• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Sony just gave me an email with a code for 7.00 beta firmware. For EU accounts (I'm from Finland if it matters), can be used 20 times.

Be one of the first players to try out the new PS4™ Party update, as part of the PlayStation® Beta experience. Play, chat and connect with even more friends online, as we're boosting Party sessions from eight to 16 players – this brand-new feature is due to release in System Software Update 7.00.

Performance for system updates is also being improved, meaning your PS4™ won't always need to restart after every update. Going forwards, select system software updates will automatically be installed after download if the [System Software Update Files] setting is switched on, found under:

[Settings] > [System] > [Auto Downloads]

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT:
If you participate in this Beta trial, you won't be able to join the same Party or use Share Play with others who aren't also participating in the trial. Once you've opted in to the trial, Parties that you're able to join will have an asterisk (*) in front of the Party name.

EU PSN code:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Nice of them to include 20 downloads on the code since you can't be in party with anyone who don't have the beta.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Oh boy. I wonder if anything as substantial as the boost mode update and downsampling update will ever happen again. At this point in the ps4's life, I'm not really expecting anything as exciting and just wishing they're saving up everything for next gen(by saving, not holding back but rather work in progress just in time for release next year)

JetroPT

Jun 11, 2019
Not having to restart after every update is nice.

I had to just write something to see the hidden content. But it's still nice

Ricky

Oct 25, 2017

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I got in an early US version of this and was bummed I couldn't get the 16 parties working with other people yet lol.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wake me up when they update their shitty way of having to delete more space than needed to download or update a game

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Hope they add some good features in soon. 16 player party sound like a mess. I can barely hear myself in a 5 player party for rainbow six.

yeah it won't be fun, I've joined 16 player parties a handful of times in the last 5 years and it is a tally mess unless you know each and every voice and people know how to behave .

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
yeah it won't be fun, I've joined 16 player parties a handful of times in the last 5 years and it is a tally mess unless you know each and every voice and people know how to behave .

Even 8 people parties get hectic, especially the more groups of people you have playing different games.

Kinan

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Test away:

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Non-restart updates is the real big feature here than the crowded party option. I've been in 8 player parties before, you can't hear shit because everyone is trying to talk over each other. 16 just sounds insane lol

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
16 people party chat seems a nightmare. It was bad enough with 6 people doing raids in Destiny.

Not having to restart after every update is the real game changer. I have been really annoyed using my PS4 because it seemed like every time I wanted to use it, I would have to wait forever for the super slow update and reboot. If I'm not playing a newly released Sony exclusive, sometimes it would be 2-3 months before I turn on my Ps4 and then I would have to wait forever for it to update.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
16 people in a party sounds like a nightmare honestly.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mmm.. I wonder if the ever rumored game statistics stuff will make a secret entrance with this update.. Well, Tidux said it lastbtine around, so.. yeah. Probably not.