PS4 firmware 7.00 Beta (Codes going out now)

Kinan

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, transcription of party chat on the second screen? Interesting how well it can work.

And yes, audio quality improvements are mentioned.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
I dream of Apple Music support one day. It seems like the Spotify partnership will probably last through to PS5 though.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Oh boy. I wonder if anything as substantial as the boost mode update and downsampling update will ever happen again. At this point in the ps4's life, I'm not really expecting anything as exciting and just wishing they're saving up everything for next gen(by saving, not holding back but rather work in progress just in time for release next year)
yeah I really hope they PS5 will have an OS that has all the current functionalities, as a bare minimum.

8byte

Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
yeah I really hope they PS5 will have an OS that has all the current functionalities, as a bare minimum.
Since the architecture is pretty similar and the PS5 will be completely BC, I think it's safe to say they'll absolutely roll forward with the same OS, save a few visual updates and bells and whistles. I can't imagine them starting from scratch *again* after getting the PS4 OS this far and being pretty competitive with other platforms. Would be a disaster for Sony.

Kinan

Oct 26, 2017
And you can now type in in the second screen app on your phone and it will be voiced for you in the party chat. Oh boy.

Ohri-Jin

Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
The biggest party I have ever been in was for FFXIV and it was on TeamSpeak. Too many people all at once. We were all tipsy though on a friday. It was awesome, but other than that never have I been in a large party on ps4.

If anything it is only super annoying. Hell sometimes during story sequences friends will blabber throughout ugh lol.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Since the architecture is pretty similar and the PS5 will be completely BC, I think it's safe to say they'll absolutely roll forward with the same OS, save a few visual updates and bells and whistles. I can't imagine them starting from scratch *again* after getting the PS4 OS this far and being pretty competitive with other platforms. Would be a disaster for Sony.
Yeah, agreed. Only thing I'm missing is some more solid media playback support, but to be honest, I have enough other options for that.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
I can't even think about any new special features for the menu, and I don' even expect bigger things anymore.
Another redesign of the library menu would be good.
But that I would mainly want because some games/appps show up on the wrong category.
But the update with it restart is a pretty good addition.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Got a code as well, so if any of you want to join, be my guest

Oh and it's EU

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

nolifebr

Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
The only thing I want from them on the next generation is more constant updates. Waiting 6 months for an update that really brings something new is horrible.

Thera

Feb 28, 2019
EU code here, be my guest :
Hidden content

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
i feel like US is already in this beta? I know i've got a Beta update installed on my main PS4. i think it was 6.8 though?

8byte

Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I don't know, Microsoft manage to release monthly updates (I don't know if they still do this)
Right, but for computers, phones, tablets, and a ton of other consumer devices, Firmware updates with significant feature improvements are usually annual or longer. Also, Microsoft wasn't adding major features every month, so I think it's a big disingenuous to compare monthly updates there to Sony's updates.

Every 6 months is fine. I'd rather have 6 months between updates than have them more regularly with smaller bits of features & (possibly) less reliability.

Cugel

Nov 7, 2017

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping for Android Remote Play.
What do you mean?

All devices?

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
I think they might have added more Accessibility options as well (larger text, bold text, etc).

Darkkahn

Oct 25, 2017
EU code, can be used 19 times:
Hidden content

tofaro28

Dec 17, 2018
What do you mean?

All devices?
Me too!
I still hope to make a "PS4 Switch"

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
I'm also hoping for Android remote play, just because it's easier to carry around than a Vita or iPad.

Oct 27, 2017

Mireille

Oct 26, 2017
Wonder how 16 player party will end.. it can be bad nowadays.. cant imagine how bad it can be (Noise and loudness that is)