• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
8RCBzY3.png

No user-facing features at this time, so no idea what they actually want us to test...?

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just got the mail too, hope I'll find new things :)

Edit: hmm ... Beta 2 it says ...
Maybe this is preparing for something new related to their network in the background?

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
"System Software 6.00 does not include any major consumer-facing features during the beta period. You will find smaller quality of life and performance fixes."
ngbbs43cddec7e2b26.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
It says that it doesn't contain them at the beta period, not that 6.00 won't have any major features. The dream is still alive.

Although not quite sure what they want us to test lol. I'll download it tomorrow.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
"during the beta period".
So they'll be there afterwards? Thats weird.

Testobjekt

Jan 23, 2018
Germany
"At this Beta stage, the 6.00 update does not include any new major consumer-facing features. However we would still value the community's help in fine-tuning the performance and stability improvements the update brings."

Well...

Not that I think this includes name changes, but the name change is something that would happen behind the scenes, and the firmware would just allow for it. They have also included features in the past that did not show in the Betas, but came out with the release

So, there's still hope.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2018
Wasn't it heavily rumoured that a system software update would go into beta in August and launch publicly in September that would be preparing under-the-hood configurations for compatibility with back-end settings regarding name changes and PS Now downloads on PS4?

Dom6

Oct 26, 2017
Not that I think this includes name changes, but the name change is something that would happen behind the scenes, and the firmware would just allow for it. They have also included features in the past that did not show in the Betas, but came out with the release

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
I expect there will be some good stuff down the line, but nothing that can be accessed right now. I don't know if the PR backlash on this "empty beta" will hurt them though.

IMO, I can wait.

Embedded

Oct 27, 2017
I can give my code as i'm not gonna open my console for a while.
EU Region (don't know if it matters)

5HJX 3EN5 674T

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No email yet, but I'm strangely hoping I'll get one? I'll be playing my PS4 a good deal soon so I'd enjoy testing something in the process. It bums me out that others are seemingly only in this to play with new features rather than to actually test things.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Guessing if there's no user facing features in the beta it has under the hood changes for something they want to go live for everyone at the same time.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
hmm, idk why they'd want us to beta test stability, the whole point of a beta is to make sure features work right before public release. it's either the FW team being weird or theres some huge new feature that they knew would get out in a beta cause no-one takes the NDAs seriously.

Wish Playstation got firmware update rollouts like Xbox does.

it's probably the team being weird. there wasn't anything big in the 5.50 FW update either right?

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
I understand the confusion, everyone is so used to "beta" being demos now for game releases, so when an actual "beta" gets released in firmware everyone is confused that it doesn't have some awesome new feature like BC.

It's here for bug testing, if you don't want to bug test, the beta is not for you. Any major features will probably be added to future beta phases (since this is just beta 2 and we've seen up to 6 in the past). There's very likely some under the hood stuff they want to make sure is stable before they push out every new feature all at once.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Yay my streak of getting into every FW beta stays alive.

But no consumer-facing features? What's the point then?

Pennywise

Oct 25, 2017
On the Beta forum "At this Beta stage, the 6.00 update does not include any new major consumer-facing features."
So certainly some stuff will get added at a later stage. Maybe they're just trying to get the general stability going, which some don't really care about.