• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
My Pro updated automatically while I left GOW in rest mode. The update didn't affect the game at all, I closed it to update to the latest patch and booted it up right away with zero problems. All my games are hidden, although I can't remember if I did that on my own in the past. Otherwise, my Pro is working fine and having zero problems booting up games.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I paused the download of this until we know more just to be safe and I wasn't prompted to change any privacy settings although I seem to remember being asked to do that a couple of weeks ago. I did check my hidden games and it seems like everything is hidden though, so it's not related to this update as I don't have it installed yet. I'm going to ask a friend if they can see my trophy list when they wake up.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I paused the download of this until we know more just to be safe and I wasn't prompted to change any privacy settings although I seem to remember being asked to do that a couple of weeks ago. I did check my hidden games and it seems like everything is hidden though, so it's not related to this update as I don't have it installed yet. I'm going to ask a friend if they can see my trophy list when they wake up.

Trophy lists and activities still show for others. It's just games played that have suddenly been turned to hidden and not able to change.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Thanks for the warning. Gonna unplug my PS4 from the internet today.

OP
OP
chanunnaki

chanunnaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My god of war reverted back to version 1.00 which accounts for the large update download to 1.13.

I'm gonna just wait for the download to finish. Hopefully it will be fine after it redownloads the update.

OP
OP
chanunnaki

chanunnaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems you have the most trouble with this patch, that sucks. :(

Yeah, what annoys me the most is that I moved from a home with 1Gb fibre connected to 10Mb ADSL. FML. Fibre was supposed to be installed in my new place on the 18th of this month but they've pushed it back to the end of May. FML. First world problems, lol

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
Version numbers can be planned out ahead of time.
if there is need for a quick fix suffixes are usually used.
I usually use letters. Like 1.0.2a

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, so God of War is corrupted and needs a redownload. That's strange when I was only playing it last night and I've played over 40 hours without issue before...

Seems to Be the only corrupted one thus far. Blood borne, FF15, BF1, TF2, all boot and run fine.

Edit: Doom also fine. Seems god of War caused me issues.
Was it installed on an external hdd?

ren-shin

Oct 28, 2017
This hidden thing probably has something to do with an europe law that now all things must be hidden for default for users. Steam also did this last week and killed Steamspy in the process.

Deleted member 12447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok if no one is going to do it. I'm going to do it.

UncomfortableLeadingAtlanticblackgoby.gif

IMACOMPUTA

Oct 27, 2017
There's a handful of people unable to launch GoW without it crashing. I wonder if this fixes that.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Getting error at 100% error code SU-41309-7. Good game, Sony. The best part is it constantly keeps trying to install it and just keeps failing.

OP
OP
chanunnaki

chanunnaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God of War is booting correctly again after the update. Happy days. Back on the gravy train!!

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
These dummies didnt bother to put it up to download so dont try to upgrade your internal HD now.

Yurinka

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Thats probably because of those new privacy laws that forced Steam to do the same (they auto changed all profiles from Visible to Private)
The new EU privacy laws don't force to do this. Steam did it because Valve wanted. Maybe just to shut down Steamspy, to make sure people don't realize that the average of copies sold per game in Steam keeps decreasing after the recent Steam Direct and Discovery changes.

ED_209

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Curitiba/Brazil
Media Tab?! (Image from PS Facebook)

C1H2OpF.jpg

Edit: YES! Just checked, and this is new too. Every image or video that your share now appers on that tab.
Always wanted that!

Image from Shironuma on Reddit:

6V5NhmV.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 8688

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Version numbers can be planned out ahead of time.
if there is need for a quick fix suffixes are usually used.
I usually use letters. Like 1.0.2a

Most interesting aspect of this update is it applied without a reboot and with a game running in the background. So it seems Sony can hotfix firmware now. I guess this capability is new and might have been added in 5.50.

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hidden games thing seems to be forced. It's on by default and you can't even select multiple games at once. You have to select each one. It's like Sony wants them hidden from public view.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
All games are now hidden from other players.

This is a bug, right?

Has to be, but I agree the change is likely related to the passing of the GDPR in Europe. It isn't solely affecting only the EU, and has global reach.

I tested a few things others were saying had happened to them after this update. This is all on a PS4 Pro btw.

• Update auto installed, shows in System Info
  • No problem with GOW. It auto downloaded the 1.13 patch (and the game itself is on External) and installed it this morning as I slept. Booted up fine
  • No apparent issues with external drive in general
  • No issues with my screenshots
  • Wasn't prompted to change any sharing settings, though I did go in and change my Music Privacy to allow my Spotify info to show on my profile to friends.
  • Hidden Games are indeed broken. All of my games are hidden from other players. I changed GOW specifically (and only) back to unhidden, but as you can see it still shows as hidden on my profile

1kPkNIP.jpg