• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
Last call for Twisted Metal and Playstation Battle Royale All Stars!

About 90 minutes to get the last few remaining matches in :(

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
That's terrible. Thread title needs an update.

I reported the OP's post, hopefully it gets updated. That's really fucking shitty of Sony to do, especially for warhawk

edit: thanks mods!

Edit2: goddamn it, misread that updated post, looks like it's only Twisted Metal and PSAS that are shutting down today?

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
what the fuck?! I was planning to get that last PASBR online friend trophy this weekend, and now they already shut it down?

Stardestroyer

Oct 31, 2017
I reported the OP's post, hopefully it gets updated. That's really fucking shitty of Sony to do, especially for warhawk

Edit2: goddamn it, misread that updated post, looks like it's only Twisted Metal and PSAS that are shutting down today?
yep shitty for sony to shut down an 11 year old game. After the first 2 years how many games did you play?

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts

I mean, Warhawk's server was up for over a decade. It stinks, but it's not what I would label "fucking shitty."

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
what the fuck?! I was planning to get that last PASBR online friend trophy this weekend, and now they already shut it down?
Good news is that the Playstation site made an error with the dates and they will close as originally scheduled on the 25th.
What online did inFAMOUS SS have? I know that 2 has community creation stuff for missions.
I guess some puzzle that uses PSN.

ZeldaGalaxy94

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Sweden
F#ck, my PASBR Online Pass where too OLD to USE 2 weeks ago!

So no Platinum now!

Must have been a sign to not do "boring"/superhard trophies

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It originally was announced for the 25th, but for some reason, Sony pushed up the dates for those two games by ten days :(

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/gameservers/

Also, the online portion for Infamous Second Son(PS4) will go offline after December 16th, 2018 and

Drawn to Death(PS4) servers will close after March 25th, 2019.

Holy shit, why is Second Son being shut down? I don't get it. What does that cost Sony? Isn't that just a bunch of time trials?

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, Warhawk's server was up for over a decade. It stinks, but it's not what I would label "fucking shitty."

I'm not saying the server shutdown is shitty, i'm saying the sudden switch is. Dedicated communities plan events around server shutdown dates, it's definitely shitty to pull the rug out and move up the date with minimal notice when the game will literally never be playable online again.

Deleted member 8752

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What a bummer. I hate when this sort of thing happens.... and I never even played those games.

Still... feels kinda sad.

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit, why is Second Son being shut down? I don't get it. What does that cost Sony? Isn't that just a bunch of time trials?
The game will be fine. It's just some puzzle that apparently was poorly implemented to begin with.

Wait, is Warhawk shutting down today? The website lists it as the 25th?!
No that was always the 25th. Sony's Playstation site errored listing shutdown dates.

If a mod could please update to the 25th for all three games. Thanks!

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
The online portion of Second Son is actually really good, it's basically a mini-ARG thing called "Paper Trail".
iu

It was a really fun concept, they even sent out psychical merch to early players.
444032-infamous-second-son-other.png

444026-infamous-second-son-other.png

It worked fine back when i did it during launch, so i'm not sure where the reports of problems are coming from.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
hahaha, there are some real killers online in Warhawk :D constant baserape and can't even fly for 2 seconds and get a handle of the controls before someone shoots me out of the air :D

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
The online portion of Second Son is actually really good, it's basically a mini-ARG thing called "Paper Trail".
iu

It was a really fun concept, they even sent out psychical merch to early players.
444032-infamous-second-son-other.png

444026-infamous-second-son-other.png

It worked fine back when i did it during launch, so i'm not sure where the reports of problems are coming from.
Actually that merch was sent before the game came out, I remember that it was about finding out what was your power by doing some dna-like tests. The ARG was after the game came out and boy that was a weird one. A lot of it involved some puzzle and browsing some fictional websites. I remember everybody was getting pretty hyped that we were going to get the paper power but in the end I think all we got was a vest skin -_-

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
I managed to Platinum Warhawk finally yesterday. I'm hoping to get the online trophies for Twisted Metal done later tonight. I may just as well Platinum it afterwards along with PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale for Vita and Crysis 2 (another game where the online is now shutdown).

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
I managed to Platinum Warhawk finally yesterday. I'm hoping to get the online trophies for Twisted Metal done later tonight. I may just as well Platinum it afterwards along with PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale for Vita and Crysis 2 (another game where the online is now shutdown).
Massive props for getting the Platinum trophy for Warhawk. That is no easy feat. I tried back in the day to unlock it but alas I failed.

Mar 17, 2018
Massive props for getting the Platinum trophy for Warhawk. That is no easy feat. I tried back in the day to unlock it but alas I failed.

LOL most people just didn't want to waste all that time in the anti-air missiles. Even crazy MarkJayW never platinumed it for that very reason. I didn't do it either. Fuck it. I had game to play. I wasn't going to sit in those things for hours on end.

Oct 28, 2017
I bought and played warhawk for an hour this weekend and...
It was still fun as heck.
It's a bit archaic in it's controls but nothing to bothersome.
I would love to see a weird game like this again but know it will never happen again.
R.i.p. warhawk.

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
Is this already done or going down later today? Do we have an exact time? Tempted to have a couple of games if I'm not too late

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
What's this about Crysis 2? I just played MP last night on Xbox One and the PS3 servers were operational a few months ago.

Nerdkiller

Resettlement Advisor
Anyone gonna try to continue playing the game with LAN tunnelling software? I mean, it won't be as easily accessible as it would be the usual way, but I don't want this game to outright die off with the servers.

hahaha, there are some real killers online in Warhawk :D constant baserape and can't even fly for 2 seconds and get a handle of the controls before someone shoots me out of the air :D
Oooh, know it was what we used to call it back in the days, but I don't think it's the kind of language we would use today and hope to move past that.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I liked PSABR a lot more than most, it's a shame that the game got such a toxic reception as though there hadn't been other games in the smash genre since smash bros came out.

These days we have Icons, Brawlout, and Brawlhalla, and Strikeout. I feel like a PSABR would have gotten a lot less heat had it been announced today.

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
They just shut down Warhawk's servers a few hours early.

I even have footage of the exact moment the servers died. Which is definitely historically important.

I'm just glad the devs of this (and Twisted Metal.) were smart enough to implement LAN modes, ensuring you can still technically play online using a tunneling service such as Xlink Kai.

Nerdkiller

Resettlement Advisor
This kinda went under the radar (this was first posted two weeks ago and only know I know of this?), but there is a group on Reddit that intend on getting the servers back online.

https://www.reddit.com/r/warhawk/comments/9nbrf2/warhawk_server_reverse_engineering_megathread/

So while we can play via tools like Xlink Kai, it's also possible that a server can be reverse engineered.

This thread is to track such progress.

However, unlike PS2 games, PS3 games authenticate against PSN. Re-creating a fully functional server is different in this case. That said, having people capture what they can with wireshark while we still have time could be of value to future endeavors. Please consider submitting what you have to a file host and I will download it and host it for future attempts.

Please be aware that your efforts could cause disciplinary actions to your PSN account. This is not for the people adverse to taking risks!

I would like everyone that does participate to change their passwords when they're done taking network dumps as well as doing so before submitting the dumps to the public.

Thanks,

CAP

Oh, and look who happened to chip in just now.

Hi everyone! You may or may not know me, but I host the server for demons souls online. If you all can get the code reversed and assembled. I can do the same as I do for the demons souls community which is host and manage the sever for you.

I'm seeing the traffic is encrypted. While that sucks, it's not impossible, as long as we can get packet captures of just about all the features and functions of the game, eventually we should be able to reconstruct a server emulator. Also I'm not sure about warhawk but the keys may be stored on the disc or elsewhere for decrypting the traffic.

This game I remember spending tons of time on when I first got my ps3, so just like demons souls. This game is part of me as others are. While I no longer have the game in my possession, ill see what I can do. If someone has some pcaps I can look at let me know.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
They just shut down Warhawk's servers a few hours early.

I even have footage of the exact moment the servers died. Which is definitely historically important.

I'm just glad the devs of this (and Twisted Metal.) were smart enough to implement LAN modes, ensuring you can still technically play online using a tunneling service such as Xlink Kai.

Would this Xlink thing allow you to still get the online trophies?

Status
Not open for further replies.