new TM in the cauldron.
Bump.

Today is the last day to play Twisted Metal and Playstation All Stars Battle Royale online.
10 more days, no?

Oct 27, 2017
Sleep well, sweet tooth.

I have this crazy vision of Twisted Metal Battle Royale, where it feels like an actual Twisted Metal tournament, a large island with highways interconnected with the maps from previous games, and more.

Oh man, this might be the only Battle Royale idea that I would play. That and 100 Knacks fighting each other to death and getting bigger after each kill.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Warhawk was the very first game I bought for my brand new PS3 in 2007. I'm surprised it's still around after all these years!

What a great game.

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
Sleep well, sweet tooth.

10 more days, no?
It originally was announced for the 25th, but for some reason, Sony pushed up the dates for those two games by ten days :(

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/gameservers/

Also, the online portion for Infamous Second Son(PS4) will go offline after December 16th, 2018 and

Drawn to Death(PS4) servers will close after March 25th, 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.