• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
the mixed reports about it doing something and doing nothing combined with preventing you from joining parties of non-beta participants scared me off

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
I am not sure if this has been discussed frequently, but upcoming firmware should give the user more control over where to install applications on storage devices. It's not a huge ask of Sony to implement this kind of option, and it's long overdue.

Under the storage menu, instead of going right to the drive(s) summary, make that a submenu. The regular storage menu should then look like this with the following options added:

-Storage Summary (goes to overview of storage devices)

If an external drive is connected to the PS4, the following options are made available. I'm just using my own wording and layout here but you'll get the idea.

-Application Install Location
[ ] Internal Storage
[ ] External Storage

Next, I really think the following would make a huge difference for the better in PS4 usability:

[ ] Ask where to install applications
... [ ] Before downloading
... [ ] Before installing from disc
... [ ] Before downloading and installing from disc

[ ] Ask where to install for timed preload application downloads

These options would not be bad, either:

[ ] Save non-trophy photos to external storage device
[ ] Save captured video to external storage device

Once these options are confirmed, if the user wants to be asked where to install something in a given scenario but does not make a selection after, say, anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds, the PS4 will default to what was selected under Application Install Location. Also, if the external device is not connected for some reason in any scenario it'll just go on the internal storage device if there is enough space.

Obviously, if no external drive is set up on that PS4 then everything except for "Storage Summary" will be grayed out.

I really do not think this would be hard to implement at all and there's no reason why they can't add it. It's so annoying when you have multiple downloads, want to try a small demo, trial weekend game, etc. or simply just do not want to put a certain application on your app install location because of how you're trying to organize. Then you have to waste a LOT of time and wear on your hdd/ssd drives transferring stuff back and forth.

Last edited:

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
Does anyone have problems using PS4 Remote Play app?

Ever since I installed the 7.00 beta I can't use it. It does open, locate my PS4, turn it on but in the end it says it has to update the app and that I'll be able to reconnect once I restart but it just doesn't do anything.

I have the latest version of the remote play app on macOS (2.8 I think)

Anyone else?

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I wouldn't mind a wee code, I've never gotten into any of the Beta programmes ever.. in UK, if anyone fancies PMing me one? I don't play in parties or anything so that stuff doesn't bother me :)

Edit: CODE RECEIVED!

Last edited:

SPIN!

Banned
Mar 16, 2018

Ever since I installed the 7.00 beta I can't use it. It does open, locate my PS4, turn it on but in the end it says it has to update the app and that I'll be able to reconnect once I restart but it just doesn't do anything.

Anyone else?

Remote play doesn't work with PS4 firmware betas.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England

Anyone else?
You can't use remote play until the app gets an update usually this happens on actual firmware release.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
Oh nice.
Does that mean every game that doesn't have HDR from devs will have forced HDR like forced supersampling for PS4 Pro? Or just for games that offer HDR but don't ofefr the option to tweak it?
It's global hdr calibration that sets the lowest and highest points your display can manage.

It does mess with some games though.

Uncharted 4 I had to lower the brightness slider two points from where it was previously set in order to not have the bright boxes on the calibration slider not all merge together.

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Anyone else?

Thats something that happens on Beta FW updates, the PS4 even warns you when you update to a beta one that you cant use Remote Play anymore until they release the full FW and update the remote play app.

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
Thats something that happens on Beta FW updates, the PS4 even warns you when you update to a beta one that you cant use Remote Play anymore until they release the full FW and update the remote play app.

Another user pointed that out.

I totally missed that part but I'll wait for the final release, can't be bothered to roll back the firmware.

Tulakpuppy

Jul 27, 2019
[QUOTE = "Darkkahn, príspevok: 23057710, člen: 7922"]
Kód EÚ, je možné použiť 19-krát:
[Skrytý obsah]
[/ Quote]
ŠÚ

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
Word definitely need volume control. Even with 8 or less it's still pretty bad.
Oh for sure even with three people it's terrible. I always want to turn people down in party chat. ALWAYS. I can't stand it. I can barely hear my damn game on HD600s amped because people's mics are so fucking loud. Their stupid slider doesn't do jack. And why have a slider for non-audio that doesn't even work?

I can't stand how incompetent certain sectors of Sony's design team are. They just don't seem to have a clue about audio in general on some fronts.