• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
220px-Warhawk_cover.jpg
220px-TwistedMetal2012.jpg
220px-PlayStationAllStars.jpg

Info can be found on their respective store pages

twisted metal said:
Online features for Twisted Metal (PS3) will no longer be playable from October 25, 2018. Functionality will be affected in the following ways:

o You can play the campaign offline as well as local (couch) multiplayer in split screen mode.
o You will not be able to host or join an online game.

Warhawk said:
Online servers for Warhawk (PS3) will be shut down on October 25, 2018 at 12:00 AM PT. As Warhawk was an online-only title, this shutdown means that the game will no longer be playable unless the PS3 system is set to LAN mode, as only local network play will function.

Playstation All Stars said:
Online features for PlayStation All-Stars (PS3, PS Vita) will no longer be playable from October 25, 2018. Functionality will be affected in the following ways:

o You can play the campaign offline as well as local (couch) multiplayer in shared screen mode.
o You will not be able to host or join an online game.

Warhawk: 11 years, 1 month, 27 days. 4076 days

Twisted Metal: 6 years, 8 months, 11 days. 2445 days

Playstation All Stars: 5 years, 11 months, 5 days. 2165 days

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
RIP Warhawk. One of the best online experiences I've ever had.

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no, not PlayStation All Stars. Truly a sad day for the industry.

On a serious note, from what I gathered Warhawk still had a small albeit dedicated community. I hope an alternative pops up for them sooner or later.

Deleted member 13550

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Twisted Metal and PS All Stars were so much fun. Wish they got Ps4 ports :/
Oh well, had a shit ton of fun with both of those games.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
Twisted Metal should have been shut down on launch day when its online and lobbies were empty due to poor networking. Not saying the game is bad though.

PS All Stars i played quite a bit of 2v2.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Hold on, Warhawk dies? I thought you could provide your own PS3 as a server? I remember doing that in the early days when the official servers were bombed on launch and managed to provide a stable 24 player haven.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
What's the benefit to Sony, can't they just run them on virtual servers? Spin them up as they are required.

Killyoh

Oct 28, 2017
Paris, France
Wtf, my dream was to be the best PASB player of the world and now it's shattered to pieces. What am I supposed to do ? Become the best at Smash ? It can't be done. What am I going to do with my life ?

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty pathetic that these get shut down. It also means any BC offering on PS5 will have reduced value. I would have loved to play Warhawk at 4k like what MS is doing.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Lots of good memories of Twisted Metal. I really hope that isn't the last we see of that franchise =(

MPrza

Oct 30, 2017
I experienced the most intense online battles in warhawk. Becoming an ace dog fighter is something that can never be matched unless maybe a warhawk 2 is made.

Deleted member 9317

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Alright. Who do I talk to to get a Twisted Metal Battle Royale game up and running?

And Warhawk HD?

And All Star sequel?

11 years is quite an adventure. We need more.

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm just hoping this means we're finally getting a remastered version of Warhawk

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
giphy.gif

The legacy dies a little more.

Wish they'd at least have bothered to port them. Good times were had in all three of these titles, even if I was more of a Starhawk fan (sue me).

Ghost305

Banned
Jan 6, 2018
whoa...isn't warhawk a game during the ps3 launch year...without trophy support and all?
Yeah, Warhawk came out in '07, but had trophies patched in later.

Speaking of trophies, I just realized that as of now, it's impossible to get the Twisted Metal Platinum because of a certain time-sensitive trophy (win 1 ranked game a day for 30 days straight).

John Bender

Oct 27, 2017
RIP all three of them. All three were great. Warhawk and Twiste Metal Black are two of my favourite games. Incredible games!

UncleDisco

Oct 27, 2017
Good night, sweet Warhawk.
Warhawk was such good fun, one of the first titles I got off PSN and really enjoyed. Also had split-screen online mp, which was super great.

Deleted member 16849

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The online never worked for Generic All Stars, it was always just disconnect issues everytime you found an opponent. I hope you can still host servers in Warhawk, there is even a trophy got hosting a server for 4 hours straight.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Nooo All Stars truly saddens me.. I love that game so much. A port, remaster, sequel or even a mention of it from Sony would make me happy.

I love All Stars so much.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Its crazy that Sony never remaster Warhawk for PS4. Warhawk would have been a excellent GaaS.

Grigorig

Oct 30, 2017
Oh man the 4 player split screen online in Warhawk was so much fun, so many great college memories.

HotPhase

Registered an alt account
Sep 19, 2018
Until the HD remaster.

I'm just hoping this means we're finally getting a remastered version of Warhawk

I think it's one of those games/series that'll be stuck on PS3 forever because it's not exactly very popular within the masses like TLOU, Uncharted 1-3 or GOW III are & wouldn't make Sony much money.

Those were the reasons why those games have gotten ported over to PS4 (UC 1-3 under "The Nathan Drake Collection").

Jack Scofield

Oct 27, 2017
Warhawk was probably my favorite multiplayer experience of last generation. I have tons of great memories of it. What a sad occasion.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Playstation All Stars. D: I loved it despite everyone hating it.

I have like two trophies left to platinum it, gotta do them before its impossible I guess.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow... I love Warhawk. It is such a unique game. I'll miss it.

It should be fairly simple to get Warhawk working again over LAN tunneling with X-Link Kai though.

But its obvious whats happening, Sony is gearing up to end PSN support for the PS3. Its holding back the network for stuff like name changes I bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.