• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
hUb6yfT.jpg

It's currently downloading. Finally I can exchange O and X as accept and cancel and vice versa.

Remote play on iOS devices is now supported.

It's around 460MB.

Last edited:

Gohlad

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Its 463,8 MB.

Patchnotes: Remote Play for iOS available and changing/swapping of X and O for decline/accept. Also something with NicoNico Livestreams.

MrAlderson

Apr 19, 2018
Main Features in Version 6.50 Update
  • You can now enjoy Remote Play on iOS devices. You can use (PS4 Remote Play) to connect your PS4 system from devices such as smartphones and tablets. Download (PS4 Remote Play) from the App Store.
Other Features
  • You can now choose 720p when you broadcast using Niconico Live. This service is available only in certain countries and regions.
  • You can now change the button assignment to perform "Enter" operations from the Circle button to the X button. Select (Settings) > [System], and then select the checkbox for [Use X Button for Enter]. This option is available only for specific countries and regions.

Read more at https://gematsu.com/2019/03/ps4-sys...ersion-6-50-now-available#wvAddmmCotYtst6H.99

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Main Features in Version 6.50 Update

• You can now enjoy Remote Play on iOS devices. You can use (PS4 Remote Play) to connect your PS4 system from devices such as smartphones and tablets. Download (PS4 Remote Play) from the App Store.
Other Features

• You can now choose 720p when you broadcast using Niconico Live. This service is available only in certain countries and regions.
  • You can now change the button assignment to perform "Enter" operations from the Circle button to the X button. Select (Settings) > [System], and then select the checkbox for [Use X Button for Enter]. This option is available only for specific countries and regions.
https://gematsu.com/2019/03/ps4-sys...ersion-6-50-now-available#EorfCHBMFvR9iOUK.99

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think we all need to accept at this point that the name change announcement was a figment of our collective imagination and didn't actually happen

Mar 18, 2018
Woah!! I didn't know you could play on my android mob...

This app is incompatible with all of your devices.

just great then :/

mrglcs

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Wait, what the fuck? Was the iOS remote play announced before? It's disappointing to hear that the DS4 is incompatible though :(

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
Speculative: this will help them prepare a PSNow iOS app. The cloud gaming division handles remote play apps IIRC.

sugarless

Nov 2, 2017
Wait so how are you suppose to control games on your iPhone or iPad? Maybe the Switch Pro Controller can be paired?

Waveset

Oct 30, 2017
Remote play on iOS! Been waiting for this for a long time :)

Edit - app not available in UK store yet.

Last edited:

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Hey that's actually a great update! :D Small tip, it won't help with actual Remote Play but if you want to use this as Off-TV Play like the Wii U do this:

- Make a second user on your PS4
- Use the second user to connect via Remote Play
- Set the PS4 as a Primary System for the new, second user
- Use your DS4 controller like you normally would directly connected to your PS4 logged in as your normal user

That way you have no input delay and the Remote Play just works as if it were another screen.

Last edited:

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
No, it says in the store that shows it that you cannot use a dualshock 4. Instead shows touch overlay on iphone screen. :(

That's very interesting.

Of course controller pairing should be supported, and it would be nice if they got a DS4 to be pairable.

But offering a touch only overlay interface shows potentially how cloud streamed games could work on generic devices without access to a controller.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Mfi limitation cripples the remote play app. Sucks that Apple is so controlling of hardware.

Shantae

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 15, 2019
What is the app called on iOS? I can't find it, all I see is the R-play one

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
huh, this app isnt too bad, like, dont play action games with it lol, but i really like playing persona 5 with it.

What is the app called on iOS? I can't find it, all I see is the R-play one
i opened one of the playstation music official apps and scrolled through their list of apps until i found.

Waveset

Oct 30, 2017
App wasn't showing for me on the store but the first result is the second screen app, click on that then scroll down to see "More by Playstation Mobile Inc.", click "see all", then I see Remote Play.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
Still no shut down when download is complete in rest mode?
come on Sony even the ps3 had that.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
Will games recognize the X/O swap or would it only work for system menu navigation?

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017

General tips for RP:
- Don't use PS4 WiFi module for internet [it greatly caps the home wifi transfer speed for RP]
- Turn on 60fps game streaming [this reduces lag even in 30fps games]
- Test both PS4 Wifi and Router WiFi for home streaming, find the best one for you.

Still no shut down when download is complete in rest mode?
come on Sony even the ps3 had that.
My PS4 settles down in basic&quiet rest mode when downloads are complete [downloads turn on APU, HDD and cooling fan].